Chapter 29
556 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~ Vixen Dates Twins, the beginning. ~

Narrator POV:

The next day, after an intruder in the Cross Continental Transmit System tower, or CCTS tower for short.

Grimmerin was called to Headmaster Ozpin's office, alongside Ruby, for a hearing.

But Grim was a no-show, as she didn't care to help them... Nor that they would've asked for it, they'd probably try to capture her or something.

And it's not like she needs to be there, she will know the entirety of their conversation anyway.

Just the same way she knows how Little Sister was called in, to begin with. She has tiny microphones put on pretty much everybody. There's more than one on Glynda, another few on Ruby, and many other people, both of the important and unimportant kinds.

Unfortunately due to Cinder's arrow which disappeared too soon, Ironwood's hand didn't touch hers, thus she had no such opportunity with the Atlas General, but you can't have it all.

No, instead of all that nonsense, Grim is holding Crystal's scroll in her hands as she thinks about what to do.

While she pokes and scrolls around in the scroll, she sees the Malachite twins' number pass by which makes her pause for a tiny bit.

And so, with a nod to herself, she scrolls back and calls it.

Several seconds pass by and eventually, it gets picked up. Loud and barely listenable music is the first thing that the Fox Faunus hears.

"Well, it's about time, Crystal"

Grim hears the arrogant voice of one of the twins, Melanie Malachite.

"Yes, yes, your sister with you?"

"Oh, so just going to jump over that topic?" Melanie doesn't answer the Faunus's question.

But then Grim hears a quiet voice behind Melanie say "Mel"

"Fine" Melanie states after she got 'berated' by her sister, even though it was just one short word "Well as you've probably heard, yes Mil is with me"

"Good. Make yourselves free for two days, we are going out. I will meet you at Junior's club in an hour. See you"

And just as the Faunus finished proclaiming the information to the twins, she hung up on the call leaving the two twins being unable to answer and possibly refuse if they had anything else to do today.

An hour and sixteen minutes later, at the entrance of Junior's.

Grim who is leisurely walking on the roofs of buildings has finally made it to the club.

From up above she can see the twins standing outside at the entrance. The one with the white dress, Melanie, is clearly annoyed and is tapping her foot impatiently. Miltia, the one with the red dress, is less showy about her feelings, but she is most likely annoyed too... Just less than her twin sister.

The Faunus jumped down from the roof, landing right in front of the twins.

And after a second of surprised gasps from the twins, Melanie goes off on the late Faunus.

Her finger starts flying around as she starts pointing it in all possible directions and at Grim.

"You're late. You're really taking this lightly, huh? Daring to make us wait even after forgetting about us, you should be happy that we waited and didn't just leave after such multiple acts of insolence"

"I agree with some of that" Miltia says too less than pleased, but she also adds "Cool entrance though"

"Thank you, I had to show up stylishly" Grim says to Militia.

"Hey, hey, hey! Don't ignore me" Melanie states, jumping right in front of the Faunus's face.

"I am not. On the opposite, I am glad that you two are excited about the date that you two waited for me"

"Yeah? Then why make us wait? Because by your logic you're not all that 'excited' about it"

Grim pulls out an innocent smile, an equivalent to Crystal's "I did it so I could see if you were excited about it"

Melanie opens her mouth, but no sound comes out from it and her index finger is still in the air pointing at the Faunus.

After a moment of that, her arms cross together and she just harumphs at Grim, her head turning to the side arrogantly.

Miltia seeing the end of the conversation directs a question to the Faunus.

"What have you planned for today?"

"Huh?" Grim blinks several times at the question which made her attention switch from the confidant twin to the polite one "I have nothing"

Melanie who wasn't looking at the Faunus previously, turned her head back immediately whence she heard Grim say that "Then why would you call us today?!" She loudly exclaimed her foot tapping in displeasure.

"Well... I thought you two could show me around Vale since I am not from here. I barely know any place here. Beacon and Junior's club are the only two that I can remember the way to"

"Ugh!" Lets out an annoyed Melanie.

"It's okay we can show you around" Milita says patiently.

"Well, thank you"

"Fine, let's go. Oh and stop adding 'club' to Junior's, its name is just Junior's" Melanie states to the Faunus.

