Chapter 13 – Into the Portal
688 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The group arrived in front of the portal, inside a large cave. 

"According to our current knowledge of the portals, they are maintained by some extreme power source, like a weather phenomenon or some other forms of power.

Hunter guilds control certain portals because there are energy crystal mines on the other side of the portal, which are extremely valuable.  Usually, they close other portals which have volcanos or other such phenomenon there by placing explosives to stop the energy maintaining those portals.

This is because it takes manpower and resources to guard a portal from monsters breaking out. If there was nothing to be gained, they would rather close the portals rather than waste time and money guarding it.

Alpha remembered that his teleportation to the Demon Realm and back was also created by weather phenomenon from the Bermuda triangle, and his portal back to this other dimension that connected to Earth was caused by the combined attacks of the dragons and demon Kings.

"Alright. You guys stay here while I explore the other side of the portal. We don't know what is on the other side. I will need you guys to secure the portal to prevent any other monsters getting out" Alpha said.

"Um... we're a team, aren't we? I know we didn't do so well in the battle last night, but we have our own uses" Phantom said

"But... it might be dangerous" Alpha said

"We know that you can handle battles with monsters handily. But I'm practically immune to most physical damage" Aqua said

"As am I" Rubberdoll added. 

Alpha thought about it for a while. It was true he was treating them like they are useless. But they were a team, so he should at least go to the mission with them and be a bit more of a team player.

"Ok. Forgive me. I'm just used to doing things on my own. But I insist Wolfman stays because he is still injured, and Dorothy because her 3 summons are important to guard the portal. As for you, Techno..." Alpha said

"I will stay. I will send drones over to record, but I don't think I will be useful over there" Techno said

"As will I. I am more suited for spying missions and assassinations. Not direct combat. Besides, I have to report to the General if anything happens" Phantom said

"Ok then. Aqua and Rubberdoll is following me into the portal. Phantom, Dorothy, Techno and Wolfman stays behind and guard the portal" Alpha said

The 4 saluted as Alpha looked at Rubberdoll and Alpha

"Ready?" he asked

"Ready Captain" they both replied simultaneously. 

Alpha walked through the portal, followed by the other two team members. 

--

They stepped out of the portal on the other side to find themselves in Arctic tundra conditions where it was freezing with barren mountain peaks covered with snow. 

They were looking down a mountain as the portal behind them was facing downwards away from the snow capped mountain top. 

Everywhere around them were even more mountains that were covered with snow and ice!

Up in the sky was a phenomenon that was similar to the Northern Lights on earth where the the protons and the electrons of the solar winds go past the magnetic field and hits the Earth's atmosphere releasing energy that causes the phenomena. 

Here on another world, the phenomena was more intense, rather than looking like a dreamy wispy magical lights, it looked more like a extreme storm of multiple colors blazing across the sky! 

This was what generated the portal which they just exited from! 

But right away they faced an immediate problem. They had just come out from the desert climate of the middle east and were dressed only in their army pants and singlets!

Alpha of course had no problems, but the other two women were freezing!

Both of them hugged themselves and tried to get warm and Alpha was in two minds whether to retreat back to the portal to get more equipment, or venture on and try to close the portal. 

Suddenly, they heard loud roars coming from all around them, different from the monster wolves they faced on Earth. 

A loud rumble sounded as Alpha looked back up in horror. 

A huge avalanche rolled down the mountain, heading right at them as the whole mountain shook. 

Alpha picked Rubberdoll and Aqua up with one hand each and leaped into the air, just as the avalanche rolled past where they were just standing, burying the portal back to Earth. 

He looked below, trying to remember where the portal was as his mighty leap took them several kilometers away.

It was then that he saw both Aqua and Rubberdoll looking limp in his hands. 

"Shit. I have to get them warm somehow. But there are no trees around. How would I start a fire?" he thought as he landed on another mountain that was nearby. 

Just then, they heard another similar sounding roar and Alpha looked around, seeing giant apelike creatures surrounding them nearby. 

There were 7 of them carrying clubs, each around 9 to 12 feet tall and had body completely covered in hair. 

Alpha put his hand on his sword cautiously, wondering if they were here to attack, or die. 

The creatures roared again and charged with their clubs. 

"You girls stay here and try your best to keep warm" he said as he moved in a flash. 

The battle didn't even last a minute as Alpha didn't bother being gentle, causing body parts and gore to fly all over the place. 

The two girls had only witnessed one fight with Alpha holding himself back before, but now he wasn't bothered. 

It was like a normal man playing with little chicks as he massacred them without mercy.  

As he walked back to them, covered in blood, his body was steaming with body heat, causing him to leave melted footprints on the snowy ground. 

They both suddenly ran to him and hugged him, trying to leech his body heat for themselves as they were freezing so badly. 

The women stripped naked and striped Alpha's clothes off, rubbing their body on his steaming body, undeterred by him being covered in blood. 

"Aaah! You're so warm" Aqua said, turning into water form and washing his body clean. 

"Hey, no fair" Rubberdoll complained as Aqua's washing cooled Alpha's body down a bit. 

Rubberdoll flattened her body to cover more and more of Alpha's body as they both started fighting over him. 

Alpha wondered what kind of a mess he has gotten himself into. 

24