Chapter 021: Bad Impression [Part 5]
104 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If You Don’t Want It, Just Say So


“Lucy, are you taken?”

Lucy is looking weirdly at me right now.

“Please give up whatever you're planning Mr. Reverren. I don't have any interest to someone younger than me.” She said so with a hidden disgust betrayed by her eyes.

That sounds familiar. Ma'am Iris just told me something similar this morning.

“That's not it. It's just that your boyfriend came here earlier.”

“?!”

“A tall guy with brown hair.”

“...He's not my boyfriend...” Lucy looks annoyed.

Fufufu.

“Really? He looks fine though— being tall and all, albeit he looks average. But I assume he's rich as well.”

“I have no relationship with him sir.” She looks very displeased with a small bit of indignation.

Err... sure...”

It looks like that guy is a source of irritation and stress for her. What the hell is that guy doing?

“That aside, please stop being too formal to me.”

“Your vitals are pretty good. Please eat your lunch now. I'll bring you your medicines later.”

“Would you mind if I ask for you to feed m—?”

Uwahh... She didn't even bother to let me finish what I was saying..

Why does it look like she dislike me for some reason? Was it because of what I did the first time we met?

But if you don't want it, just say so. Flatly rejecting me is much better than ignoring me.

“Whatever. I am hungry—!”

Ohhh~ hell. I want to eat in peace.

“Where's Lucy?”

It's that annoying guy. What is he even doing here again? He literally just came by this morning. And it looks like he missed Lucy... The universe doesn't even want the two of you to meet.

“I don't know.”

“How come you don't?”

“..............”

He looks irritated. Is he perhaps obsessed with Lucy? Right, he even shamelessly proclaimed himself to be her boyfriend.

“Didn't I tell you to inform her I came to visit? Why can't you do something so easy?”

Who does he think I am to him?

Can I murder him? I want to eat— No. I don't wanna eat him! I just wanna kill him.

“Why are you so silent now? Why don't you just tell me what you think huh? So daring to act arrogantly just because your parents are rich.”

Alright then.

“Get out of my room.”

“What? I won't. If you have a problem, tell me directly.”

Hmm. Is he looking for a fight?

Ohhh.. I get it.

“You're venting on me.”

“I am not!”

“Judging by how you've been acting, is Lucy perhaps avoiding you?”

That's most likely why... Lucy probably saw you first when she got out of my room then she immediately ran away fufufufu.

“Why do you care?! That bitch...”

Oh. ‘That bitch,’ huh. I wonder if he's pursing her because he fancy her or because of something else...

“Anyway, I'm waiting here.”

Bloody hell! This is my room yet he is acting as he please.

“No.”

“Hmmp. That's not for you to decide.”

Uwahh... This is my private room.

“I don't think so. I'll call the security.”

“Tsk. Go ahead and try.” He's smirking.

Is he a director here or what?

Well, let's see.

“..............”

I start dialing.

“Wait and see how you'll make a fool out of yourself.”

“Sure.”

Oh, they picked up.

“Somebody is invading my room. Please bring me some security guards. Thank you. I'm in room 315.”

“Hahahaha. You are really...”

He looks confident. Moreover, he's really venting his frustrations on me judging by how he is looking forward to me ‘making a fool of myself’. Or is this how he really is?

But, why is he so desperate to get Lucy? Even though she obviously dislikes him.

“Do you know that Lucy hates you?”

“Hmm. What?”

“She disfavor you. I mean, she finds you an annoyance as I can see it. It seems like she doesn't want to be with you. I suggest you give up. You're wasting your time and effort don't you think?”

“So what? Are you saying I should give up on what I wanted and stop pursuing her just because she doesn't want me to? Hmmmp. You're very pathetic. I will always do what I want and I will make sure to get it.”

Ohh. That's a pretty impressive mindset.

“She can hate me all she wants. I don't care. It's none of my business.”

Then why are you even chasing her? Do you only want her superficially? Just her body perhaps. I quite agree that she's hot though. But I believe she will never offer herself to anyone.

Hmm. Footsteps. These are probably from the security officers I requested.

The door in my room has been left wide open because of this guy. So the two guards got inside immediately.

“Where's the intruder?”

Right in front of you— Hmm?

“Sir!”

They both look surprised. And their earlier imposing temperament disappeared.

The hell?

“Hmmp.” He just snorted at them.

“A-Are you perhaps the intruder?”

“So what?”

“Uh, do you know this patient here sir?”

“Absolutely not.”

“Then...”

“I'm simply waiting for Lucy. I have no business with this brat over here. You can leave now.”

“But—”

“Do you think that I will do something to him? What would I even gain from associating myself with the likes of him?”

“Well...”

He's awkwardly looking at me and that douchebag over there. He then signals his colleague to go to me. He obeyed and brisk walks towards me.

