Chapter 029: Dig Up The Dead [Part 2]
48 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I Had Enough!


In this abandoned fuel station's office, I sit on a banged up, and dusty old sofa.

I flop down on it, the torn seat matching my own weariness. I look around the leftovers of a place once crowded by people.

The air's got this old-paper-and-mildew stench, like a vintage reminder of how long time has passed by. It wraps around me. In this quietness like as if time's taken a break, perched on this damn sofa, its torn skin biting into my backside, the here and now morphs into a bitter flashback. It hits me like a raging bull — memories flooding back, like an unwelcome tide I can't fucking stop.

If only I didn't tell her to go to the market...

Fucking NINE years back— I was just some other guy, born in the stink of coastal Manila. My life back then— simple as a mechanic's wrench, living a routine carved out by the waves. I was just being a loving husband, a devoted father to my little Maria. She was a burst of sunlight, a pocketful of joy.

I may had nothing but a small garage, where the clang of metal on metal was my symphony, and the stench of gasoline hung thick. I was a grease monkey, fixing busted engines. It was not a glamorous life, but it was ours.

Maria — her laughter, an echo that used to fill our house. Every late night under those garage lights, every worn-out step on the linoleum floor at home, it all had a damn purpose. Coated in the day's grime, I go back to the warmth of my family. The ache in my bones, seems to ease up as I hug my wife and daughter.

But life's a sucker punch, ain't it? Fate played its hand, and everything went to hell. The garage? A memory. Maria's laughter? Fading echo.

And that's because.... grrrrt.. It's because... grrr.. It's all... It's all—

“JUST BECAUSE OF THOSE BASTARDS!!” I punch the dusty glass vase so hard it hit the wall that is few meters away.

*Crash!*

They ruined my life… They… They v-viol— They.. They TOOK you from ME!

All of sudden, I fall down to my knees... crying.

Maria… ohh.. my baby.. Nooooo.. Noo! No… I miss you so much.…” I can't help but be emotional. I couldn't hold back my grief anymore.

I miss your mama so much. When we lost you, she was so heartbroken. I am.. I am so sorry… If I was calmer back then… If I didn't… If I didn't let my rage take over back then... Your mother… she would be...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh! I understand…

I LONG UNDERSTOOD!

I understood what kept her together was me.. I was her hope… Yet, I took it from her… I'm so sorry… I was so angry… I'm so sorry… Please forgive me… aaaaagh.. huhuhuhuhuhu. Maria… dear.. ahhh.. please… please forgive me… I want to go with you so bad… But I… I don't know how to face you.. I am a failure. I am so sorry…

There's a man screaming in this lonely place. I know it's me, but it's like I'm not. It's like I'm watching from afar.

I don't know… All I see are your faces… My dear.. my baby… I want to see you so bad… huhuhu.. But I can't even.. FUCK this! I am so pathetic.. I can't even light a candle on your graves… I'm sorry.. Papa is such a bad guy.. Papa is such a terrible father. A miserable one.. I'm so pathetic.. I am so sorry…

『Breaking News: Disturbing Discovery Unearthed in Local Graveyard..』

“!”

My pathetic act gets disturbed by a news playing on the television that I left open. For some reason, maybe because I just cried, but… I feel so heavy.

『Disclaimer to those that are eating, but in a chilling turn of events, local residents stumbled upon a desecrated graveyard marked by a haunting message engraved on its tombstone: “Are you done bullying me?”』

No… please…

『Law enforcement officials confirm that the corpse, disturbingly, is…….』

No, no, no… leave her alone...

『….missing.』

“..?!”

N—

『Upon further investigation, it has been revealed that the unidentified remains belong to the child of the escaped prisoner, Abel Irania.』

Pffft—” I am shaking. So bad. I.. “Hahahahahahahahaha!”

Hahaha. What's so funny? This isn't funny, isn't it?

*Drip*

Hahahahaha!

*Drip!*Drip!*

“Oh no.. I'm crying again. This is really embarrassing… Hahahaha!”

『The sinister implications of this discovery raise urgent questions, and authorities are intensifying efforts to uncover the truth behind this macabre scene. The community is urged to remain vigilant, as the investig...』

I…

Everything is black for some reason. I can't hear anything. I can't feel anything. No. Is my heart still beating? Why can I not feel it? Am I dead? I CAN'T SENSE ANYTHING… why..?

Haven't you people had enough? My lord… I endured for so long. I committed a grave sin, I know. I feel so ashamed that I can't even face my family.

I got angry with that boy because he didn't allow me to kill that son of a bitch. But.. weren't it was all just because I actually don't want to kill? I haven't hurt anybody.

No. No, no! It wasn't me. I wasn't the one that killed those bastards. I am furious but... I am not that strong... and... I am not brave enough to take someone's life. It's a precious gift… and when I lost my family.. I valued it even more… For I wish my wife and daughter has it.

I've been stuck, unable to move forward even though I seek justice.... just because I fucking refuse to take the law in my hands! I don't want to bring further shame to my daughter. Even if that boy give me a chance, I think I still won't be able to kill him. No no no. It wasn't because I wanted to make him suffer. As much as I wanted to… In fact, I want him to BURN in hell ALIVE. But, I still couldn't take his life. Maybe I'm just really a coward.

Why… Why am I so afraid?

Hahahahahahaha... I'm so confused. And….

I….

I am so angry! No... I.. I can't possibly tolerate this. I HAD ENOUGH! HE HAVEN'T HAD ENOUGH! NOW, HE DOESN'T EVEN WANT TO LET MY DAUGHTER REST IN PEACE! I HAD ENOUGH, MY LORD!!

I HAVE BEEN PUNISHED FOR MY CRIMES. I HAD ENOUGH. I HAD ENOUGH!! THIS MOTHERFUCKER… IT'S TIME FOR HIM TO PAY! AND TONIGHT, I WILL BE THE ONE TO DRAG HIM TO HELL…

....WITH ME!!

6