Chapter 022: How Long Can You Endure? [Part 1]
132 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry for being inactive. I have to deal with some personal stuffs...

Blackmail


“Brat! What's wrong with yo—?”

“Shut up dickhead!”

“What did you just say—?!”

“You know, I will no longer tolerate any further disrespect! What's wrong with this hospital? Are each one of you servants of this imbecile that you will prioritize him over your own patient? And a private one at that?!”

“BRAT!”

“S-Sir!”

The already nervous guards hurriedly come forward to stop Douche from punching me.

“You better take that back! Or I will make sure—”

“Just do it. Why do you keep barking?”

“YOU—”

“I will report the two of you to your superiors and write bad reviews about this hospital if you don't pull this douchebag out of this room right this instant!”

“““!!””” The guards including Lucy are all startled.

“Go ahead—” Douche is still being Douche.

“Sir! Sir! P-Please calm down.” He is struggling to restrain Douche without hurting him.

Fufufufu.

“S-Sir, please forgive our rudeness but you need to leave.”

“Let go of me or you two will be the one to suffer the consequences.”

“Well that is to be expected from someone like you. I mean, you can only bully those weaker than you are. That's understandable given that I am far more superior than you.”

“Fu— FUCK YOU!! FUUUUCK YOU!!”

“Sir!”

“Please come with us!”

“Let go of me—! Mark! You bastard! DON'T THINK THIS ENDS HERE YOU FUCKING STUPID AND ARROGANT SON OF A BITCH!!”

And so he cursed me like a broken record while he is being pulled away by the guards.

“...........”

“...........”

Now it's just Lucy and I. She is currently in daze. Probably processing what just happened.

“Lucy.”

“!”

She now looks alarmed.

“M-Mister Reverren! I..”

“Hm?”

“I am sorry for that. My personal problem cause problems for you so.. If you're going to report someone, please report me instead of those two! They're just scared of Mr. Doccia! And please don't damage our reputation because of me. It's all my fault! So don't blame anyone else! I'll do something about this... so please...” She hurriedly went forward to bow down her head to me. She's shaking and she looks like she's on the verge of crying.

“...........”

“...........”

“Sure.”

“T-Thank you po sir!” She's so relieve fufufu.

“In one condition though.”

That's... I.. W-What is it, um.. sir..?”

Look at her being so scared. Just what kind of impression does she have for me?

“Well, fufufu, it's very simple.. You just have to—”

“What kind of perverted condition will you make her do, my beloved kuya Mark? Chichichichiii~”

Oh hell. When did she get here?

“Crystal, why are you here?”

“Of course I came to visit my beloved kuya. What else am I supposed to do in this place?”

“You never visited me for the past few days. You didn't even come when I was in the ER. So you being here is very suspicious... Especially because it's you.”

According to mom, Crystal was at home all this time. Even yesterday when I woke up, she didn't even bother to make a phone call to check up on me.

Chichichichichiii~ So you knew? Of course duh. Why would I bother when this is clearly all your fault?”

Then why are you here?

“This is your problem yet why must I— your beloved fragile little sister should suffer?”

I thought you love me. You said it last time. I should have known better. You two-faced bitch!

“It's the consequences of you trying to be a hero. Are you really that desperate to sleep with your teacher kuya Mark? Sexually frustrated? I see it's because your pathetic girlfriend sucks. Understandable tsk tsk tsk!”

“Hey!”

Chichichichiii. I apologize po for the rudeness of my elder brother.” She ignored me.

She went closer to Lucy and apologized to her.

“I don't know what he did to you but you can forget about it. You can stop bowing to him now. It will get to his head. Whatever he's blackmailing you with, he will not do anything I swear. I respect all the nurses and the hospital staff a lot because my father is a doctor. Hehe, thank you po for the hard work.”

See this Douche? This is what I'm talking about. She looks and she feels genuine.

Uh umm... Thank you po... Ms. Crystal?”

Lucy is pretty stunned but most importantly...

‘Ms. Crystal’?!

“That's very unfair. Please be less formal to me too, Lucy.”

“Shut up kuya Mark!”

What the hell...?

“You can forget po whatever you owe him—”

“But we—”

“That's okay. Whatever is it, just don't do it next time. And believe me when I say kuya Mark will neither report nor defame your hospital. Right kuya Mark?”

“What—?”

Crystal is winking at me. She's so cute. However, she isn't doing that out of consideration for Lucy but because she's telling me that she is blackmailing me. She's holding her phone waving it lightly.

So she recorded what was happening earlier. Out of context, I'll be seen as a villain who's harassing a fragile teary nurse.

“Err.. Yes. I was just joking. And to be clear, my request was for you to stop being formal to me...”

It is.

“Yay! Thank you kuya~! Love you~! Hehehe.”

Be silent.

“Let's conclude this here. Please give me some time alone with my kuya.”

“Yes. Thank you Ms. Crystal. I promise I will not let this happen again!”

“Hm-mm. Are you here po to give kuya Mark his medicine?”

“Uh yes... He should be done with his lunch—”

“No I couldn't even eat a spoonful. And my meal is already cold.”

Err... I'm sorry po sir. I'll heat it up immediately.”

Lucy became more formal and distant because of this event.

“No no no. I brought a lunch with me. I thought my picky kuya will not eat the meal the hospital has provided for him.”

That's not true.