"Ah, I see. Junior's Club is just a Club of Junior's, thus he named it Junior's, Club naming is quite intricate" Grim muses out loud.

Melanie looks blankly at the Faunus "Whatever" she starts moving after letting that out. Miltia follows after her sister instantly.

Grim seeing her dates moving on also starts walking, quickly catching up to the two.

"How come you two are so excited about this anyway? What, are there no people that want you, thus nobody asks you out?"

The twins stop in place.

"Really?" Comes out of both of their mouths at the same time.

"What?" Grim lets out confused, being forced to stop as well.

"Really, 'what?'? Why would you ask something like that?" The twin wearing the white dress says.

"I am just curious" Grim states casually.

"Yeah, well, have you heard of the saying 'Curiosity killed the cat'? Not everything should be said... Especially something like that"

"No, never heard of it. And how can a mental concept of 'curiosity' kill a physical being?"

Melanie's mouth stays open yet again, but this time instead of her arms crossing together, one of them instead raises to her face and her fingers go right between the bridge of her nose.

"You know what? Nevermind. If you gotta know, we are 'excited' about this because this is the first time somebody asked both of us at the same time... At least somebody that we both can hang out with"

Miltia, slightly surprised by her sister actually taking the time to answer such a question, joins in.

"We are quite picky with people. In the club, there are a lot of people that 'ask' us out, most of them, however, are not serious about it and just want to hook up. Which is way beneath us"

"Not to mention that even if we are twins and share similar traits, we are not the same people. Our tastes in others differ greatly. Mil only likes women, so when a man asks her or us, it's an instant refusal. And I swing both ways, but when a man asks for me, there's no way I would accept and leave Mil alone, ever. And when a woman asks me, most of the time they ask only me and never Mil or us together, thus we don't get to 'go out' on dates all that much" Melanie takes over for her sister.

"I see... When I asked you two out Miltia was 'thrown' off by it, so at first, I thought that it was because I asked you two at the same time. But that quickly made no sense, as there's no way it wouldn't happen often. Especially since you spend most of your time in a club and a lot of people would want to sleep with twins in a threesome. And your answer just confirmed that. Though I am surprised that apparently, no women want you together... I wonder why that is"

"Probably because we are creatures filled with jealousy and possessive feelings just flow in our veins. So unlike men who would gladly accept having a threesome, women only want one of us all for themselves" Melanie states her speculations simply.

"I guess... But that doesn't make much sense to me" Grim answers back bored.

"Why? You're not jealous or possessive?" Melanie asks.

"Well... Can't say about the possessive part. But I am definitely not jealous, such a feeling doesn't exist for me and never did"

"Oh-o? And how come that's the case?" the twin wearing white continues asking. the twin wearing red continues on listening and she's content with doing just that.

"Medical experts or something like that would probably have some over stupidly intelligent explanation. But to me it's simple. Why restrict yourself to one thing and be jealous of that thing? When you can just have it all and be happy about it"

"Someone's quite greedy. I like it" Melanie comments with a cheeky smile.

"Greedy huh? Sure, I guess. Anyway, you mentioned being picky, then what was it that made you two accept a date with me?" Grim continues on with the previous topic instead of getting into talking about herself.

"It was your rating system that caught our attention" Miltia finally says something.

"Yeah, it was way too ridiculous of a thing that we wanted to know more about you.  And shooting down Junior without mercy was great too, but that's more of a reason for me" Melanie adds "Oh and, you'd better be sure that I am raising that number higher, no way am I staying a six"

Grim pauses before saying anything as something that the confident twin said had caught her attention.

Is that why Crystal is a magnet for sex? Because those women want to raise their 'ratings'? Even the twins got interested in her because of it. Huh. She'll have to think about it more later.

"I see. Well, then why don't we get on with our date? Does Vale have anything... Interesting? So we could do something" Grim says after the pause.

"Well, there's a cinema we can go watch a movie" Miltia answers the Faunus.

Grim thinks for a bit then answers "Why not" She hasn't seen a movie before after all, o who knows maybe she'll like it.

