Chapter 021: Bad Impression [Part 3]
98 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, This Sucks


What an aesthetically pleasing nurse. She have her beautiful green hair tied into a pony tail. Her eyelashes are perfectly long which is making her look rather elegant. Combine that with her green eyes, she looks venomous.

Perhaps it's because she has a poker face. If she is smiling or giggling, pretty sure she's going to be cute.

Her face is oval and her cheeks are rather plump. She is thick but she isn't fat. She just looks squishy and soft.

She's slightly taller than ma'am Iris. What a sexy looking elegant lady. With her tight nurse attire, her plump body is also emphasized.

“Hello po miss.”

“Good morning sir. I am happy that you're awake. Please let me check your vitals.”

You're happy? Show it on your face then.

“Oh. Don't you remember me?”

“I do sir.”

“You're Lucy right? That pretty lady I met in the jeepney last time.”

“Yes. Your parents hired me to be your private nurse. Please raise your hand.”

I obey and let her check up on me.

“Do you remember my name po... uhh.. Lucy?”

“Mark G. Reverren, 17 years old. Received a gunshot wound into his right side and lost a lot of blood.”

Err.. Why so detailed?

“I see. But can you stop being so formal po? It's irking me out.”

“No. That won't be appropriate.”

“It's alright. I don't mind po.”

“I'm done. I'll bring you your breakfast.”

“Wait.”

She left without hesitation.

Another cold lady?

—40 minutes later.

“What's taking her so long?”

She said she'll get me my breakfast but she hasn't returned for almost forty minutes.

*Creak~*

The door opens but this presence isn't Lucy's.

“Hello po mom— ah. Why are you crying?”

Mom passes the tray of what I presume to be a soup to dad who looks scary as always.

“Baaaaaaaaby~!!”

She buries my face into her chest.

She smells nice but I am suffocating. I can't tell her off though because she's crying. And I'm the one at fault.

“I was soooo worried you knooow~! I thought you were going to die~ uwaaahh~!”

“Merlin, you're killing him. But I supposed that is for the best.”

Why dad?

“Mom, don't you have work po for today?”

She's still in her uniform.

Waaaaaahh~ don't caaaaare~ My baby died~!”

Unfortunately, I didn't die.

“Just appreciate it! She was in a meeting when the hospital called to inform us that you finally woke up. She urged me to drive here quickly! It's all your fault.”

“Don't be like that to him... I'm the one who called you.”

“It's because you're spoiling him too much. What if he causes problems again like when he did back in his elementary school?”

“...Hubby.. don't...”

“Mark, we let you enroll into a public highschool as you requested but you better not messed around this ti—”

“Shut up Herald.”

“!”

Mom made dad flinch with her glare.

Fufufufufu.

“Sorry po mom and dad. Camhi is pretty peaceful so you don't have to worry. I will not start a fight myself anyway.”

“You should be or—”

“Herald!”

“—!!—Ehem... Anyway, you're lucky you were shot by an unrifled gun so your rib managed to stop the bullet from penetrating your lung. Although you lost a lot of blood because of the slow ambulance response!”

He looks upset about the last part.

“I wiiiiiill fiiiind your shooter myself if I need to so doooon't worry baby~ Mommy will protect you..”

Agh. That's embarrassing especially because of the two police officers who have been waiting in the corner of the room all this time.

They sure move fast. I just woke up and they're already here.

“Please leave that to us Mrs. Reverren. That's our duty. We promise you that we will catch did this to your son.”

Ohh... Thank you.”

“You're welcome po ma'am. Would it be alright to interview you now, sir Mark?”

He's such a polite guy. He's short but he have a great build. A ripped mesomorph. And with his innocent happy expression, he looks reliable.

“Hmmmp. Are you a member of any gang?”

Oh. That was so sudden.

Black hair and golden eyes. She's giving the same vibe as Rose. But she's short. Her annoyed face is hilariously contrasting with his partner's.

And her question made mom and dad look at me curiously or suspiciously.

“No po.”

“Hey! Uh— sorry about that sir.”

He dragged her to the back and start whispering but I can read their lips.

“Kitten, don't be like that. Not every case is gang related.”

“I can feel this is related.”

“Agh.. No. We're not sure about that. Just leave this to me okay?”

“Hmmmp.”