Crystal took a sit beside me and start laying down the lunchbox she brought with her.

“Uh alright po Ms. Crystal. I'll just wait here...?”

“No, you can go and do your tasks.”

“...........”

“...........”

“...........”

“Thank you po ma'am. I'll take my leave now.”

She left my room after taking my cold lunch with her. Only Crystal and I are left here. This is pretty scary.

The hell is she planning?

Chichichichii~”

She is giggling and that's giving me chills. She seems to be eager to make the two of us be left alone.

“So what did you come here for?”

“To visit.” She said while preparing my lunch.

“Hmm. Thank you. I'm fine. You can leave now.”

“Kuya Mark, you don't want me here?”

“So pabebe. Stop acting cute.”

“But I am not acting. I'm just innately adorable. Aren't you lucky?”

“Sure. I'm very lucky to have a cute lovely little sister. Just please stop pointing such a sharp fork into my eyes.”

“Hehehehehe.”

“So why are you here?”

“I just told you.... Now say aaah.”

Aaaaah— ump.”

What a tender chicken. Salty and spicy too. Just my taste. I love you for this my beloved li'l sis.

“So why are you here?”

“Kuya Mark, are you padding because the word count is not even 1.1k yet?”

“Perhaps but I just don't believe you—”

*Swoosh~*

Seriously stop pointing that fork to me.

“I do believe you but didn't you just said: ‘Of course why would I bother when this is all clearly your fault?’ earlier?”

“Because I want to upset you.”

“...........”

What a great sister you are... Well, I'm used to it.

“Did you put something in this food?”

“Hmmmp~”

She's pouting.

“Ump.”

And then she took a bite of my lunch.

“Why are you doubting me? Don't you trust me?”

And now she's tearing up.

But...

“No—”

*Swoosh~*

Argh. A fork should only be used for eating my beloved li'l sis.

“I trust you of course but it's because you love to tease me. Remember the ‘good days’ you tried to kill or injure me almost everyday?”

“Hehe. I was just a child kuya... I don't know any better tee-hee~”

It's not funny. For a child, you sure were too deadly sometimes— or most of the time rather.

“I'm here to wash you clean and replace your bandages.”

I see.

“Also to clean your wounds of course hehehe~”

“!!”

And that gave me goosebumps. And now I feel cold inside.

T-This is what she wants huh... To torment me... No! I refuse. Despite my appearance, my wound is still fresh. It hurts and I have just been ignoring it. Now, I become conscious of it and hence it's stinging.

“Hmm? You don't want me to?”

Stop looking angelically sad.

“B-But wasn't it mom who does that— ump?” She suddenly shoved a spoonful of rice into my mouth. It almost went inside the wrong pipe.

Mom was the one cleaning my wounds, giving me a sponge bath, and changing my bandages for the past few nights— because she's only free in the evening. Even though she's busy and most likely exhausted, she didn't want to leave those duties to anyone.

Mom is really caring.

“I can also do it you know. Everyone in our home have to learn how to do first aid because of you hurting yourself everytime.”

Bloody FUCKING hell! Most of those are cause by you!! How dare you...

“That was a matter in the past— ump.” Please stop shoving such metallic spoon into my mouth with so much force. A little mistake can kill me you know?

“And who's hospitalized right now?” She rolls her eyes on me.

Fufu. Her long eyelashes quivered and oh hell, that was honestly entrancing. She's so cute.

“Well ma'am Iris was in danger.”

Though I am the reason why she was put into that situation.

“...........”

Crystal stops feeding me. She is staring at me dead in the eye. With her unblinking and expressionless eyes, I don't know what's going on inside her head. I'm scared...

“!”

Suddenly, she hugged me tightly wrapping her arms around my neck. She is pressing her bountiful chest onto me as if she want the two of us to merge.

“Can you not... do that again...?”

Her voice is muffled perhaps because she has her head buried into my chest.

I... This isn't what I'm expecting.

“No matter how much you like her, you should just have left her alone.”

“...........”

“I want you to prioritize yourself above anyone else. Can you do that?”

She presses her head onto me even deeper. My wound stings but that's fine. I can't or rather, I don't want to push her away.

“I do prioritize myself. I was just confident I won't die.”

“Still that doesn't mean you should allow yourself to get hurt—”

Fufufu. Yet you're trying to hurt me everytime.

“Were you actually worried about me?”

She looks up to me.

“I am hehehe~”

She's back with her sly face. She's smirking at me with squinted eyes. But she hasn't let go.

“Are you touched?”

“A bit.”

“Hmmp.”

“If you're really worried, you should had come sooner li'l sis.”

“Well I was busy.”

“For what?”

“Will you believe me if I tell you I was looking for the one who shot you?”

Her temperament suddenly changed. The room feels cold and heavy.

“...........”

“...........”

“Fufufufu. Were you the one who sent those thugs to this hospital?”

“...........”

“...........”

“Chichi. How can I do that? I'm a weak girl you know?”

She's acting cute again.

“Well sure fufufu.”

Hehehehehehehe.”

“But...”

“Hm?”

“Please don't search for that guy. It's not safe for you. Leave it to the authorities. I don't want you to get hurt as well.”

“...........”

“...........”

“En! Hehe~”

She's so adorable bloody hell.

“Now let's clean your wound. You're done eating right?”

“...........”

I take that back.

6