Chapter 2: Meeting the Demon Queen
800 11 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After leaving the castle grounds, I set out east. This world apparently only has one continent, according to the map I borrowed. The Empire of Pendon is in the middle, and the biggest nation where the main church is located. To the north is the Kingdom of Frost, to the south the Republic, a nation of most races, and to the west is the Forest of Fae. It seems the races do not mingle a lot, as most consider themselves the superior race. Laughable.

I’ve been riding for a couple of days, it seems I can clad my mount in my Aura, enhancing it’s stamina and strength. Normally the trip I have planned would be two weeks, but I’ll be there before sundown.

I don’t know what I was expecting. I think I’m a bit biased from all the isekai fantasy I’ve read. I did actually stumble upon a few bandits, only to reverse the situation and myself becoming the bandit. I got a bit of money and I picked up a sword. It’s an old unmaintained iron sword, but it works for its purpose. I don’t particularly need weapons, as my Combat Aura is quite flexible, and can become a physical substance in any shape I want.

Either way. I guess I was expecting the environment to fit “demons”. Turning to ash, wastelands, barren fields. I was pleasantly surprised to notice none of that was true. All along the road are bountiful fields and vibrant forests. I can tell there’s not a lot of civilization from the “normal” races here, but it’s quite nice. 

I never did quite like the hustle and bustle of the metropolitan cities on Earth. I guess that’s why I ended up where I did. Out in a cabin in the mountains. It was cozy. Hunting, taking in the surroundings, undisturbed by annoying people.

Halt! Who are you, and what are you doing here, human?”

Oh, they’re speaking Demon. I suppose that makes sense. I’m glad I understand the language.

My name is Alienor Tenebris. I’m here to speak to the Demon Queen. Before you start on your “you’re not worthy blah blah blah” rant, I will give you a few options. One, I give you a show of strength and dominate you both. Two, you can get a supervisor to come talk to me. Three, you can deliver my message to the Demon Queen, saving us the hassle and time.”

The demon guards are looking at each other. They look quite human, interesting. I wonder if that’s to placate wayward wanderers, or maybe it’s deception? I mean, I am very much in demon territory. Hm. Oh well, doesn’t matter.

One of the guards leaves to inform someone, I guess. Meanwhile I’ve dismounted the horse and petting it while feeding it the last carrot. I hope I can negotiate for some feed.

After around half an hour the guard comes back, walking behind another demon. This one looks like a stereotypical demon. Slightly red skin, horns protruding from his head. Clawed fingers. And of course, dressed like a fucking butler.

“Good day Miss. My name is Alistor, one of the Demon Generals in service of our Queen.”

Human language? Why? Did the guard not report that I speak Demon?

“Likewise Alistor. I’m Alienor Tenebris. I would love to tell you more about me, but I’m quite certain we should do so in private, as I am sure my information could cause panic to the general population.”

Alistor is eyeing me, and I release a slight Aura of Intimidation and Authority, while forming small tendrils of Combat Aura at the tips of my fingers. I give him a smile before I release my Auras. He returns the smile and motions for me to follow.

“You may leave the horse with the guards, I assure you it will be taken care of.”

“Thank you.”

I leave the reins to one of the guards, and follow Alistor into the forest.

“It’s quite unusual for a human to seek us out, unless they are here to raid. Would you care to tell me why you are seeking our Queen?”

“I suppose it would be, considering the general population views demons as bloodthirsty monsters who eats babies. As for my goals, well. Primarily I am here to learn directly from the source, and form my own opinion before I do anything else.”

“I see. Ah, we have arrived. Step through the portal after me please.”

I cast a glance behind me to confirm my suspicions, and yes. There is some weird spatial fuckery going on. I don’t know the extent of magic yet in this world, but It seems it’s one of the more advanced systems I’ve read about in fiction. I’m quite curious about the limitations and applications, but I guess I’ll have a lot of time in this world to figure it out.

I follow Alistor through the portal, enveloped by a comforting darkness for a moment before arriving on the other side. The first thing I notice is the woman sitting upon an ivory throne. The throne is made out of twisting white wood, creating an artistic masterpiece of nature. From where we stand and towards the raised platform where she sits, lays a dark purple carpet, golden trim running around the outsides. 

