Chapter 011: Can’t Be Solved Simply By Talking [Part 3]
245 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thoughts Going Wild


Several minutes later, we dismounted from the jeepney and are now walking towards the plaza.

Plaza Rizal is a monument-cum-park which is built to honor our national hero, ‘Dr. Jose Rizal’. This place is known for hosting public debates, and family gathering.

It's a tourist attraction. There are many stalls that can be seen selling street foods and fruits to the visitors. It's a tough competition out there.

“Eli-chan wait for me!”

“Go with that nurse. Leave me alone…”

“I know I made you jealous but I was just being friendly…”

Being friendly with other girls before wasn't really a problem for her but now…

“I am not jealous so I don't care. Go date that woman instead of bothering me!”

“You're the one I wanted…”

“Heh. You're just saying that now— You DON'T really feel that way right?” She sounds irritated.

“It was a mistake in my part…”

I thought telling her I needed her would keep her to stay with me because it's a “logical reason...” but... It's a mistake… I should just have told her I want her.

“Am I part of that mistake?”

“Then I wouldn't be putting so much effort to get you back now won't I?”

“Tch. You say that yet you're already looking for my replacement.”

“When did I—”

‘Are you Maria Clara?’ You're making me cringe!” She is copying the way I talked to Lucy but I WASN'T that flirtatious. And the way she immitated me is kinda.. embarrassing to look at. Was I like that? You're making me self-conscious Eli-chan.

“I wasn't flirting with her.”

“Say that to a monkey!”

“Alright.”

“?—”

“I wasn't flirting with her alright?” I say while grabbing the monkey's face.

“Where did that even came from?!” Fufu. She's mad.

“I don't know but you have to believe me,” I let the monkey go, and it runs away pretty quickly.

“Boy why did you have to let him go?! That was from our zoo… Aaaaaaaagh!! WE'RE DAMNED!!” Two man are chasing after the monkey with panicked faces.

”…I don't believe you…”

“Eli-chan?” She said something under her breath.

“I am asking if there's any progress. Did you succeed in inviting her?”

“I haven't even invited her yet.”

“Why?”

“I told you, I'll lay down the foundation first. It takes time you know.”

“Heh. Are you just maybe stalling for time?” She lets out a sceptical snort. And my answer is yes.

“I have to befriend her first. It's not something that I can easily do.”

“Well hurry up.”

So eager...

“Oh hell. I can't do that.”

“You are really delaying this on purpose aren't you?”

Well, yes I am.

“Really? Then why would I do that? Tell me why Eli-chan.”

I.. I don't know,” she is flustered seemingly trying to find an answer.

“Right. Anyway, I can't rush this. Especially because ma'am Iris seems to be on guard. She isn't your average woman you know. She is icy.”

“..........” She is no longer responding. She's fed up. What do I do? Maybe...

“Eli-chan, I'm really sorry for breaking my promise.”

“I won't listen to you. Why are you even desperate to get me back? Because you ‘need’ me right?”

Well right. I guess an apology now is too late. But... she has a point. Why am I so desperate? Can't I just let her go? There are so many fishes in the sea. Does that mean that I wanted to be with Eli-chan? Or do I just really need her? Or am I just bored?

Although I brought her on a date to show her I do want her, I don't really know it myself.

Is she a ‘need’ or a ‘want’?

Eli-chan is a reliable companion and all. She is a skillful and dependable person. It's obviously detrimental to lose a valuable asset like her.

I'd like to keep her if possible.

“Perhaps. But walk with me or I'll drag you by hand fufufu.”

Eli-chan wanted to distance herself from me. And so she's walking behind me at least a meter away.

“You can't touch me!”

“Then walk beside me.”

“Fine.” She obeyed. However, she's pouting her lips. Although it's not that obvious. From afar, she will still look like an expressionless robot.

“Eli-chan, you look cute.”

“! W-what?”

Oh!

There's somebody selling cotton candy on the other side of the street. Nobody is currently buying from him so we don't need to queue. Great!

“Don't you like cotton candy?”

Eli-chan loves sweets. So I know she does.

“.....….”

“Hey Eli-chan. What are you being in daze for?”

She's standing motionlessly with a shocked expression, albeit slightly. What the hell.

“Uh... No. You're just lying again...,” she is shaking her head like as if she's shaking off something out of her mind.

What are you talking about?

“I am not lying. Look oh, there's a cotton candy cart at that side.”

“!” She is looking around.

She's suddenly being strange.

“Oh hell. It's in our 10 o'clock.”

“Oh. What's in there?”

Are you even listening to me?

“...............”

“Fuu.. I asked if you like cotton candy.”

“No. I don't like it.”

And now you're the one lying.

“Well you do. I know you like sweets.”

“I don't want it.”

“Is that so? Well then let's buy some.”

“Did you even hear what I said?”

How dare you say that. Who hasn't been listening to me all this time?

I didn't answer her. I tuen around and run towards the other side of the highway.

“Kuya, how much po for one cotton candy?”

“10 pesos.”

He is wearing a casual clothes looking rather sloppily. But with that sharp eyes of his, he looks like he's unfriendly.

However, I feel no hostility. So I presume that's just how he looks.

“I want two of it po.”

“Alright. That would be twenty pesos. Do you want the freshly made one?”

“Much better. Thank you po.”

“Alright wait a moment.”

Eh.

Where's Eli-chan?

Ah. She's still at the other side.

What are you being frozen for?

“Eli-chan, hey!”

“!”

“What are you standing there for? Come over here!” She is being adorably stupid.

Eli-chan took time to process what I just said before running towards me—

“Wait! There's a car.”

She got hit by it and she rolls on the ground. Her legs is bending the wrong way. Then she crashes her head onto the concrete road.

Afterwards, Eli-chan is motionless.

The driver didn't stop driving but he drives away enraging the passers-by.

16