Well, she has seen a movie at least when she wasn't the one in control. but even when it was Crystal in control, most of the time during the mid-point of the movie, whoever she was there with, they had started making out and playing at sex, so it never was about the movie.

And so the twins lead the way towards the cinema of Vale, while the trio makes small talk. Of course, it's mostly Melanie talking, Grim sometimes answering and Miltia staying quiet, pitching in on rare occasions.

Fifteen minutes, or so, later.

The trio stands inside a big building filled with people and posters of many different kinds.

Grim actually intrigued walks closer to some of the posters to check them out making the twins follow after her for the first time.

"Extermination Two: The return of the Grimm?" Grim reads out loud while looking at one of the posters.

"Haven't seen the first one?" Melanie asks excitedly.

"No" Grim answers simply, not wanting to get into the topic of her not seeing any movie, to begin with.

"Oh man, you're missing out. The first one is so good. The second one, this one, isn't as good, but most sequels don't live up to their predecessors. But it's still great, we can go see it"

"Huh... What's it about?" Grim asks, if one of her 'dates' hypes it up, it must be at least decent.

"Well, the first movie was made with the story of Grimm being vanquished once and for all. It was supposed to be a stand-alone movie... But because of its success they made a second one which was completely unnecessary as the story was already finished in the first one. I mean, of course, the one was going to be a massive success Like everybody already hopes that Grimm would just disappear and all that. So it's the fault of the directors and producers for not setting up a proper start for a sequel... Anyway, the second one is about the return of the Grimm just like the title says, and this time? They set up for the third movie"

"And... That is supposed to be interesting?" Grim blankly asks, she doesn't see anything great with either the first movie or the second one from the short introduction to it.

"Of course it is. But words don't carry just how great the movies and their visuals are, you have to see them"

"Right... What about that one then?"

"Which one?" Melanie asks.

"This one" Grim points at another poster and reads it out loud right after "Creature of Safety Companionship"

"Oh, that one... Yeah, it's boring" Melanie states casually.

"Hey!" Suddenly Miltia exclaims loudly.

"Don't begin, Mil. It's a boring mess and you know it" Melanie says not wanting to get into it.

"Oh yeah?" Miltia lets out seeming confident for the first time since the Faunus has seen her.

"Well, your action-packed thing" Miltia adds extra emphasis on the word 'thing' and then continues "Is a plot-hole riddled infestation of an over-rated mess. CSC is a masterpiece, while that nonsense belongs in the category of - it should have never been created - "

"What did you just say?" Melanie gets right in front of her sister's face. Her eye twitching multiple times in irritation.

"You heard me"

The two glare at each other. Both not backing down on it. And thus, Melanie goes off on her sister.

"Should have never been created? Well CSC should have never been even thought of at all! Extermination is a sight to behold, while CSC should stand for 'Can Sleep Continuously' instead of its actual name because that's what everybody does when watching that nonsense. How can you even like it? It's so pathetic that even Grimm would die out of boredom if they laid their eyes on it"

Miltia grits her teeth as her favorite movie continues to get insulted.

"Well, Extermination should do as its name implies and exterminate itself from existence. The only thing it has going for is that it relies on adrenaline rushes from its viewers for its enjoyment. It has no other emotion going for it. CSC is pure emotion. filled with happiness, sadness, tragedy, existentialism, and an ability to make the viewer think, and it has so many other things going for it, but I won't continue as it would undermine Extermination even further" Miltia throws an insult back at Melanie's favorite movie.

Melanie snorts at her sister's words.

"Yeah right, the only thought people have after they have watched CSC is: What was the movie about again? I have no idea since I fell asleep at the seven-minute mark. While the same couldn't be said for Extermination as the audience's thoughts traveled as far as making the creators create a sequel for it... Oh yeah, Extermination has a sequel unlike CSC because nobody wants one for it. Face it, Mil, CSC is the incarnation of bad"

Miltia grits her teeth even harder, as she tries to think up some sort of a rebuttal against her sister.

But it just doesn't arrive, either to her mind or to her sister's ears. Thus Melanie smirks smugly.

"What? can't defend your pride and joy? Of course not, you already know that it's not good and can't even match up to Extermination" Melanie rubs her victory to her sister.