“Sir.” He is whispering but he's still loud.

“Yes?”

“Please don't worry about him. He have a bad attitude but he won't do anything to you. Besides, he's the manager of the Dahlia mall in our city. Can you please just let him stay here?”

Oh hell, is that your job? You're ought to ensure my safety but he is above that huh? You are obviously showing me that he's more important than I am when I am the patient here. That's gonna anger most of your patients here.

Well, I do understand their predicament.

“Hmmp. You heard him brat. Do you finally know who's your going against at? I am ‘Ian Doccia and I manage—”

Doccia’?

“Not interested in the slightest. I suggest you leave now sir ‘Douche’.”

“Who are you calling a ‘Douche’? It's ‘Doccia’ you stupid brat!”

I remember seeing Docciain the History and Etymology of ‘Douche’ from Merriam-Webster dictionary.

“Hm?”

Oh.. perfect timing fufufufu.

“!”

All eyes onto the open door. There you are my green haired nurse.

What... what is going on here?” She's surprised.

“Ohh my Lucy! I've been waiting for you.”

What the hell.. he suddenly became different a different person.

It's pretty obvious you're being insincere though. Compared to my little sister, you are obviously a fake.

“Good afternoon sir Doccia. Do you perhaps have any business with Mr. Reverren here?”

“I'm here for you.”

“I'm still on the clock. Please leave for now—”

“You say that but you've been avoiding me for the past few days. You ran away when I invited you to ride on my car. Do you hate it? I can afford to buy a new one.”

“N-No... It's not that sir.. It's just that I have to go home quickly that time.”

“My car was fast...”

“That's—”

“I know you have bad impression of me but you gotta give me a chance. I'm actually a good person you know. I have layers like an onion.”

“Pfft—”

“..............”

They all turned to look at me.

“Uh sorry sorry... Please continue.”

“I am not telling you to marry me immediately. Just be my girlfriend first and I'll let you live in happiness. Then you can marry me. How about that?”

Uwahh... That's pretty bold fufufufu.

But he's asking her out in front of me and the guards to pressure Lucy into agreeing.

Just say no Lucy. You are looking really uncomfortable and obviously against it. It's showing on your face.

This guy doesn't really care about that though.

“Or do you have something against me? Please don't be so judgemental, Lucy...”

“No. I-It's not like that... sir.”

“Then why?”

“Because I have to focus on work. I-I have no time for other stuff. I am a breadwinner.”

She's a breadwinner? I see.

“Ohhh! I am aware how impressive you are. Caushalt's son has been transferred to Manila so I know you lost a big client. Don't forget his father is my employee. He took a leave of absence you know?”

“....That's...”

“So I know how much you're working extra hard therefore I understand if you can't spare me some time.”

Hold on. ‘Caushalt’, ‘Son’, ‘Transferred’, and ‘employee’ of Douche who is the mall manager of ‘Dahlia Mall’— there's only one person that comes to mind: B-Marc.

So Rolfo really did transferred him out. Immediately too. Well, of course. It's too risky to leave him here fufufufufu.

“But isn't that more of a reason to go out with me? I am a mall manager. Dahlia mall is a large business you know? I am wealthy and I can help you a lot. Isn't that right?”

He is looking at the two guards for affirmation.

“Uh, yes yes sir. You are absolutely right!”

“I agree with him miss Lucy. Sir Doccia is a actually a good guy. The rumors are just rumors.”

When there's a fire, there would be a smoke though. You can't just dismiss the rumors.

Douche is using peer pressure, how will you respond to that Lucy? Just say no though. Flat out reject him right here right now. Not saying ‘no’ will just make it harder than rejecting him now.

You may deal with few consequences because we both know about the obvious personality of this douchebag but it's better than forcing yourself to say ‘yes’.

“Um..” She's trembling.

“Being with me will free you from worry. Financial stability, security, and luxury! I can give them to you. Or do you not want to give your grandmother a good life?”

“I want to of course!” Lucy is stirred up by that. Her soft spot is her family huh. She's family oriented I see.

This manipulative douchebag knows of it hence he's using it to ensnare her.

“Al— um.. I am...” She bites her lower lips.

Oh hell. She's going to force herself. This guy is already aware of it. Look at how victorious he looks. He's so fishy. ‘Good guy’ they said.

“What is it, Lucy~?”

Oh bloody hell... You look like you're about to cry. So just say no. Say you don't want it— Say you don't want him.

Forcing yourself to do something you don't desire will just make you go more against it overtime. That's more problematic in the long run.

“O... O-Oka—”

But I understand why you're willing to sacrifice yourself... You have someone to protect and they're more important above everything else including yourself.

But you know, how can you take care of someone else if you can't even take care of yourself?

“Well that's enough!”

I shouted to attract their attention.

5