The rest of the room is made out of an obsidian like glossy stone. Divided into tiles and squares of different shapes, creating a fitting geometric pattern. Golden chandeliers hanging across the roof, fitted with blue flaming candles. This truly is the typical fantasy version of a Demon Throne Room. I like it.

My Queen, our guest.”

“Thank you Alistor.”

“Why have you come, Human?”

Merely to talk.” I notice Alistors eyes widening in surprise, and the Queen’s face taking on an amused expression. “I suppose the guards forgot to mention we were conversing in Demon.”

“Yes, it seems they did.” 

Her voice is husky and ethereal, like a magical chant made to charm those who listen. As I walk closer I notice her appearance.

Light purple skin, long white hair flowing underneath the crown adorning her head, fitting snugly around her black horns. Her dress a mixture of armour and elegance. Black, but slightly loose cloth draping across her figure. The chest area covered by silver plates, engraved with what I can only assume to be runes. As I move my gaze from her clothes and to her face, I freeze. Her lips a darker shade of purple, plump, moisturized and extremely tantalizing. Her eyes adorned with golden irises, an unfathomable depth and wisdom hidden behind.

The only thought in my mind as I take in her ethereal beauty. I want her in my bed.

Are you done leering?”

My attention snaps back to reality from whatever, extremely pleasing daydream my imagination was heading. I can see her lips arcing into a smug smile, oh she’s going to be fun.

Mmm, what would you do if I say no?”

She lets out a chuckle and I can hear Alistor’s muscles stiffening behind me. I don’t care. He never had my attention, but this woman in front of me. Oh my. How I have missed women. The only disadvantage to living out in no mans land.

I assume you came here for a reason?”

“Indeed I did. I’m already quite pleased.”

The Demon Queen is raising an eyebrow, her expression turning to one of amusement.

Oh, how so?”

“I have yet to address you with respect. Queen, Your Majesty, or any other form of address, yet I have not been chastised for it, unlike the human princess of the Pendon Empire.”

“Oh? You’re telling me you’ve spoken to the princess?”

“Hm? Of course I have?”

Why shouldn’t I have? Oh. Oh. How could I ever make such a blunder. I voluntarily withheld that. It seems her gorgeous, ethereal beauty had more of an effect than I thought.

Sorry. I was too lost in your beauty to notice my blunder. My name is Alienor Tenebris Datsyn, the Summoned Hero.”

I could feel Alistor springing to action behind me, before the Demon Queen raises a hand to placate him.

Now why would the Summoned Hero wander into my domain? Alone. Unarmed. Without even challenging me?”

“Why would I challenge you?”

“Oh? I thought that was your job as a Summoned Hero? Vanquishing the evil Demon Queen plaguing the world.”

Oh I’m already in love. I can’t hold back and I burst out into laughter, seconds go by as I can’t even stand straight and have to place my hands on my knees not to buckle under my unrestrained amusement.

She’s sitting there, waiting patiently for me to laugh. Evil my ass.

I’m sorry. I couldn’t control myself. Indeed I was sent here to “take care of the Demon Queen problem, no matter the cost.” Semantics are quite fun. Alistor, I’m sorry, can I bother you to borrow a knife?”

I turn around to look at Alistor, he’s seeking permission from the Demon Queen. She gives him a nod and he draws forth a small knife from who knows where, before handing it to me.

I take the knife and make a cut across my left hand, before placing it over my heart. I’m glad I asked Datsyn about this.

I swear on my Aura, that the only conquering of the Demon Queen Ar’gazoch I will pursue, is the conquering of her heart and her body in the ways of love and carnal pleasure.

As my oath is complete, I can feel the magic take hold of my heart. If I break this oath, I will lose my Aura, and upon further infractions I will die.

You. You fucking what?”

I can’t hold back a giggle at the Demon Queen’s outburst.

What’s the matter? I was sent here to “take care” of you, wasn’t I?”

 

I give her a smirk and blow her a kiss. Flirting with the Demon Queen? Check. Aah, this is going to be the best Isekai story ever.

54