She sounds like she have a personal problem with gang and stuff.

“Please forgive my partner...”

He is feeling awkward.

“It's fine po.”

And...

“Mom, please feed me later.”

Mom took my breakfast from dad just several seconds ago. And she's trying to feed me because of the opportunity the two police officers left out for open, albeit only for a few moment.

But that's still very disrespectful given that these officers are talking to me. And I feel slightly embarrassed with mom doing this.

“Aren't you... hungry?”

“Let me first talk to them po mom.”

“Merlin, let's leave him be for now. You have work to return to as well.”

“Can't you see he needs me?”

Err.. The police wants Mark to make a statement so that they can start tracking his shooter down. You want that right? So let's leave for now.”

Dad is close to begging mom.

“Hmm...”

“I'm alright po mom. You can go back now. I'll see you later.”

“Hmmmmm-mmp. You aaare both ganging up on meee~ Baaaad~!” She's pouting.

No wonder Crystal is very cute. She really takes up after mom. But that little sister of mine doesn't care about me at all— unlike mom who cares a lot about me which is honestly scary sometimes.

“It's not like that po mom. You also have things to take care of. I'm not gonna die here as well.”

“Fiiiiine! Take care okay~? MmmmMwah.”

Aggh.. A kiss on the forehead huh. Sweet but uwahh~ I'm really embarrassed now.

“Let's go Merlin.”

“Why are you on rush~? It is not like youuu are doing anything.”

“I AM doing something. Besides, you're bothering the police officers.”

Mom glanced at me for the last time before getting pulled away by dad.

“So sir Mark, can we begin?”

“Well, it may be late but please take a sit.”

“Hmmp. Spoiled brat.”

What? I am being polite though.

“Kitten.”

“Hmmp.”

Uwaah.. She dislikes me.

“Brats like him tend to get involve with shady stuff just because they think they are powerful. An illusion given by their parents— A power they do not own.”

“Officer Mania, I'm reminding you that we're professionals. Please mind your behavior.” He became scary looking all of sudden.

“Fine.”

The lady named ‘Kitten’ is ranked PAT but she is acting quite rudely with her partner who is a rank higher than her. Are they perhaps related? Or is she really just that obnoxious?

“Great. Leave this to me.”

He's back to his happy innocent face.

“Sorry about that sir. I am officer Sentien and she is officer Mania. I apologize for her rude behavior.”

“It's alright po.”

“How do you feel now sir Mark? Sorry for coming without notice. We were here to investigate the case of those several thugs that has been badly mutilated just yesterday. We decided to pay you a visit on our way back after we heard from your nurse you're awake.”

“...........”

“We need to get the side of your story so I'll ask you some questions that may help the investigation. But if you're not fine to do it today, we can come back after few days.”

“It's alright po sir. I wouldn't have convinced mom to leave otherwise.”

“Thank you.. hahaha.. Ehem, for starters, can you please tell me what happened that time?”

“Ohh.. I was with my homeroom adviser— Ma'am Iris when I noticed someone pointing a gun at her. I don't know, I just jumped to push her to the ground and then I got shot, passing out later on. How's my teacher by the way?”

“She's doing well. And in fact, we already got her statement. Do you have anyone in mind that may have any motivation to harm you?”

“No. I don't know anything. I may be wrong but I don't think I'm the one they're targeting.”

“I see. Have you seen the suspect?”

“No. It was so sudden so I don't have time for that.”

“I understand. So onto the next question...”

“Sure.”

Officer Sentien asked me few more questions. After five minutes— I guess? He stands up from the stool.

“Thank you for your cooperation sir Mark. Officer Mania will come back with an official statement for you to sign with at the later date. We'll make sure to find the person responsible to what happened to you. So please continue cooperating with our investigation.” He said those in one breath. Without stuttering as well.

I wave them goodbye after that.

When they left, my breakfast is already cold. I'll ask Lucy to heat it up for me.

“I'm coming in as you requested Mr. Reverren.”

Great timing.

“Please come in.”

Lucy with a sweat on her forehead comes inside.

I guess I'm not the only patient she's taking care of.

“Hello Lucy. Have you eaten bre—”

*Bam*

She took the tray and left immediately without even letting me finish.

Err... I got ignored huh.”

Well, this sucks.

5