Chapter 031: Dishing Out Devotion [Part 5]
74 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She's More Resistant Than I Thought


The SSG is a student-led organization found in many schools across the Philippines. It typically consists of elected student representatives who serve as leaders and advocates for their fellow students.

They often organize events, address student concerns, and liaise between students, faculty, and administration. SSG members play a crucial role in fostering student involvement, leadership development, and school community engagement.

One of their privileges is that they have their own office in the campus.

There are many rooms and offices in the gabaldon building but the SSG office is identifiable by its signage.

It isn't my first time going there by the way. That place... It has a simple yet professional design, with prominent entrance adorned with the school colors and emblem. Windows offer glimpses into the activity within, and there are notice boards displaying announcements, events, and achievements of the student government.

I take my phone to send a text message to Cyanía:

「Cyanía, is the meeting still ongoing?」

「.............」

Hmm.. it's been a minute yet this usually very responsive masochist isn't replying to me.

「Are you unavailable?」

「.............」

But if she's unavailable, my messages would fail to reach her phone. Yet... It's being delivered.

「Hey, are you ignoring me now as well?」

「.............」

「.............」

「I'm so sorry, master.」

「.............」

「Please punish me...」

「No. What were you doing anyway?」

「Well... it felt good...」

「What?」

「..your messages I mean...」

「What?」

「Well, I made a simple code that will activate the device in me every time I receive any form of communication from you.」

「.............」

「I am a naughty girl, please punish me, master.」

Nope. I am not going to entertain this bitch in heat.

「Please conclude the meeting now. Elizabeth hasn't eaten lunch yet.」

「Buzzkill.. But okaaaay!! Wink. Wink.」

I turn my phone off immediately.

I'm already here. I'll just wait for the others to leave.

And soon enough, the student officials leave the SSG office one by one. I see Rose and Mary leave as well. But their direction is towards the faculty room. They still probably have some work to do.

I wait for a few minutes before getting inside. There are still several officers left, but they don't seem to be talking about anything important.

In fact, they're just chitchatting now.

I look around and as the Vice President of the student government, Elizabeth is sitting on the far right. There's also another officer on her right side, who is trying to speak to her. However, she's too busy looking through her cellphone to pay any attention.

This makes me wonder. Is she texting someone? Is it a guy?

As I approach them, I hear the officer on her right say, “...heard you rejected your close friend very harshly. You should have at least allowed him to keep his face. Throwing the flowers into the trash can right in front of him is kinda humiliating don't you think, Hecate?”

I think they're talking about me. Aside from their president, none of them have noticed my presence.

That guy continue to speak, “You should take it easy with him. Boys tend to fall in love with girls that treat them right... Hell, treat an unloved boy with basic kindness and you will make them fall for you easily. Moreover, they can get pretty obsessive, and that's a dangerous thing, Hecate.”

Elizabeth replies, “He isn't obsessed with me at all. And even if he is, he doesn't really know how to treat girls right.”

Err... is that what you think of me, Elizabeth?

I feel like the room is suddenly turning colder. Oh, it's the AC.

“So if you don't mind me asking, Hecate,” The guy officer continues, “Why did you reject him so cruelly? It's like you want him to badly go away. If I'm not wrong, you two are a very, very close friends. Did he do something to you? We can help you know. We're always here for you...”

“.............” Elizabeth says nothing. It's like she dissociated right here, right now.

“Elizabeth?” the guy asks.

“Ehem,” the SSG president coughs to get their attention. Before standing up from her seat, she says, “Stop gossiping and go back to your classes. I'm leaving now as well.”

With that, they finally noticed me. They all seem shocked. It looks like they know who I am. But the one with the biggest reaction is Elizabeth who's looking at me with her eyes wide open, “M...ark..”

“Oh hell yeah,” I reply. “It's me.”

“Err... we're leaving,” says the other officers. After she leaves, the others follow. But that guy officer stayed.

Now there's only three of us.

For a moment, the only sound that can be heard is the AC.

“So what are you doing here?” Elizabeth breaks the silence, speaking with a blank face. I miss the excited face she makes when she sees me. This time, it's very cold and distant.

“I figured out you haven't eaten yet so here I cooked you something to eat,” I shake the eco bag which is carrying the lunchbox.

“.............” Elizabeth's eyes widens once more, her mouth agape. She immediately lowers her head down probably to hide her expression.

The guy officer, sensing the odd atmosphere, comes to the rescue, “What's your section? Isn't it class hours right now? What are you doing here? Who's your teacher?”

I take the lunchbox out and set it on the table, “I'm here to deliver lunch for Elizabeth.”

“Hmmmm,” he scrutinizes it. Disapprovingly, he says with a condescending tone, “Okay. You can leave now.”

What's wrong with this guy?

“I can leave later.”

“Hey. Can't you see? Elizabeth is uncomfortable with you around. I don't know what you did but you sure wasted your friendship with her. So leave, boy.”

“And leave you two alone?” I sneer. He's acting really different than he was earlier. And he changed how he addresses Elizabeth. He's calling her on a first name basis.

“So what? Unlike you, Elizabeth is safe with me,” he stands up to confront me. He sure is tall with an athletic physique. Those broad shoulders can surely intimidate normal students. “Leave while I'm still asking you nicely.”

Ignoring him, I vault over the desk to sit beside Elizabeth, “Hey, although I asked for help, I did cooked you my mom's recipe of tinola.”

“...why..?” Elizabeth whispers to herself.

I get closer to her ear and say, “I believe that the best way to win you over is through your mouth.”

“You bastard — what are you getting close to her for?!” he tries to grab me but with a simple movement and a wink, I move behind Elizabeth.

I hug her from the back and say, “‘They say that the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach.’ I believe it goes the other way.”

“You—” that officer is so shock he can't speak. He's just pointing his fingers at me not knowing what to do.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth's hand clenches into fist. I can feel her body shaking. Her face is maybe hidden but I can see how she's pursing her lips, trying her best to hide whatever she's feeling.

“Hey bastard! Let her go. Elizabeth, are you just gonna let this guy do as he please? Don't you hate him?”

Like as if she remembered something important, Elizabeth breaks away, and with a glare she screams, “Leave me alone!”

Her intense glare and sharp words pierce the air, leaving little room for negotiation or further interaction.

Sensing the tension, I cautiously retreat, reminding her to eat the meal I had prepared, “Err... Very well. But eat your meal. I worked for it.”

I shouldn't aggravate her any further. Should I leave?

While I'm still thinking of what I should do, Elizabeth takes the lunchbox.

I tell her, “The fork and spoon is in—”

Cutting me off mid-sentence, Elizabeth decisively tosses the lunchbox into the nearby garbage bin, demonstrating a clear break in our conversation.

The swift and unexpected action leaves me taken aback, highlighting a deeper rift in our interaction that I hadn't fully anticipated.

Well, I certainly didn't expect her to actually do this, but it's not entirely surprising.

Even that guy appears taken aback, stammering, “M-Ms. Hecate... that's a bit...”

“Shut up!” Elizabeth's eyes are reddened with emotion, she lashes out at both of us, her voice filled with frustration, “Leave! All of you, leave!”

Glancing at the trash bin and then meeting Elizabeth's gaze, I take a moment to inhale the cold air, feeling the weight of the tense atmosphere. With a silent acknowledgment of the situation, I quietly exit the room.

5