The Mans Mystery IV
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 The stranger still couldn’t shake his uneasiness about that house. He had long since left that rundown neighborhood and was now walking through a more urban area. He glanced up at the steel-colored sky above him trying to move his thoughts towards something else.

   ‘Why is that place so familiar to me,’ he thought to himself. He turned into an alleyway in between a small market and an Asian restaurant and leaned against the wall. Images flashed through his mind. Of a boy watching something on an old T.V., of a woman’s smile, of a girl's dream to see the sea, of her screams, and of fire.

   He swung his arm unconsciously back against the wall, cracking the bricks that made up its surface. He stared down towards his feet whilst holding his head with his other hand. He was experiencing an incredible headache like someone was ramming his skull with a hammer again and again.

  “What the fuck is happening to me,” he questioned to thin air as he hunched over holding his skull.

  “Are you alright big brother,” a young feminine voice had questioned him. His head quickly darted up to see the young girl from earlier, the one who was running with who he presumed to be her brother.

   “What,” he breathed out. He was confused. Why was she here and calling him her brother of all things?

   She giggled. “Come on big brother, we’re going to see the ocean remember.” Her face took on a more sorrowful expression. “Don’t tell me you forgot. You promised.” Tears began to well up in the girl's eyes the amnesiac man stared at her with a confused expression.

   “You promised,” she whimpered as she began to cry. “Y-You promised.”

  He stared at her body motionless with a pained and confused expression adorning his face.

   “You promised,” she continued. Her voice becoming more twisted and menacing as she repeated this over and over like a broken record.

  “Stop it,” he uttered.

   “How could you forget? How could you forget our promise,” the girl continued on.

   He looked away from her. “Stop it,” he responded again a bit louder this time. He could feel her presence close to his body now. And an odd heat emanating from her. He was compelled to look over at her. His eyes widen in horror. The girl’s skin was blistering and burning away as if she was on fire. Her eyes becoming soulless black orbs crying tears of blood.

  “HOW COULD YOU FORGET ME,” she shouted at him with an almost demonic voice. “How could you forget what you did!”

  Tears filled the man’s vision as he closed his eyes. Hoping to whatever gods lie above that this was a dream. “Stop it,” he shouted at her once more.

  “A monster like you doesn’t deserve to cry, to feel happiness, to live. Don’t you remember what you did, to them?” Her hands wrapped around his throat, restricting his airflow. His vision began to blur before everything went dark. When he opened his eyes once more, he was in a void that seemed to stretch on for eternity.

   He stood up and looked around in confusion, his heart racing.

   “It’s been a while, my poor other half,” a sinister male voice echoed through the void. The man began to panic a bit as he turned his body in every which direction trying to find the source of the voice. Sweat forming around his face. He then stopped when he spotted a mirror. His reflection showing right back at him. He walked towards it slowly. The reflection mimicked his movements.

   ‘It’s just a mirror,’ he thought.

   “I’m not just a mirror, you poor fool,” the reflection responded as a sinister smile began to form on its face.

   “W-What is this? Who are you,” the man shouted towards his reflection.

   “I am the key. The key to unlocking your truth dear squanderer of mine.” The reflection reached out of the mirror with his right hand, grabbing the man's face. The man's eyes widened as he tried to rip the reflection's hand from his face. His head began to feel like it was being crushed once more as images began to play out in his vision.

   “I think it’s time we woke up. Wouldn’t you agree,” the reflection said menacingly. The man saw various individuals he felt were familiar, yet he couldn’t remember seeing any of them. He saw them being dismembered and brutalized one by one over, and over, and over.

   A man, defending a little girl from something filled his vision before a bladed arm sliced his head off. His vision then jumped to a frightened woman. Her entrails being torn out by metal hands as she screamed in agony. Then a bunch of scientists and soldiers running from something in terror. A crimson glow flashing throughout the area as one by one they were dismembered. His vision kept filling with images of familiar yet at the same time unfamiliar faces, of suffering, and death. All being caused by presumably him as these images played out in first person. His reflection removed its hand as the man fell to his hands and knees crying.

  “No more,” he shouted. “Let me out! Let me out of here now!” He began to sob as the reflection squatted to his level, getting uncomfortably close to his left ear.

   “You and I are one. You may forget but you will never be rid of me,” the reflection uttered menacingly.

   “What are you,” the man sobbed looking at the pitch-black ground below him.

   Back in the real world, a bearded man with a disgruntled appearance wearing a gray hoodie, black sweats, and a black beanie walked up to the amnesiac man as he was on the ground holding his head with a blank expression.

   ‘I don’t want to do this. This guy looks like he’s having it just as rough as I am right now. But I need money. I need something,’ the stranger thought before pulling out a small pistol from behind him and grabbing the amnesiac by his shirt collar. He turned him over and aimed the pistol down at him.

   “Y-Your wallet, I need it right now,” the stranger shouted at him.

  A smile suddenly formed on the amnesiac man's face as he uttered something in a sinister tone.

   “We are death, destroyer of worlds.”

   The stranger's gun-wielding arm wavered a bit as a chill ran down his spine. ‘Is he on Hard Ice or something,’ he thought. “Listen man. J-Just give me your fuckin wallet alright. O-Or I’ll,” the man began before he was cut off by the amnesiac on the ground.

  “You’ll do what exactly,” the amnesiac said sinisterly as he glanced up at the man. His cerulean orbs almost glowing as a wide creepy smile adorned his face. The armed, bearded stranger stepped back a bit as the amnesiac moved to a sitting position and chuckled at him with narrowed eyes and a wide smile.

   ‘He’s laughing, he’s laughing at me. He doesn’t take me seriously. Just like her,’ the man shouted mentally as he was reminded of the one who put him in his current, homeless situation. The assailant moved forward picking the amnesiac off the ground and shoving him into the wall behind him.

   “You think I am a fucking joke pall,” he shouted with a furious look on his face. “You think I am a fuckin loser just like everyone else!”

   The sinister smile never once left the amnesiac's face. “You are a joke for pulling a toy on me you poor excuse for a man,” he said snidely.

  The man's eyes widened to the point where one would think they would pop out of their sockets as he snapped. “I’ll show you a poor excuse for a man,” he shouted. Spit flying out of his mouth as he aimed the pistol did center at the amnesiac's chest.

  A loud bang rang out through the alleyway.

0