Chapter 010: Invite Her On A Date PART 2
244 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So Cold


“You want to clean my office?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“This is just to show you my appreciation for helping me earlier this noon.”

“It was my job.”

“But I can't help but be thankful for what you did po ma'am. So please be so kind and allow me clean your place.”

“.............”

She really likes to stare in silence. That's really intimidating.

She's getting suspicious perhaps?

“What is it po ma'am?”

“Do you have something you want from me Mr. Reverren?”

I want you to date me.

“How cold. You're breaking my fragile glass heart po ma'am. Why do you assume that I have an ulterior motive?”

“Because this is your first time volunteering to clean my room.”

“Ohh. We've only met for at least a month po ma'am. I just realized earlier how serious you are into teaching your student. It makes me want to help you.”

.......It is my job.”

Heh. Is that so? In any case, your spirit stirred me up.”

I pick up the broom and start sweeping the wooden floor.

“.............”

Her place isn't that big. But it's enough to fit a small book shelf, a water dispenser, a medium size mahogany table, and few other furnitures.

I don't have much to clean here actually. She seems to be maintaining her place very well. It's not fancy but it's orderly arrange making a person feels comfortable.

“Are you not... afraid of me?

Ma'am Iris whom I thought to be busy doing some paperwork suddenly broke the silence with a question.

And why is she asking me that?

“Why should I be afraid?”

“No nevermind.”

“.............”

“.............”

“Does this got something to do with how the student body sees you as a cold person?”

“.............”

“I thought so as well. You're aloof and seemingly unemotional po ma'am. Your attitude make us feel like you don't care about us.”

“But that's not true!”

Oh.

“I apologize.”

“No it's fine po ma'am. But heh, you just shouted.”

Well well... color me surprised.

“Because, it's not like I don't care.”

“Fufufufu. It's fine po ma'am. It's lovely to know that you're not unemotional like how you're perceived by everybody. It looks like we just don't really know you that much. I feel so lucky!”

“.............”

“Why don't you try hanging out with your students? It could help you po with your social life.”

“.............”

She's not responding. I can't read her mind because she's not showing any changes in her face.

“Please don't pry into my private affairs but continue with what you're doing Mr. Reverren or just leave.”

I thought we finally have a topic to talk about but she cut it off like that.

It looks like she doesn't want to talk about this any further. She is now focusing on her paperwork.

So I simply continue sweeping the floor...

“Is there anything else to clean here po ma'am?”

It's been 30 minutes. I can't find anything else to clean.

“You've done enough Mr. Reverren. Thank you and please leave now. I'm about to be done with my work.”

“Ohh you're welcome po ma'am.”

“.............”

“Ma'am.”

“Yes? Is there anything else?”

“Can I drink some water?”

“Sure.”

I look around her room. There's no cup for me to use.

“I have no drinking bottle with me po ma'am. Can I borrow yours?”

There's a cup on her desk.

“I am currently using this Mr. Reverren.”

There's no changes on her face. I can't tell if that made her mad or disgusted. Or did she even feel anything?

“I could just wash it ma'am Iris.”

“No.”

“Well, no then. Very well I understand.”

I may infuriate her if I continue.

“Please close the door after you leave.”

“Ma'am, is it just me po or you're so eager to make me leave?”

“You're bothering me Mr. Reverren. I'm working.”

Heh... So cold.

“.............”

Well, time to do what I also came here for. I sneakily pulled out my phone from my pocket.

I unlocked it and opens the voice recording application.

Then I press record.

“Ahhh ma'am!”

“What is it Mr. Reverren?”

“Didn't you told me and the boys to pick up the new locker last Tuesday?”

“What of it?”

I sit on her guest's seat.

“I'm just wondering if it will put me in any trouble.”

“Why would it be?”

“We left before the ceremony ended after all.”

“Don't worry Mr. Reverren. It won't give you any trouble. If it does anyway, it will be my responsibility. I'm the one who asked you and the others to help after all.”

“Oh I see. Well then thank you po ma'am.”

I turned around and walk towards the door.

“Is that why you came here Mr. Reverren?”

“Not really po ma'am. I just remembered it. I came here with the pure intention to clean your room.”

“Thank you..”

Fufufufufu.”

“.............”

“You're welcome po ma'am.”

I left her office...

“Look Eli-chan, wasn't this the chocolate candy I tasted in your mouth yesterday?”

I am showing Eli-chan a wrapper of a candy I picked up from the ground.

She blushes perhaps remembering what happened yesterday. But then she looks at me with anger.

Fufufu. You were so cute back then. Why don't we try it again?”

She turns her head away refusing to look at me any further.

“Don't you also like this kind of sweets, Eli-chan?”

I block her path. She stops walking.

“.............”

She didn't answer my question but turns to the other side. She has been walking side-by-side with me in silence since earlier.

We're walking on our way towards the tricycle station. It will bore me to death if she keep ignoring me.

“Hey stop ignoring me.”

“.............”

“Eli-chan, are you still mad at me?”

“.............”

Figures.

“I wasn't really lying. Why don't you just believe me?”

“Are you done?”

She asked me trying to act calm but she is biting her lower lip betraying her inner frustration.

I actually thought she'll snap again and shout at me.... but she didn't.

“If I'm done, should I stop speaking?”

“You must.”

“Why must I?”

“....can you just shut up? I know you're just making excuses for what you did.”

“You're obstinate about this. I am really wondering why. Have you found someone else?”

“—!! Shut up! You know nothing.”

“Hence you should just give in and tell me why. Communication is import—”

“I said shut up!”

“............”

“You don't really care anyway. So why are you trying so hard.”

He lips flowed with thin blood.

“............Well I still need you, right?”

A red droplet fell from her lips to the ground.

“............”

She is not replying this time. Her eyes are wet but she doesn't cry.

I resume walking forward...

“I know I hurt you by breaking my promise. And although you're not willing to make up with me, please remember that you're still my girlfriend Eli-chan. That's our deal.”

“I......I....Know... that...”

She spoke softly but I heard it.

I'll just let her listen to the recording tomorrow. She most likely will not listen to it today given her emotional state.

15