Chapter 021: Bad Impression [Part 4]
117 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eli-chan And Ma’am Iris Are Really Quite Similar


It's a new morning and I am waiting for another visitor.

Yesterday afternoon, Mae-chan, and Al came to visit. It looks like the two is now doing well. Rose, Mary, Jeremy, and Lyn also visited me after finding out I woke up.

They said Eli-chan informed them about me. But for some reason, she didn't come with them. They said she said she was busy with something.

Oh hell.. she's obviously ignoring me. And because I'm hospitalized, I can't go to her and drag her with me. Besides, I can't touch her anymore.

How troublesome. Should I just give up on her? It's what she wants anyway.

Well whatever...

In any case, I already had my breakfast and I also had my fair share of being ignored by Lucy.

It really seems like she's also avoiding me on purpose. Agh, perhaps because of me pestering her about calling me by my name?

Is it that big of a deal for her?

Good thing the person visiting me this time is someone that will not ignore me. I mean, I saved her life.

My damage heart can heal with her. She's probably going to spoil me although I actually doubt that.

She's still a cold person after all. And we were on bad terms the last time we talked. Perhaps me saving her didn't made us any closer at all.

Well, I'm actually the one who put her in that danger but no one knows about that but only me, Eli-chan, and Rolfo.

*Knock!*Knock!*Knock!*

“Mister Reverren, are you awake?”

“Please come in, ma'am Iris.”

Uwahh~ She's beautiful.

I sure do like her appearance when she's in her teaching uniform. They're noble and elegant.

But ma'am Iris in an informal attire is far more enchanting.

She has her hair tied in a bun. I can see her porcelain neck clearly. Very slender but soft and smooth. Her neck looks really hot with those small beads of sweat and strands of hair sticking on her skin.

She looks completely different.

But something remains the same, her cold eyes and inexpressive face.

Because I'm sitting on my bed while she's standing, it seems like she's looking down on me.

Her vibe really makes it hard for others to get closer to her.

I wouldn't have done so too if not because of Eli-chan. It may just bring me unnecessary trouble after all. But I now see this is just a mask she wears.

“Hello there ma'am Iris. You look really beautiful. Are you going somewhere?”

“It's none of your business.” Uwaah what the hell? That's cold.

“Alright. But please take a sit.”

“That's unnecessary Mr. Reverren.”

I thought she'll be warmer to me because of that incident but... Why does she seems colder?

“Wanna eat some apples?”

“No.”

“Oranges?”

“..............”

Err... Banana—?”

“Why do you need to do that?”

“It's common etiquette to offer something to a guest if the host could—”

“Why did you foolishly allowed yourself to get shot for me?”

Why is she acting like this? I'm feeling weird. It feels like the first time I met her at the first day of school.

Unapproachable, distant, and probably hostile.

“Because you tried to act like a hero, what condition are you in right now, Mr. Reverren? Hospitalized and incapable to study. Don't you know you're letting your parents down? Do you know how worried they were when I saw them?”

“Why are you being like this ma'am?”

“What?”

“That was honestly cold and harsh.”

“I have always been like this. You're just perceiving things wrongly.”

“Well I wonder about that. I'm pretty sure I've seen a part of you.”

“Exactly mister Reverren. It's just a part of me you saw. So who do you think you are to act like you know me very well?”

Is it just me or she sounds defensive?

“If you didn't try to act all friendly with me; If you didn't try to guilt trip me to make me treat you to a dinner; If you didn't irritate me that time— I wouldn't have gone down the tricycle early and this wouldn't have happened to you.”

“..............”

“I was being foolish. To think I let my personal issues interfere with my duty as a teacher...  If I didn't, then this wouldn't have happened. Yet I was swayed by my own desire and brought my own student to harm's way.”

“It was of my own free will po ma'am Iris. Don't blame yourself. I decided to be your friend out of my own volition.”

“Yes. But I should have flat out rejected you by then. Even if I have to report you to the guidance office. I am just a teacher. There's no need to be close with my students.”

“I believe befriending a teacher isn't illegal—”

“So what? Just what are you trying to gain from me Mr. Reverren? I was blinded by my own excitement that I didn't question why you were suddenly very interactive to me— even trying to befriend me. You weren't like this before. You are very suspicious. Did you know that?”

Oh.

“So you were excited? Fufufufu.”

“!! — W-what—? No. That's not it. Don't—”

“Great. It's a relief you felt excited at least. I was being shameless and it was honestly embarrassing if you ask me.”

“..............”

“..............”

Fuu~ She went back to her default state rather quickly. I'd like to see that flustered expression on her cold face even if it's just a little longer.

“It's stupid so give it up. I have no interest to someone like you. If I really wanted a friend, why would I choose someone younger than me? You're still young and immature. It will not do me good to associate with someone like you.”

Heh.

“And you're very disrespectful to me Mr. Reverren. Please mind your attitude and how you conduct yourself in front of me. I am your teacher. Although we were not in the school that time, you're behavior was unacceptable. I will report y—”

“Fufufufu.  You're very talkative po today, aren't you ma'am Iris?

“!”

“If this was before, you would have just told me to piss off and leave without explanation.”

That's right. Compared to the first time I met her, she's rather talkative and expressive today.

“That's because you're very persistent that's why I need to make things clear... for... you....

“.....?”

She suddenly stopped talking.”

“Mister Reverren.” She has her head lowered while looking coldly at me.

“Kindly stop bothering me. You're just being a nuisance.”

She turned round and walks out of the room.

Really? You're not believable at all.

“You promised to treat me ma'am! You can't go back on your word.”

“..............”

I wonder if she heard that. She didn't respond to me at all.

In any case, ma'am seemed to have made up her mind. Although I can tell she doesn't really dislike the idea of us being friends, it looks like she has her own issue as to why she is against it.

It's probably not just because of professionalism and morality.

Or am I... perhaps the one in the wrong here?

Well, no point thinking about this now.

“Sadly, I am once again being ignored.”

Eli-chan and ma'am Iris are really the same.

Hmmmm....

“?”

*Click!*

Someone enters my room without knocking.

I don't know him at all.

This guy is pale, although I'm paler, so combine that with his tall height and skinny body, neat and clean attire, plus the condescending temperament he has, it seems like he's the type to not do the heavy work wherever he's working at but order his people around.

A manager perhaps? Something like that.

His clothes and accessories are expensive too. Pretty sure that rolex is imported. I don't know the price for it though.

Who is this guy?

“Hmmp. Are you Lucy's patient?”

What a condescending and arrogant way of speaking...

“I am.”

“Where is she?”

“How am I supposed to know that?”

“What's with your tone? And why are you smiling mockingly at me? Do you have a problem with me? Why don't you say it directly at me huh?”

“..............”

What in the actual hell is wrong with you?

“You're pissing me off.”

It should be me.

“Hmmp. Spoiled brat. Tell Lucy her ‘boyfriend’ came to visit.”

Bloody hell. No way in hell.

I don't believe you're the boyfriend of that lady. And tell her that yourself!

*BAM!*

He's the only visitor I had, albeit unwanted, who slammed my door.

Fufufufu. Sounds like this will be a fun recovery after all.

6