"Ladies, ladies" The Faunus finally says something, interrupting the fighting sisters and effectively getting their attention.

"While it's quite a sight seeing you two tear each other's throats like that... How about me continue on with our date?"

The twins look at the Faunus and then both get red in their tips from embarrassment.

Melanie clears her throat "Yes, we shall do that"

"Good" Grim nods "Miltia, why don't you tell me what this 'CSC' is about? And no word from you Melanie, she stayed quiet while you talked about Extermination to me"

Melanie rolls her eyes with her arms crossed "Fine"

Miltia with a subtle smile starts enthusiastically talking about her favorite movie.

"It's about a Pro Huntress who's been on hundreds of missions and has slain five amounts more Grimm. During a particuliar moment, a mission of hers goes awry and... Something happens, but basically she gets into a position of being stuck in a place of solitude. In which one other being has made its way into. That creature is a creature of Grimm, a Beowolf to be exact. Now, the Huntress is injured, almost fatally. But still, when she lays her eyes on the Grimm, she readies her weapon and semblance to defend herself... But no attack comes from the creature, in fact, she can't feel any murderous intent from it, which is a surprise for her, as this is the first time after many years something like this happens. She as a Pro Huntress, over the years, has got a knack when it comes to feeling others intent to hurt her or somebody in general. Apprehensively she lowered her weapon but didn't fully release her grasp on it. Over the coming hours, she stared at the beast as it stared back at her, neither moving from their spot"

Miltia pauses for a bit to breathe in and to also check if, who she assumes to be Crystal, is still paying attention to her, as she clearly felt her sister walk away to look around the place due to getting bored midway through her explanation. And Grim is still listening, thus with her smile getting more visible and less subtle, she continues.

"The huntress seeing that the beast wasn't attacking her stopped holding the weapon, in clear view of the Grimm at least. She would never trust an emotionless and soulless monster after all. However, problems continued to arise for her. Because of her injuries still being there and being unable to be taken care of by her Aura. Her Aura not being as powerful as it once was, due to her age and her continuous usage of it over the years. She also had no food or water with her. So she was getting weaker by the minute. At one point she was so weak and tired that she didn't notice the Grimm finally move from its spot as she had closed her eyes, but it wasn't going for her but instead for the exit. Eventually, the Huntress did notice that the monster has left and didn't do anything to her while she was out of it, so she stopped putting any energy into defending herself as she thought that it must've just gotten bored of her and decided to leave for good... But to her massive shock-filled surprise, the Grimm came back and brought a lot of food and water from somewhere and the surprise wasn't over for the pro-Huntress because the monster slowly and steadily slid all of the resources to the human. Then over time the two bond. Then something happened after another something, which was resolved by the first something and something, something... And, and" Miltia breathes in.

"S-something very, very sad happens and... And it's just so sad... It's such a good movie" The red-wearing twin sniffs as she finishes explaining, sighing right after.

Grim looks at the emotional twin very carefully and a great idea pops into her mind. So while her beautiful face shows off a patient and warm smile, her inner look is far eviler.

"Sound quite interesting... What's with all the 'somethings' though?" The Faunus asks finally after a minute of silence.

The white dress-wearing twin sister catching from far away that the Faunus has finally opened her mouth quickly makes her way back to the duo as she realized that her sister has finished with her lengthy nonsense.

"I didn't want to say too many spoilers and left it vague" Miltia explains calmly, having had enough time to reset herself.

"Spoilers?" Grim asks with her head rotated sideways.

Miltia blinks, and her sister, who's back, asks back confused.

"You don't know what 'spoilers' mean?"

Grim pausing for a moment, realizing that she may have just asked something idiotic decides to change the topic and start enacting her plans.

"Well, thank you for your introduction to the movie. But I think I want to see Extermination more, maybe we can watch CSC next time?"

"Wha-" Miltia lets out shocked.

While her sister smugly and loudly snorts.

