Chapter 021: Bad Impression [Part 2]
90 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Annoying


After sending Binary to school, I rode a jeepney towards the hospital I'm working at.

“Please leave him to me Mr. Caushalt.” Checking Mr. Caushalt's son's vitals is the first thing I have to do in the morning.

“A-Alright. I need to go to work now. Please take care of my son, nurse Lucy.”

Why does he looks so anxious? But if I'm the one in his shoes I will also feel the same way.

If that's nanay Maria or Binary on the bed, I'll probably breakdown and cry all the time.

“I will.”

I can only smile at him to reassure his worried heart.

He left so I walk into the room. This is a private ward.

“Good morning Mr. Marc.”

“Ohhh. Lucy! Looking sexy today as well aren't you?”

His gaze makes me feel uncomfortable. How dirty. But I need to be considerate. It's probably his way of comforting himself down.

“How do you feel?”

“Why don't you check?”

“I will.”

“No, use the back of your hand to check my temperature.”

What is he planning this time?

“Do you have a fever?”

“That's why you will check right?”

He doesn't look like he have one. But...

“Yes sir.”

With a stiff smile, I caress his forehead. Warm but it's not hot. It's just the right feeling.

“You seem fine but I'll use a thermo—!!”

“Mwah~!”

He kissed my hand. Arrgh.. His saliva is so thick. How disgusting.

“Hahahahaha. Sorry sorry. Can't help it. It's fine right? You're my ‘personal’ nurse anyway.”

Gross. Doesn't he know how to respect someone? Why would he suddenly do that?

And his way of speaking.... He can really make anything so perverted and disgusting.

Just because he's my patient... He is so disrespectful to me.

So spoiled. I thought him being so flirtatious was his way of coping so I let him be. He hadn't been physical until now at least.

I'm mistaken. It looks like he's just really a pervert. Even though he's already paralyzed below neck, he can still act so lecherously.

“...........”

But I can't say that. I can only smile forcibly.

I better finished this as soon as possible. I don't feel like staying here any further...

Hours had passed quickly and it's now time to leave. I've finished administering medication to that boy. His father is also with him by now.

He really cares a lot about his son. Even now, he still looks so worried. Like as if it's his own life that is in danger.

「21:13」

Ohh. It's already nine o'clock in the evening. Binary must be sleeping already. Nanay Maria, though... I'm sure she's still awake waiting for me. I should get going.

“You're in a rush. But wanna grab a bite with me? It's my treat.”

He's here again. Another bother.

“No sir Doccia. I'd like to decline. I need to go home soon. My grandmother is waiting for me.”

“At least for tonight pleeease~ I'll treat you with an expensive meal. How about that?”

“No sir.”

I start walking away. I need to get a ride. A tricycle should do. I have to save money after all.

“You're rejecting me again... Just this once  Lucy.”

He's really persistent. He has been wanting to go out with me since the day I met him.

Everyday, periodically, he comes by in the  pretext of visiting his employee's son. I never even saw him having a conversation with Mr. Marc.

He's very obvious. He's annoying. Do mall managers have so much free time in their hands that Mr. Doccia can bother with a small nurse like me?

I should tell him off right here right now.

“Sir, I need to go home. Please just—”

“Do you have a problem with me Lucy? Why don't you just tell me huh?”

With the way your acting, I'm certain you'll get mad if I tell you how annoying you are.

I don't want to get into a conflict with anyone. I rather shut up. And with your status, you can easily crush me. I can't afford that. My family depends on me.

“It's not like that sir. My grandmother is old and he's waiting for me.”

“Hmmm. Really?”

“Yes.”

“Alright.”

“Hahhhh~” I sigh in relief.

It's great that he can understand—

“Then follow me to my car. I bought a new one. I can send you home quickly with it.”

Oh god. He's so annoying!

“...........”

And he didn't even wait for my reply. He turned around and start walking away immediately.

Hmmmm. What should I do? I can't have him know where I live. It's hard enough with him always coming here, I'll snap if he start coming home.

I don't want him to bother Binary and nanay Maria as well. He seems fishy.

“!”

Great! A taxi.

“Wait!”

I called the driver and run towards the car immediately.

“Ah. Lucy? Where are you going?”

“Where to miss—?”

“Kuya please start driving. Loriel village!”

Uhh okay.”

He probably noticed I'm running away from Mr. Doccia that's why he moved fast and starts driving away hastily.

“Lucy!”

Finally away from him... He doesn't seem like he wants to chase after me. Good thing he still know his limits.

I have a feeling my forthcoming days will get harder and more exhausting. Lord please take care of me and my family. Amen.

I prayed then sigh...

「July 23, 2021 | Fri」

「07:11」

“Lucy, how's your patient?”

“He's paralyzed without possible recovery but he seems to be doing well.”

“I see. I know how troublesome that kid is according to the staffs and other nurses. It must be hard.”

“It's alright sir. The pay is good anyway.”

“En.  That's great. I called you today because there's another family asking for a private nurse.”

“Um.. Have you asked the other nurses, sir?”

“Yes. But your fellow PDN's declined saying how much you need it more than them. In fact, everyone in the nursing department agreed. You're a breadwinner right?”

Uhm.. Y-Yes..”m

They're.. they are really kind to me.

“So will you accept it? I hope you would. The one who requested this is a well-known doctor from Manila. His son got shot in the chest. He was just transferred out of ER yesterday night. His parents requested for a private nurse immediately. They'll pay you expensively. So I really hope you accept this.”

Oh. ‘Expensively’ huh. Don't tell me it's another spoiled kid? One is hard enough, nevermind two. And there's Mr. Doccia as well.

But...

I can still do it! For my family— For Binary and nanay Maria.

I was just wondering what else I should do to get another source of income. It's best to send nanay Maria for a check-up as soon as possible.

“Thank you po sir. I accept this duty.”

“Good. Let's finish the paperwork first then you can go to room 315. Your patient is recovering there.”

“Opo sir.”

After doing the paperwork, I go to room 315 immediately.

I have to administer his morning dose. And also to check up on his condition. Afterwards, I'll go to room 305 to check up on my other patient. He should be awake by now.

「Room 315」

「Mark G. Reverren」

‘Mark’ huh. And according to the department head, he should be from a rich family. I really hope he's not another spoiled rotten and rude boy like Mr. Marc.

“Lord please help me..” I mumble a quick prayer.

And then I push the door open.

*Creeeak~*

“!”

He is...

What a tiny world we live in... I didn't expect it to be him.

Black hair and pale skin— And that smile of his that doesn't go away even though he's unconscious. So it's the boy from the last time. He was pretty flirty back then too. Oh my god..

Haaahhhhh~ Another troublesome patient. Lord please really do help me!”

5