Chapter 014: Why? [Part 1]
172 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why Are You All So Angry?


「July 19, 2021 | Monday」

「06:31」

So why am I waiting near the main gate of the school instead of having a leisure moment at our classroom while waiting for the flag ceremony to start?

Ma'am Iris and I had a misunderstanding last time.

She helped me buy stuff from the market last saturday as a compensation for my help from taking her bag back from the snatcher.

Although she was being cold last time seemingly trying to stay away from me eager to leave, I thought we're doing well somehow.

But I didn't expect that she will suddenly get mad. I still don't know why.

I have some ideas but I still don't understand why would she get angry because of that.

It's more likely because of what that kid said. He said: Don't you feel ashamed doing that to your beautiful girlfriend?

However, it's unclear as to why would she get so mad about it like that?

Am I really that terrible as a boyfriend?

But honestly, this situation seems familiar.

Yes I'm talking about Eli-chan.

Me lying to her is something so simple yet she reacted so badly about it.

And now she's distancing herself from me as well.

Speaking of Eli-chan, she's currently watching me right now.

She's trying to hide her presence but I've been with her for a long time so I'm kind of sensitive with her already.

Besides, she doesn't seem like she's dead set on sneaking on me.

I wave my hand at the fourth floor of the building several meters away behind me.

Eli-chan is acting like she didn't see me when she just turned around and leave.

Now she's gone. She used the crowd as a camouflage.

Anyway, my current situation with ma'am Iris is giving me the same vibe I felt with Eli-chan.

The seemingly trivial thing for me is actually a big deal for the two of them.

This is instinctual so perhaps I'm wrong— but actually, my instincts never had been wrong. It had saved my life a countless of times already. So I have a full trust on it.

In any case, what I learned from Eli-chan is that she uses the trivial thing I did which is ‘lying’ as an excuse to stay away from me.

She refuses to accept my reasonings and explanations because she needs to keep her excuse.

If Eli-chan doesn't want to stay away from me, she would have forgiven me long ago. She might even convince herself that she was the one in the wrong and she just misunderstood me or something akin to that.

But she didn't. Because she wants to distance herself from me.

The true reason why she wants to do that is still behind the veil. Regardless, she wants to stay away from me which is something I won't allow just like that.

That's why I tried to forcibly convince her. And even tried to change her personality and mindset.

I was being a fool that time so yeah, I just made things worse which just strengthened the power of her excuse.

Trusting my instincts, I think the reason why ma'am is mad isn't because she's truly mad because of that thing.

It could also be possible that she just got angry because of the misunderstanding but it shouldn't last for long.

But if she's just using that as an excuse, then she'll keep that anger going on.

Why would she do that though?

Oh. I see.

Perhaps it's related to that. She was already acting strange when I met her last saturday prior to the misunderstanding.

She seems like she's avoiding me. Perhaps the true reason is that ma'am Iris doesn't want to have intimate relationship with me.

I don't know her reason but I think I'm on the right track.

However, wasn't she excited when I wanted to be friends with her?

I noticed those subtle signs on her face and body that time. Besides my intuition told me so as well.

So I don't think she's against about the idea of friendship between the two of us.

So why does she still wanted to distance herself from me?

Ahh~

Right.

It could be that as well.

I remember that when I asked her if she lives alone, she seems alarmed. Does she think I'm planning something?

Does she distrust me?

That's understandable. However, she's acting way too cautiously.

Does she have trust issues?

Perhaps.

Oh hell how troublesome.

But all of these are still just an speculations. I still need to make sure which idea I had is in line with reality.

The best way is to directly ask her about it.

For now though, I need to apologize first. Although it's pointless. I mean, if she's really using her anger as an excuse, well, my apology won't be accepted no matter what.

Besides, I still don't know which one is she angry about: The thing about being my girlfriend or the thing about me ‘thinking’ that she's a cold person.

If it's the latter, it will prove to me that she's insecure about this stuff.

I mean, she shouted to me once when I asked if she's actually a cold person.

That's why I also know that ma'am isn't cold in the inside.

Why does she acts coldly then?

Ma'am actually has her own interesting mysteries huh. Fufufufu. I'm getting curious.

Oh.

Speak of the devil.

She's here.

When ma'am unmounted from the tricycle, several dozens pair of eyes turned to her immediately.

She's wearing her usual pink blouse and brown pants teaching uniform. This outfit is kind of tight especially for her but it accentuates her figure.

She also have a black backpack on her back which emphasizes her chest.

Even under the gazes of men and boys, she looks undisturbed maintaining her expressionless face.

The two guards greeting ma'am received nothing but a slight nod. And the student are completely ignored.

However, they seem like they're use to it. Some are even having a silly smile on their faces.

But that aside, it's time for me to act.

I run towards her side.

“Good morning po ma'am.”

*Swoosh~*

She merely passes by me.

But that action brought her scent to me. Fragrance of shampoo, body soap, lotion, light perfume, face powder and her very own body scent assaulted my nasal.

Don't underestimate my senses and familiarity with girl stuff, I managed to figure out all of the brands she uses on her self by the smell she gave me alone.

I step in front of ma'am to stop her.

*Swoosh~*

But she just walked around me.

“Ahh ma'am, let me help you.”

I grab her bag from behind and ma'am stops walking.

She's glaring at me though.

And not just hers, there are countless murderous gazes directed to me from all directions.

I know. I know. This is disrespectful but well, ma'am Iris will keep evading me otherwise.

Hmm.

Ma'am stopped glaring at me but she's trying to pull her bag from me.

I won't let go... Yes even if you look like you'll stab me in any second.

The glares from the crowd intensified as well.

Why are you all so angry?

“Ma'am, do you really want to continue this small tug-of-war? We look like a couple flirting with each other, you know.”

“........”

I saw her eyes widen very slightly but it immediately went sharp.

I'm here to apologize but why am I angering her more?

Fufufufu. This is fun.

Ma'am Iris let her bag loose from her shoulder allowing me to carry it. It's not that heavy and there's her fragrance on it.

Ma'am didn't look back but walks straight towards the faculty building.

I follow behind her with a giggle.

6