And then with a mocking-sounding voice says "You see Mil? Even with your long and passionate explanation, Extermination is an inherently more interesting movie than CSC even with my considerably shorter and casual explanation"

Miltia looks at her smug sister and chooses not to say anything back, she then turns her attention to the Faunus and filled with disappointment answers her with one word "Okay"

"Great, let's go!" Melanie states loudly, still high off of her victory. And starts walking towards the ticket booth as she leads the way.

Grim still with her plans in mind, doesn't say anything as she passes the still standing Miltia and follows after Melanie.

Miltia who was really disappointed that her movie wasn't chosen stood there for several seconds, before shaking her head and then nodding it once while muttering 'next time', and walking towards her sister and the Faunus who are already standing in a short line at the ticket booth.

However, Melanie being impatient with the slow-moving line leaves it and starts casually walking to the beginning of it... Grim who was sharing her feeling inside quickly follows after her. Miltia who was just normally waiting was slow in following after the two as she didn't expect it. She didn't know that her sister always cuts long or even 'middle' length lines all the time while waiting for movies... Because the movies are one of the few times that the sisters separate from each other, their tastes differ too greatly to ever decide on a movie to watch together.

When Miltia finally makes her way to the duo of her sister and Grim, she sees a guy, with his butt on the ground, looking angrily at her sister and a girl kneeling beside him looking worried.

However, Melanie isn't even looking back at him as she starts talking to the startled ticket-seller.

"Three tickets to Extermination Two: The Return of The Grimm"

"T-that'd b-be N-nine-hundred Lien, ma'am" The cashier says with pauses as she keeps glancing at the butthurt man who has stood up and is still looking pissed at the, now, trio. The other people in the line aren't looking that good either.

"Here you go" Melanie goes to pay, but is stopped by Grim at the last second.

"Didn't you say that I will have to pay for everything today when we last met?"

Melanie thinks for a bit and then smiles "Yes, yes I did indeed say that. well, go on then" She arrogantly commands stepping to the side.

Grim, who is purposefully letting the other be so arrogant as she's still acting like Crystal, steps up to the cashier "2/10" Quickly comes out of her mouth, making the cashier even more confused but the Faunus doesn't elaborate about what just happened and instead continues to give her the asked Lien. The ticket-seller takes it after a slight moment of daze, and then quickly gives them three tickets as the crowd behind the trio is getting rowdier and rowdier by the second.

And just as Grim was about to move away with the tickets in hand, Melanie loudly and quite obviously on purpose says to the Faunus "Oh, and be a dear and get me and Mil two boxes of popcorn" Which gets massive and irritated groans from the people in the line.

Grim who sees immediately what the white dress-wearing twin is doing agrees with a smile.

And so, with a loud, boasting, and charming voice she says to the cashier.

"Give me four boxes of popcorn and make sure they are the best boxes you've ever seen. My beautiful twin dates deserve the best after all, unlike these other cheap little girls... Oh and if you make sure that the boxes are truly the best, I will pay ten times the amount they cost, and I hope you're as smart as you're beautiful, the leftover Lien is yours as a tip"

The young cashier, who's working a part-time job, blushes and gets red-faced, nobody compliments her at least so openly. And with the promise of so much extra Lien, the girl smiles bashfully and earnestly says "Okay, ma'am!"

The rest of the crowd, who were almost at their breaking point by now, were seemingly forgotten by the cashier who was promised a lot of money.

While the charmed young girl is picking the best popcorn to put into the boxes... By hand nonetheless, she has turned off the popcorn-making machine to do that, she's wearing a paper glove of course. So she takes a big handful and inspects most of the popcorn kernels and puts in the best-looking ones.

Everybody in the crowd is left bewildered by what just happened... Of course, several people have had enough of it all, however just as they were about to move and start complaining, they get stopped by Melanie doing something before their very sight.

The confident twin, quickly gets closer to Grim and hugs her with fake cheerfulness, she opens her mouth but for a split second, she pauses and doesn't say anything.

But that pause was negligible in the eyes of the annoying audience. So none of them even had a reaction to it.

"O-ooh, D-darling you're so good to me and my sister, too good, we don't deserve somebody so great" Says Melanie with some shakiness at the beginning because of what she felt when she hugged Grim. She then haughtily laughs out loud and resumes her act "I asked only for two boxes and you went far and beyond by ordering twice the amount and you even promised to give the cashier so much extra. You're soo Generous, my loooove!"

