Chapter 22
621 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Quick A/N: I took a break last weak... That's the reason why there were no chapters, that's all. 

~ Chained neck ~

Narrator POV:

Grimmerin is jumping on rooftops, following the motorcycle that Yang and Neptune are riding on.

She chose these two, simply because of not wanting to follow the Schnee and the White Fang meeting nonsense is just a no for her, even if Blake is the one she can stand the most, so the third and last option was a default.

Besides, she is a tiny bit interested to see who is this 'friend' that Yang mentioned. She also sees that Neptune is not having a great time in the backseat. Grim will have to somehow get to drive on it, while Crystal already drove on one because of some girl, Grim has yet to experience it for herself.

As Grimmerin continues following the two losers, she starts feeling familiarity with the route and place, but she can't put her finger on it. But that quickly changes once she sees them stop and get off of the vehicle.

"Junior's?" Grim thinks for a bit "Right... Crystal never did call the twins... I did say that I will only follow... But I think I could sneak in and get a meeting with those two and maybe schedule something... If Crystal won't use them for entertainment, I might as well do that"

And so with her mind made up, she jumps down from the roof and follows Yang inside the club. As she follows her, she sees Yang ready her gauntlet thingies and punches the door open, ha, nice entrance.

And in the middle of the situation, tho goons that raised their weapons on their blond target, Grimmerin slips past, unnoticed, she saw the twins near the DJ, but they started walking down as soon as they saw Yang enter, so she might as well see where this goes before she talks to them.

"Yeah, so could you define 'friend' for me?" Neptune asks Yang, not receiving any kind of an answer.

"Stop, stop! Nobody shoot" Junior Cuts his way through the crowd of goons, straightening his tie "Blondie, you're here! ...Why?"

"You still owe me a drink" She grabs Junior by the arm and drags him to the bar through the hired guns.

"Whoa-ho-ho-ho, what a woman..." Breaks from his lovestruck staring to see the twins Melanie and Miltia Malachite standing beside him "'Sup?"

Melanie and Miltia, together, harrumph "Whatever" And walk away, noses in the air.

And that's when Grimmerin strikes, quickly capturing them with her tails and spinning them to a corner that's out of view to the two she's following. Both of the twins make startled noises, not expecting to be grabbed, tightly, but somehow softly.

They get their bearings from being disoriented and look at the person who grabbed them, only to see somebody that they don't remember at first, due to the red tails, but after a few moments, they do remember this Faunus, the one who didn't call either of them in months.

"Well, look who it is, what? Did your scroll break and you couldn't call? No... Because you could've shown up then... So? What are you doing here?" Melanie asks arrogantly.

"Red tails... I liked the silver ones better" Miltia quietly mutters to herself, of course, Grimmerin easily picks it up, but she doesn't comment on it... Okay, let's act... or at least try to act like Crystal. There's no need for them to know that she isn't her, too much of a hassle.

"Ah, sorry girls, I enrolled into Beacon... The place is quite hectic, didn't have much free time, my bad"

The twins look at the Faunus uncertain, then Miltia quietly asks "There still should be time... To at least call, shouldn't it?"

Grim would really like to click her tongue right now, if it were Crystal she wouldn't lie... She'd just be honest, fine, let's try a little bit harder.

"Okay... I... Uh... Kinda forgot, because of Beacon instead of not having free time..." Which Crystal did, somewhat, besides she barely calls her sex partners, she just waits for them to do it since she knows that they will most likely try to get with her again.

"Ugh... Seriously? How can you forget about us? I mean look at us, where else can you find amazing twins such as us?" Melanie asks somewhat annoyed, not only did she get a lower score than her sister, that she came to terms with, but now she hears that she and her sister were forgotten, that's just stupid. Miltia simply nods in agreement to her sister's rant.

"Good point... You are quite appealing, but things sometimes just slip your mind, you know?" Grim tries to sound and look as apologetic as Crystal would, but she barely pulls it off, she really doesn't like to apologize... Especially for something she had no control over, so it's like a quadruple negative.

