Chapter 033: S/he’s Gone [Part 1]
41 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry everyone. I was drawing and forgot the passage of time. This should have been released last week.


Where The Hell Did You Go..?


Yellowhead and company seem visibly frustrated. It looks like Al has successfully escaped from them.

I have to admit. It's undeniably disappointing. But at least Mae can now breathe a sigh of relief.

I proceed to text her about the situation. But instead of thanking me, she replies:

「Eh? Have I ever given you my number?」

I won't be answering that.

Well then...

Now that the thing about those two has been settled, albeit temporarily, I gotta deal with what's mine.

But my woman has long disappeared.

If she doesn't want to be found, I don't think I will be able to easily find her.

I gaze in the setting sky thinking for a while. With a sigh, I say, “I guess I'll go home for now.”

After eating dinner while constantly being bullied by my little sister, I rest my tired back on my bed, chatting with Mae.

「Did you get home safely?」

「Yes, you?」

「What can possibly happen to me?」

「Did you forget you just got out of the hospital, Mr.?」

「ᕙ⁠(⁠ ⁠ ⁠•⁠ ⁠‿⁠ ⁠•⁠ ⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕗ」

「Haha.」

「Did Al contacted you?」

「He blocked me.」

「Geez. What now then? Are you finally giving up?」

「Don't kid me. I haven't done my all yet.」

「I see」

「Did you catch Ms. Hecate?」

「No.」

「Why did you not look for her?」

「As if I can find her.. Besides, I should give her some space」

「No, you idiot!」

Oh. That's surprising. She rarely does that. I tease her:

「Wow. Enlighten me then, Ms. Genius.」

「Please don't tease me. But joking aside, I'm sure we hurt Ms. Hecate. Even though I failed to seduce you, hihi... But for Ms. Hecate, she must think she already lost you. This isn't the time to give her space. She's hurt and she needs someone... She's extremely vulnerable, Mark. Go to her please.」

「.............」

That made me think. Did I make the wrong choice?

「Hey」

「You have a point... Fine. I'll go to her house tonight.」

「Hehe. Be safe...」

After I turn off my phone, I prepare immediately. I wear my jacket then I sneak out silently.

I know Crystal is watching me but who cares? It's not like she can stop me.

I try to call Elizabeth to inform her I'm going to her house but....

『The number you have dialed is—』

...she's out of reach. I think she closed her phone shut. Geez.

I'll reach the village in about 30 minutes from our house. The security knows me, so  although it's late, they still allow me to come in. They just told me to hush about it.

They seem busy watching something. I wonder what is it. They're pretty complacent. None of my business though.

But I guess it can't be helped. This neighborhood is pretty quiet and peaceful. No crime has been recorded happening here for a long time.

While I'm contemplating, “!” something catches my attention.

It's Lucy's house? Or rather, this was Lucy's house. The lights are off, not because they're already sleeping, but because the residents are gone. Now, it's empty. It's so desolate. What a lonely place...

This is where I took that grandma when I last visited Elizabeth's house. Turns out she's Lucy's grandmother. What a small world.

The doctor said that nanay Maria is recovering, albeit slowly. At the very least, Lucy can more or less take it easy.

But speaking of Lucy, although I helped her and her family, she and Binary are both ignoring me. Although I actually expected that. In their eyes, I must be a villain.

Lucy is still under the impression that she got raped by Ian. And speaking of that guy, I doubt Ian will bother them... At least not for a while. That guy is currently busy recuperating. And it will take him some time just to rebuild his strength. For now, he has to recover his health back.

The wounds he received are pretty lethal. I'm honestly surprised he is still alive. He is like a cockroach. Such a tenacious bastard.

And even if he recovers, Ian is still wanted by the police. Even the media wants him badly. Hell, even the Viper gang is after him. There's no way he'll mess with Lucy.

She's probably insignificant for him now.

So for the meantime, the Nightengale household will be peaceful for a while.

Eh? Something else caught my attention. This time, it gives me a bad feeling.

Why are the lights off in Elizabeth's house as well?

Oh hell... I hope this woman didn't do anything crazy. Crazy as she is, I hope she didn't.

*Knock*Knock*

“Elizabeth. I'm here,” I say with a louder voice than usual. “Hey... hmm?”

I am about to knock again but the door got pushed open. It's unlocked. Why did she leave the door unlocked?

*Creak~*

I open it and all I see is darkness. Hell no. Her hallway looks like something out of a horror movie. Why is there no light?

I feel the wall around to turn on the lights.

*Click!*

Nice. Finally, I can see better.

“Elizabeth, where are you? Can you not play a prank on me?”

There's no response. My voice only reverberated in the room.

“Oh hell... where did this woman go?”

I begin looking around the house but I can't find her anywhere.

“Eh?” I am a bit surprised to see her travel bag full of unfolded clothes. It is like as if she was on a rush to leave.

But I think she decided otherwise. I mean, her things are still here. I doubt she'll go somewhere far away without anything with her. But I am honestly not sure about that.

“Fucking hell... Where the hell are you?”

I guess I have to ask Cyanía for help. I wonder if she's still awake. Yeah, I'm sure she is.

But in the middle of me typing a text message, I receive a notification. It's not from Cyanía. Nor from Crystal. Nor from Elizabeth...

It's from Mae.

It says:

「mMsark.Elixsbeythj i herw!」

It doesn't make sense at first. But Mae isn't someone with such an ugly typings. Hell, that woman always makes sure she typed the right punctuations and spelling before sending it. Even the capitalization and text structure is well done.

It just means that she typed this hurriedly.

And I get it:

Mark, Elizabeth is here.

5