Chapter 012: Play A Game With Me [Part 2]
218 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I Can Finally Touch Her Again!


『Round 2— Fight!』

Eli-chan is once again mindlessly charging towards me. Leaping forward, she activates her skill and a rain of daggers pours down from the sky to the ground where I was just a moment ago.

I wait for her skill to end then when she is slowly falling back to the ground, I used my Sword Thrust skill. It's a critical hit. That reduces her life by 20% or 25%.

A chance...

I use my ‘Spin Attack’ skill or whatever and my character begins with his spinning slash attack. Eli-chan jumps vertically to avoid my attack. She then uses her skill— I'll call it ‘rain dagger’ to the still spinning me. It reduces my life bar to 75%.

“Eli-chan, is this your first time playing this kind of game?”

“Yes.”

“I see. Want to have a contest?”

“What?”

“Let's fight.”

“But I'm a beginner. And you already won once.”

“We can restart from round 1 again. Well, do you want to play a game with me?”

“.........”

“.........”

She's silent for several seconds seemingly contemplating. Well, what do you want?

“If I win— You're no longer allowed to go on a date with me.”

Ohh, such a high stake.

“This doesn't include going home from school, right?”

If that will be the case, I won't be able to interact with her at all.

“No. What we're currently doing, having fun— that's not what will be allowed.”

“Ohh. I see.”

So you're enjoying this. Then that's great.

“Do you agree with it?”

“Yes.”

“Alright.”

“But if I win, you'll take back the ‘You can't touch me Mark!’ terms of yours.”

“No!”

She sounds shocked by that and is obviously against it.

“What? Why?”

Yes. Why don't you want me to touch you? Oh hell, is it because of what I did to her in the rooftop last time?

“Just no!”

“Come on, your prize for winning is a grave loss for me, you know.”

“Liar. Then just win.”

I'm not lying.

“Then just win as well. If you don't agree, I won't have a contest with you.”

“Fine… If you win, you can touch me all you want, only for today.”

Uwaah— Her speaking of this ‘touch’ sounds kind of erotic for some reason.

“Nope. One month.”

“One week and that's it!”

“Then if you win, I can only date you once a week.”

“But you already agreed earlier—”

“We are still in the negotiation phase, Eli-chan.”

“Liar….”

Fufufufufufu.

“Do we have a deal?”

“Not yet. You can only date me once a month. How about that?”

She's really eager to reduce the time of our interaction.

“Oh hell… Bloody hell. Alright. That's fine by me. I just need to win right?”

“En…"

“If you win: I can only date you once a month. If I win, on the other hand: I am free to touch you however I want for a week.”

There's a grumble coming from her side. I can't make out the words because of the noise.

“It will start next week's Monday. On the premise that you win.”

No worries. I will win.

“Then let's start from round one.”

“Don't bother.”

Ohhh

“Alright.”

Eli-chan charges towards me again.

Did she not learn?

Of course not.

Eli-chan is a beginner, but I think she already understands the ins and outs of this game.

I sprint towards her as well. Then I use my ‘Sword Thrust’ skill on her.

But she disappeared, so I hit nothing but air. Eli-chan seems to have teleported behind me.

Well, that's an interesting skill. I don't have something like that in my skill set.

She slashes at my vulnerable back. And suddenly, she cloned or rather she's teleporting too quickly that it leaves multiple after images.

All the clones attack me. It's a combo and also a critical hit. My life drops from 70% to 20%.

Oh hell. That was pretty strong.

I press the button combination to activate my ‘Glory’ skill because Eli-chan wants to attack me again. If I'm not mistaken, she intends to use that teleporting skill once more.

But it looks like it could only be activated in the condition of hitting an opponent from behind.

Glory skill makes my character jump very high, accumulating a lot of potential energy to dive onto the enemy at full speed.

Eli-chan's life is reduced to 60%.

But that skill immobilizes me and Eli-chan for several seconds. However, that's what I planned— I am buying time.

My energy bar is almost fully recharged. And the time I bought was enough to refill it completely so that I could activate my special skill against her.

Alright! I immediately press the button combination and the skill activates.

My character kneels holding the sword in front of him and Eli-chan— who tried attacking me, got knocked back.

It looks like my character is praying.

I check the name of the skill and apparently, it's called the ‘Swords' Vengeance’. It could be activated in the premise that the character has a life no more than 25%.

The skill summons hundreds of swords and those swords slash at the opponent. At the same time, my character will stance itself from kneeling, seemingly gathering energy into his sword.

Oh.

And then my character thrusts his sword at Eli-chan. It looks like the ‘Sword Thrust’ skill. But faster and fancier. There's a blinding light.

After the light, my and Eli-chan's characters are seen.

She is lying on the ground while I perform a sign of a cross using my sword.

However, Eli-chan is still alive. Her life is at 5% or 10%. But her energy bar is full, so yeah, it's dangerous.

Time to kill her.

I sprint towards her and use my ‘Sword Thrust’ skill.

Oh hell. I hit nothing.

She teleported and while I'm wondering where she will come out, she teleported behind me.

But this time, she's clinging around me— No, she's choking me?