The twins again look at the Faunus, the one in the white dress with a scrutinizing glare, while the one in a red dress, just with a glare, no scrutiny involved. But both of them just sigh after a moment "Okay, fine, so, you still didn't answer my last question, why are you here now?"

"Well, I was in the area... And I thought, why not talk to you two... So how about we schedule a date for the near future, a triple one, with both of you? Hmm?"

"With... The both of us?" Miltia asks slightly confused, but that gets quickly shut down by her own sister.

"Of course, Miltia, if a person can't handle both of us, that means they aren't worthy to be with either of us. So this is a great offer"

"Well said" Grim adds, actually liking the slight arrogance, she can't wait to destroy it, aaah, she can already foresee it... She might even use her own sister to break that confidence... This is going to be great. Crystal would have sex with them both instantly... But Grim likes to tease and play with her prey, so it will take a while, but it will happen.

"Um... Okay, I agree" Miltia answers after thinking for a bit "Great, as do I" Melanie adds.

"Sweet, so when are you two free?" Grim asks.

"Well, we are 'somewhat' like bodyguards for Junior..." Miltia trails on.

"Ah, screw him, it's boring to be here all the time, besides we never take free days, so might as well just take... Two whole weeks" Melanie says nonchalantly.

"Two weeks?" Miltia asks her sister.

"Obviously... the date won't last that long, but it's not like we will tell him why we want free days, we will lie about the reason, so why not leech off more free days?"

"Again, well said" Grimmerin agrees again, but that's partly because she'd never actually work for somebody, either people work for her, or she does everything alone.

"well, there you go, anyway, so we can be free at any time, so we could do it tomorrow even" Melanie says turning her attention back to Grimmerin, even if both of the twins still assume that they are talking to Crystal, maybe if they knew her better, they could tell that something's wrong, but as they are now, they can't, which works out great for Grim.

"Hmm... I got something going on at the moment... Then there's the Vytal festival, but good for me, I can't compete in it, because I don't have a team, so why not, a day before it starts and then if it goes well, we can try out a few more dates?"

"The festival... It's quite a while till it begins... But I am okay with that" Miltia answers, thinking out loud "Plenty of time to prepare" then she mutters to herself, which only Grim picks up, even if her own sister is closer to her.

"I'll have to wait so long... Ugh, fine, I agree too, but you'd better show up, or call us, none of this 'forgetting' business, you understand?" Melanie demands with a raised head. Haaah, that confidence is going to be a treat to vanquish... But it's still too little... Might as well try to raise it during the date. Hiding her smirk behind a patient smile, the Faunus answers.

"Of course, won't happen again, besides, I am also excited about the date, this will be my first date with twins, after all, I wouldn't miss it for anything" Well, it's a first for Grim, but not for Crystal, she has even slept with triplets before, how'd she manage to find them, is beyond Grim, but it's like horny people just flock to her.

"Good, we are also the best" Melanie arrogantly comments herself and her sister.

"Of course... Any-" Grim spots Yang and Neptune leaving the club, seems her time has run out "Ahem, anyway, I will be going now, something came up"

The twins blink at that statement "Won't be staying for a drink?" Miltia asks, as Grim goes to answer, Melanie asks another question.

"Something came up?... How do you exactly know that? No scroll call, no person to come to say it, you didn't even check the time, you just looked... behind us..." Melanie says the end slowly, turning around, to see the Blondie leaving...

"Huh..." She turns around to face the Faunus "I get it..."

"Uh... You do?"

"Yep, yep... You're following those two, for whatever reason..."

"I... Uh... Might be doing that" Grimmerin answers slowly.

"I would be annoyed, because you weren't here for us to begin with, if not for them coming here, this conversation wouldn't be happening... But we did schedule a date together and I don't want to ruin that... So because of that... You'll be paying for both of us for the entirety of the date... And possibly future dates as an apology"

Grimmerin eye almost twitches, she understands that Crystal screwed up by forgetting about these two, she isn't taking fault for her own lies, obviously... She looks at the twins, Miltia's face also got confident after understanding the whole situation... So the Faunus just gives up... She should've just said that she was Grimmerin and controlled this whole conversation, but noooo... she just had to act.

