Chapter 014: Why? [Part 3]
188 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why Do You Want To Distance Yourself From Me?


I've been walking with Ma'am Iris since earlier, but she never glanced at me once. Nevermind talking with me.

On the way, I noticed that all the people we met greeted Ma'am Iris from a distance. They seemed scared to get close to her but also afraid to be disrespectful, especially the students.

Fuu~

I wonder what she feels about this.

Oh.

I don't think I'm seeing things, but I think Ma'am just slowed down when we entered the faculty building. She seems anxious about something. What does she want to do bringing me here?

*Click!*

“Mr. Reverren. Please follow me inside.”

I nod at her, but she will not see it because she already turned around before I could even react. I close the door gently after coming inside, then stand by at the side, waiting for Ma'am Iris' next instruction.

She sits on her chair just staring at me without blinking.

Well, this is starting to make me feel nervous.

“Ma'am.”

“!!”

“Why did you call me here?”

“.........”

It's too subtle, but I noticed it. She opened her mouth way too slightly before immediately shutting it close. It looks like she wants to say something but hesitated.

“Ma'am, if this is about what happened last Saturday, I really apologize. You know that I am an easygoing mischievous person.”

“No, I didn't call you because of that.”

“??”

I raise my left brow, casting a questioning gaze at her.

“Well....”

What?

“Help me carry these to the classroom.”

Eh?

She's pointing at the stack of paper on the table.

What?

That can't be the reason why you've been acting strangely after asking me to come here in your office.

“Alright, Ma'am.”

Oh hell, forget it. If she doesn't want to speak, what can I do about it?

“May I go first, Ma'am?”

“Mm.”

She just nods at me before rummaging through her stuff.

Before I can close the door of her office after coming out of the room, I heard her speak her next instruction.

“Tell your classmates to start answering those pre-tests.”

“Alright, Ma'am,” I answer while looking at the closed door.

“Good morning, class.”

“!!”

My classmates immediately stood up, looking rather panicked.

“““Good morning, Ma'am—”””

“Damn. It's Reverren.”

“What the heck are you doing?”

“I almost dropped my phone.”

“Darn. I thought Ma'am Iris is here.”

At first, they were surprised, but eventually, they became annoyed. Some just laughed, and some just sighed in relief.

Fufufufu. This is pretty funny.

“What? Are you guys guilty about something?” putting the stack of paper on top of the teacher's table, I ask my classmates a sarcastic question.

“What's that?” A classmate sitting in the front row asked while pointing at the papers using her lips.

“Pre-test for mathematics. Ma'am said to start answering. She will be here shortly.”

“..........”

Silence.

Then they start running around, going back to their seats and arranging the chairs properly.

“Damn it. You should have said so from the start!”

Why should I?

“Crap. I'm just about to play another round.”

Too bad.

“Oh shit... Monday group! The floor is so dusty! Ma'am will scold all of us!”

Ah yes. They're all panicking. I really like this sight.

I put several papers directly proportional to the number of students sitting per column on the armrest of the person in the very front. They're the ones responsible to pass it to those behind them.

There are several absentees. Martini is absent again.

Right. I saw him last time doing a ‘fuck you’ sign at the closed door of Ma'am Iris. He was probably scolded and got his papers rejected. I saw him throw it into the trash bin after all.

It didn't go in though. Which angered him a lot.

Fufufufu.

I am looking around the room, observing when my eyes fell onto a golden-haired woman.

Rose is looking at me with a really furious look. She's blushing in anger. Quite cute though. I can't hear it, but with the way she moved and with the way she is, she probably went 'humph' on me.

I wonder how many times I've already died in her head.

Mary is busily chatting with her friends. As always, they look happy. Even though knowing Ma'am could be here anytime soon, they still continue gossiping among themselves.

Mae-chan is scrolling on her phone. I think she's either reading an ebook or chatting with Al.

Judging by her vibe, the date yesterday probably went well.

I'll ask her about it later.

Jeremy stands up from his seat. And roughly took the papers away from the person in front of him.

That guy looks annoyed but didn't say anything.

He just continued talking with his seatmate.

And Eli-chan. She didn't glance at me even when I went in.

Knowing her, she should have noticed my presence long before I even went inside.

She's chatting with several girls, but her expressionless face contrasts with the happy faces of the girls.

She isn't like this before we got into a fight. However, I remember that I can touch her all I want this week. She lost the bet.

I think I'll invite her home. Mom wants to meet her as well anyway. And she did said that she wanted her to come to our house last time.

This should be the right time to invite her. I'll try to ask her why she wants to leave.

What is it that she truly desires?

I won't try to stop her without knowing why, neither will I force her nor convince her like I did last week. It just made things worse after all.

I'll set that aside for now. Ma'am Iris is here.

“Good morning.”

“““Good morning, Ma'am Iris~”””

My classmates are long prepared, so they don't look panicked. But still stiff and are avoiding eye contact.

“Kindly go back to your seat, Mr. Reverren,” she didn't look at me when she said so.

Whatever.

I walk towards my seat, then greet my seatmates.

“We'll start checking after 5 minutes.”

Too short. But it's just a pre-test.

“Number one B... Number two A.. then B again then A again— pfft. ‘Baba’...” My female seatmate is enjoying herself messing around with her test sheet. She's not answering seriously. In fact, she's just randomly choosing the answers that will look funny if read as a whole.

“Here, Reverren. I'm done. I'm just gonna sleep.”

This is just a pre-test so it won't be recorded, but...

“Ma'am Iris will evaluate us with our results, you know.”

“Eh? What are you talking about, Reverren?”

“Didn't you notice it? Ma'am tends to call those students with low scores in pre-tests to answer in the front?”

I put her paper beneath mine, holding onto it tightly.

“What...?”

She looks surprised.

“Yes. Just wait for your results, and you'll see my observation is right.”

“!!”

Fufufu.

“Crap. Give it back and let me copy yours,” she's trying to lower her voice, afraid to be heard by Ma'am.

“Oh hell. Don't be like that. Cheating is bad.”

“Wh— Don't be like this.. hey!”

She's trying to get her pre-test back, but how can she take it from me.

But I'm sure Ma'am long noticed us but for some reason, she's not even looking at me. She looks lost.

Just what's going on with her.

“You want it back?”

“Of course.”

“Fufufu. You need to pay for it.”

“Wha— Damn it, Reverren...!”

“Two more minutes.”

Ugh... What do you want?”

I pass a piece of paper to her.

“What's this?” she opens it slowly with an annoyed face. She then looks at me with a smug face.

“Did you two get into a fight?”

“Kind of. So what's your answer?”

“Tsk tsk. You can't capture her heart like this, Reverren. She's a popular goddess in our school. Angering her will just lower your chances of winning.”

“One more minute.”

“Damn. Deal! I'll invite her to the canteen later, so hurry up and let me copy your answers.”

“Alright,” I give her our answer sheets.

You can't run away this time. I'll make sure to find out why do you want to distance yourself from me?

6