Uwaah— she's sucking my neck. Eli-chan! If you want to suck something, I have a package for you... My life bar is going down really fast though. But her own life is recovering. However, her energy level is decreasing, and it looks like it's being transferred to me.

Okay. She's a vampire.

This is an incredible skill.

Although... Oh hell, very well. I lost.

『K.O!!』

Eli-chan wins.

“We're even. Let's see whether you get what you want or I will.”

“En.”

『Final Round— Fight!』

We are charging towards one another. Our energy and life are 100%. Yet, both of us attack and defend with the basics; No skills. No combos. Just the basics.

I slash and dodge. She dodges and she slashes. I punch and block. She blocks and she punches. Every so often we duck and jump.

Both of our lives dropped to 70-80%.

Well, time for the real fight, I guess.

I use my Sword Thrust on her. Eli-chan cannot block or evade it. I press the button combination for my Spin Attack immediately. Eli-chan is hopelessly getting slashed.

Her life dropped to 30-35%.

I no longer had enough energy to use any skill but Sword Thrust, so I ran to the very back and waited for her to make a move.

Eli-chan sprints towards me. And then she jumps diagonally towards me. Oh. I know what she's about to do. So, I immediately use my Sword Thrust skill to escape.

Now I have no more energy for any skills.

Eli-chan didn't use her Rain Dagger as I presumed, but sprints towards me right after she landed on the ground.

I press and hold the block button.

However, Eli-chan didn't attack but teleported behind me.

Oh hell.

She slashes me. And her skill activates.

It's the same teleport-and-slash skill she did in the previous round. And as expected, it's a critical attack with a combo bonus so my life is no more than 20%.

Eli-chan didn't attack again but runs to the other side. She's waiting to recover her energy which is in 50%.

I sprint towards her and use basic attacks. We hit one another, depleting each other's life but increasing each other's energy.

My life drops to 10% or perhaps less. Eli-chan on the other hand, still has 15-20%.

Oh. Both of us now have full energy.

I and Eli-chan activated a skill almost at the same time.

My and her energy is being slowly depleted.

My character kneeled and prayed. Eli-chan is clinging behind me. She's sucking my neck. Her life is recovering.

My life is fluctuating because of her.

The skill I used is called ‘God's Blessing’. It converts energy to life.

I have full energy when I use this so my life should have recovered to 100%, but Eli-chan is sucking the life out of me so she's the one recovering her health. But her energy is being transferred to me, and combined with the energy benefit of being attacked, my energy level is fluctuating as well as my life level.

My energy plus the one she is giving me in exchange for my life allows me to recover my health through my skill. But so is she.

It might look like I'm the one at a disadvantage. But heh... I don't think so.

Her skill ends after she recovered to 100% life. Her energy is at 15% or so. My energy bar is at 15-20%. However my life is also completely recovered.

My calculations are right.

There's only a small difference between our energy bars but I still benefitted in the end, albeit very slightly.

We sprint towards each other and fight with basic movements.

After a minute of battle, Eli-chan immediately makes her move. She teleported behind me and slashes my back.

Her quick teleportation leaves multiple afterimages, which all attack me.

She's using that skill again. And it's another critical attack.

My life drops to less than 50%. But my energy is now full.

Eli-chan rushes towards me despite having zero energy. But she confronted nobody. Because I already activated my Glory skill the moment she teleported. So, I'm now up high in the sky.

Eli-chan tries to run away, but she's slower than I.

I dive onto the ground and it causes an explosion.

It's a critical hit.

Her life drops to less than a half as well.

We're stunned, and it will last for several seconds. Nevertheless that seconds are enough for me to have sufficient energy to activate my special skill.

With the energy benefit from the damage she had from my Glory skill, Eli-chan is almost at 40%.

So, she'll have enough energy to use her vampiric skill later to kill me.

After being stunned for numerous seconds, I immediately press the button combination to use my special skill. I know Eli-chan did the same as well.

But I'm faster.

So...

My character prays while kneeling and holding his sword in front of him. Hundreds of swords have been summoned. Then they slash at Eli-chan.

My character gathers energy into his sword. Then thrusts it to Eli-chan.

The screen turns completely white. Then, after the light disappeared, Eli-chan lies on the ground.

『K.O!!』

She's dead.

“Fufufufu.. I won Eli-chan. I won.”

I lean to the side to peek at her. It isn't that obvious, but her eyes are sharp, and her lips are pouting. I can tell she's gritting her teeth.

“I know,” she looks frustrated.

“Right. I can finally touch you next week.”

“Only for that week— 7 days to be exact!”

She bites her lower lips.

“I know I know fufufu. I now have something to look forward to. Let's go to a KTV next time. Alone together,” I show her a smug expression

“.......” She glares at me in response.

“Well that aside, let's play another game. Our date isn't done yet, you know.”

“I don't have coins anymore,” she's back to her robotic face.

“Likewise. So wait for me here.”

“En,” she nods lightly at me.

I walk towards the counter.

Fufufufufu,” I can't help but giggle with glee.

Well, well, my plan succeeded. And next week, I'll be able to touch her.

14