"Fine, ladies, I will agree to that, now... I gotta go, I'll call you... Byee!" Grimmerin quickly leaves the two standing in place, without giving them a chance to say anything in return. And so, the Faunus escaped the two, money ripping off demons, but she has plenty of it... She did steal quite a lot from those dead soldiers after all, so might as well put the dead money back into economic circulation.

Grim got held up a little, but she got out of the club just as Yang and Neptune got back on the motorcycle, so she waits for them to move so she can jump on the roof, but Yang gets a call, so Grimmerin enhances her hearing, so she can eavesdrop. But it seems she didn't really need to do that, since she hears Sun screaming about a big, big, big robot.

But because she enhanced her hearing, she hears the robot running through the streets, way before Yang and Neptune spot it, but because she doesn't want to be seen, she has to wait for them to start moving instead of jumping on ahead.

"Where are you guys?" Asks Yang.

Right on cue, behind them, Blake and Sun can be seen running through the street with the Paladin hot on their heels before they all disappear from view.

Sun both in person and on the Scroll screams "HURRYYYY!!!"

"I think that was them" Neptune comments.

Grim rolls her yes muttering to herself "Yeah, no shit"

"Yeah, I got it" Says Yang, putting the Scroll away, she quickly circles her ride around, much to Neptune's alarm, and drives off to follow them. Finally allowing Grim to easily move again, she jumps up on the roof and starts running after the robot, and she doesn't need to use any of her senses, since she can literally see it, as it is as big as the buildings, making her job easier.

"Great..." Grimmerin mutters annoyed, they just had to go on the bridge, now she has to run on it, instead of jumping the rooftops, which is so much easier, well she might as well jump over the cars, if only she could ride a vehicle like Yang, it'd be great.

As Grimmerin runs behind Yang and Neptune, she sees Neptune jumping up from the motorcycle and leaping on the Robot... Well don't mind her then, Grimmerin smirks and quickly jumps on the backseat of the motorcycle, startling Yang.

Yang throws a quick look back "Grimmerin?"

"Heya, blondie, eyes on the road, before you break this beauty" Grim pats the motorcycle.

"Right..." Yang does just that, still slightly confused on why the Faunus is riding with her.

"Ah, finally getting to feel like Crystal, and I gotta say, it feels awesome, you don't mind if I steal it, right?"

"What?! Of course, I do it's mine" Yang shouts back.

"Yeah, well I did say 'steal' right? Not borrow... Stealing is taking something that's not yours and making it yours after all"

"You... aren't serious, right?" Yang asks.

"I know that you don't know me all that well... Or at all for that matter, but I am always serious"

"I... Uh... Can lend it to you?" Yang tries to bargain.

"Oooh, how sweet, a gift, I love free stuff" Grimmerin cooes exaggeratedly.

"Yeah... free..." Yang sighs and refocuses her attention on the robot and her team, she doesn't see Sun and Neptune anywhere, because of Grim she missed them getting knocked off of the bridge.

Grimmerin while excited to drive on the motorcycle is still somewhat bored, so she takes her fingers, looks at Yang's curvaceous body, and starts poking it.

"W-what are you doing?"

Grim doesn't answer and continues poking her, she pokes the back, the sides, the neck, the waist.

"Stop that!" Yang says slightly irritated.

"Stop what?" Grimmerin asks innocently, as she pokes the blondie's head.

"THAT!" Yang shouts back, as her eyes turn red for a split second.

"I don't understand" Grim pokes the head again and the back at the same time.

"Ugh!" Yang grunts "Here, take the front, drive it, stop it and keep it safe" Yang starts getting up so she could jump off of the motorcycle.

"Oooh, look at that, just annoy somebody and they will give you their things, how easy"

"No, that's not what I am doing, you anno-" Grim throws a glare at Yang, Yang realizing what she was about to say, breathes out and tries to calm herself "The Robot got thrown out of the ledge by Weiss's ice, so I am going down there to help my team, so keep this 'beauty' safe, because if it breaks, neither of us will get to use it..." Yang says and starts getting in position to jump off, but not before muttering "Which is just nonsense that I have to share it, to begin with" And after she jumps off.

