Chapter 1
136 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement
Sorry that I've been away for a while. A LOT happened IRL, and I probably won't be able to come back for another month? I'm not sure. What I do know is I have a few chapters from unpublished series that I'll publish now. Most of them won't be updated a lot, but I'll pick the most popular one and update weekly along with Divine Empress and Twin Princesses (Possibly E&A) once I'm truly back. Until then, I hope you enjoy my weird imagination.

 

“She’s awake!”

First thing I hear is someone being obnoxiously loud. I can’t say I recognise the room, which would mean it happened again. 

Trying to move a few fingers, I confirm my theory. I’ve transmigrated again. Hmm if I recall correctly, this is the 100th time.

As I start to reminisce I can feel the familiar sensation of a piece of soul integrating into mine, if it even is mine after 101 different lives. Memories, mannerisms, emotions, experiences, it all integrates within seconds. It used to give me a massive headache for days, now it’s only a slight tingling sensation.

To think I just used to be a regular girl on a small planet, unaware of the universe and all it holds, and then I just had to die in a bandit raid, only to wake up in the body of the fiancé to the crown prince of some weird kingdom. The first time I was confused, and while I did gain the memories of the girl's body, it took me a while to realise I wasn’t even on the same planet. Technically. Most of the worlds I’ve visited call their planet “Earth”, or “Gaia” in old languages. At first I thought it was the same one, then I hypothesised it was something akin to a parallel dimension. It did take a few centuries, or was it a few millennium? I guess I don’t pay that much attention to time anymore.

Well, looks like I still regained the usual cumulative abilities, as this “bullet time” has been going on for a while. It’s convenient. It would be a hassle if that lady who shouted had already left the room before I got the old owner’s memories.

Not going to lie. Subjective time can be super boring. I think it’s been 10 minutes or so in my time, while only a couple of seconds in “objective” time. Oh I hope this world has the usual time and isn’t one of the weird ones, I don’t think I want to take decades to adjust my biological clock.

Oh. Lianis Acuria. Cute name I suppose. A lot easier to pronounce than Xie’go’killimanga’gaturni’mghlek. Well I suppose I have had weirder names than that one, though it was an annoyance to do royal proclamations.

Guess I can stop now and let the flow of time progress, I’ll mull more over my newfound memories or situation a bit later.

A tall man with a muscular physique, blonde, short spiky hair and what I assume is an attempt at a goatee enters the room, followed by a smaller woman with white hair and red eyes. She’s beautiful, and I would try to bed her except for one fact. They’re my parents.

My mother rushes to my side and takes my hand. “Lia are you okay?”

I take in her ruby red eyes and wonder if my own still look like that. “Yes mother, I’m fine.” 

My father looks at my mother, and I can see a few different emotions flash behind his eyes. Interesting, something to explore at a later date.

“We were afraid you’d never wake up when the doctors told us your heart stopped beating.” I tilt my head to look at my father. He was afraid? That’s a lie, I’m fairly certain he never wanted the old owner to take the throne. Despite the laws he has a misogynistic way of thinking. 

“I’m quite alright now, father. The doctors did a fabulous job in bringing me back.”

“Good, your fiancé has been wanting to see you. Rest up for today and see him tomorrow. We couldn’t hold your birthday party since you were bedridden, but now that you’re fine we’ll celebrate your coming of age and announce your engagement.”

Ah, guess I turned 16 while I was unconscious, or well, the old Lianis did. Fiancé? Oh him, guess I’ll have to deal with that quickly.

“Thank you for the reminder. Could I have the room? I’m still feeling weak and tired, and would like some uninterrupted rest.

My mother looks at me with a worried but loving look, before gesturing for everyone to leave the room.

As the door closes I let my head fall back down to the pillow, and start digesting the memories. A 16 year old girl who’s known nothing but the life of a crown princess. Lessons, lessons, more lessons. No friends, no true allies. It seems our father is trying to make us into some sort of a puppet. At least she was somewhat talented in magic. Dual affinities and middle level at 16 isn’t common, but then again not too rare. It seems magic in this world works differently than a few others I’ve been in. You can’t use any external resources, it’s all in understanding and self-enlightenment, as well as your in-born mana pool.

Seems there’s only the 4 elemental affinities, but they can combine into more advanced versions, water into ice. Air into storm. Fire and earth into lava. Looks like the mana pool is linked to the strength of the soul, so I would probably have the strongest mana pool, but that’s something I have to research more.

All my abilities except psionic and enhancements are gone, so the usual. I’m glad all of the cultivation worlds I’ve been to has tied certain abilities to my soul and not body, comes in quite handy.

Anyways. First things first. I have to bait out spies and see who they’re working for, deal with my soon-to-be fiancé, and I guess I need a chat with mother dearest. I need to ask her about getting a tutor in swordsmanship, would be a tiny bit weird if I suddenly became a swordmaster out of nowhere. Well, it’s a start.

9