"Hey!" Grimmerin shouts at her, but it's too late "Amazing, I am a babysitter now... Fantastic and it's for a vehicle..." Grim looks at the motorcycle again "On second thought, it's definitely better than babysitting a loudmouth kid, so I'll take it"

"Now... Thank the Grimm that Crystal has some knowledge of how to drive this thing because if she didn't, I'd crash it anyways... Okay, let's stop it, slowly... slowly..." Grim concentrates "Slowly... Too slow, shit" Grim panics and barely avoids a car "Phew... Nothing happe-" She stops midway, only to see that the side that holds the front tire together, got some of it broken off "Seriously? Ugh" Grim groans and finally stops the motorcycle, getting off of it and taking a harder look at the damage.

Grim tsks after examining it "Well, don't worry, sometimes scars improve a beauty's beauty, so this battle scar is quite sexy and if the previous owner won't like it... We can just cover it up with a tattoo or something, those are always nice, right?" Grimmerin pats the motorcycle affectionately, she shakes her head and turns to look down at the fight between team RWBY and the paladin.

"Ooh, those are some fancy and flashy moves" Grim comments on the action with some boredom in her voice.

"Damn, look at Blake go, slicing through those missiles like they were human bodies"

"Ha, that's what you get, blondie, leaving me here with your... Mine motorcycle, come on, Paladin, smack her, yes, yes... Ugh, so close. But that punch from Yang, destroyed that whole robot arm, quite the power"

"Oh wow, Weiss is actually doing something... I must be dreaming, I hope Blake misses that swing and Yang just crashes into the ground or someth- Nevermind, of course, Blake wouldn't miss and hit the paladin straight in the... Jaw? Do those have jaws... Whatever"

Grimmerin sees Roman stand up and clean his robes, she looks at his head, more precisely the hat... Why does Crystal want that thing so badly? Just as she thinks that her head starts getting uncomfortable.

"Come on, that thing is ugly" She says out loud. Her head continues to be uncomfortable "Fine... It's... No, I can't, it's horrendous" The uncomfortable feeling in her head stops, she blinks "What is 'horrendous'?"

"Uh... It's really, really, ba- I mean, good, it's great, yes" There's a pause.

"Okay, it means bad" Just as Grim says that she gets ready for another uncomfortable feeling, but it doesn't show up. "Phew..."

Grimmerin refocuses on the 'battle', only to see somebody very familiar... Pink and Brown hair... the 10/10 girl that Crystal saw... No way, she works for Roman? Grimmerin enhances her hearing and sight.

"Always a pleasure! Neo, if you would..."

"Neo..." Grim mutters, her head feels happy "Well I am glad you like her name, it's alright" The head gets uncomfortable again "Seriously, stop that" And it stops, somewhat reluctantly.

The pink-and-brown girl curtsies her enemies with a bow and Yang charges forth with fists raised to strike the outlaws... only to break their image as if made out of a mirror and turn just in time to see them escape in a Bullhead. The rest of team RWBY runs up to Yang's side, now cooled down with the end of the fight.

"So I guess he got a new henchman..." Yang says to her team.

"Yeah, I guess she really made our plans... fall apart!"

While Weiss smiles, Ruby giggles and Blake starts walking away, Yang simply states "No. Just... no"

Weiss with offense in her voice "What- But, you do it!"

"There's a time and a place for jokes"

"Was this not it?"

"No, it just wasn't very good" Yang follows Blake.

Weiss starts walking with her teammates "Well, at least I'm trying!"

"Wait... Where are Sun and Neptune?" Ruby asks nobody in particular.

As Grimmerin watches team RWBY small talk and walk away, she thinks back on Neo and her attire, everything looked just as Crystal saw her the first time... But there was one key difference.

"Why does she have a chain around her throat, like some prisoner? She didn't have that before... Is it some new fashion or something?"

After that thought she looks at RWBY, then back at the bike... Did the blondie forget about the motorcycle?

"Ha, losers losers, finders keepers" And she gets back on it and starts driving it slowly around Vale, eventually she'll get back to Beacon.

"Chains... Why?" Grim mutters softly in confusion.

~ End of Chapter 22 ~

22