The crowd stands bewildered once more as they witness such a scene.

However, Melanie, wanting to quickly leave Grim's body tries to step back... But unexpectedly and to her peril, she feels arms hug her back and then a sweet-sounding voice next to her ears.

"Oh, it's nothing, my love. The two of you are worth it and so much more. If you asked me to rent the whole cinema for today for you two, I would've done it for a whole week instead. You two are so amazing after all" Grim tells loudly for everybody to hear.

While the crowds who are still annoyed watch the scene with confused feelings inside them. Melanie tries to smile to show off the act, somewhat succeeding in doing so. She feels really uncomfortable in Grim's arms at the moment and she has no idea why, but it has to have something to do with the dreadful feeling she got when she touched the Faunus.

Miltia was the other only person besides her twin to notice that feeling of dread and she almost pulled out her weapon to prepare for a fight... Who is she kidding? A fight? No, it would've been lucky if the two even managed to think of escaping. At least that's how the feeling made her feel.

When Melanie grabbed onto Grim, the Faunus released so much hateful, so much dreadful aura that the two twins almost fainted from fear. But they held on because it only lasted for a split second.

The Faunus released the arrogant twin from her grasp and then turned around to the Cashier who was actually almost ready with the boxes, only the top of the fourth one is left.

After half a minute more, the popcorn boxes were finished and so the Cashier quickly carried them to the trio to give them to them.

Melanie and Miltia were going to pick two boxes each, even if they didn't need so much they won't let it go to waste.

However, only Miltia picked the boxes she was going for as the Faunus took the other two that Melanie was going for with one arm, her fingers, index, and thumb, holding them tightly.

Then she leaves the Lien for the cashier with her other hand, who looks at the amount with awe, that's like eighty percent of her monthly salary.

Grim leaves the line, the two twins following after her.

But before they get far, something else happens.

The man who was pushed out of the way by the line-cutting twin, angry from how everything happened right now, pokes his leg out, secretly, to trip Miltia, as she was the last in the trio and had boxes of popcorn blocking some of her visible view.

But what he didn't expect was to trip himself while trying to do so, embarrassing himself. The crowd's irritation disappears almost immediately when they see such a scene from behind they start laughing out loud. The accumulated stress and anger from before allowing them to ease into laughing quickly when they see it happen as some sort of messed-up realization for their pent-up emotions.

Even the guy's lady friend is trying not to chuckle openly with her hand hiding her mouth.

But the man isn't paying attention to it, as he is confused... Just how did he miss tripping somebody? He can swear that he felt something hard hit his feet making him fall again.

And he was right, he indeed feel something... And that was the Faunus' tails, that quickly attacked his legs, only enough to maybe leave a bruise later.

Well the girl beside him having had enough of chuckling at her boyfriend's expense, empathetically bends down getting her arms around his shoulders to help him get up.

The boyfriend gets up easier thanks to his girl's help, he thanks her. And they finally step up to the cashier... Again for the second time.

"Give us two tickets to the Extermination Two: The Return of the Grimm" The man says.

The girl who was with him immediately looked at him confused "B-but we agreed to go to see Creature of Safety Companionship" She says.

"I... Yeah, but... We can watch it right after this one, okay?" The boy directs his attention and tells the girl with as much charm as he can muster, trying to hide why he did what he did from her.

"...Okay..." The girl lets out with disappointment, maybe she should've gone with her mother and have had some daughter and mom time between the two.

The trio made it to the entrance of the hall where their movie was set in were about to enter inside.

However, Grim had something to say... To one twin in specific.

"Miltia" The Faunus calls out turning around to face the quiet twin and stopping in place.

"Yes?" The twin answers Grim, also stopping. Melanie feeling the two having stopped, stops herself in wait.

"Why don't you go ahead and secure us seats? I have something to ask about the movie to your sister" Grim says while giving away the tickets to her.

Miltia looks confusedly at the Faunus and then at her sister after taking the tickets, but then she nods and walks ahead.

Melanie's head follows her sister as she enters the hall and just as she was about to turn it back to face the Faunus, it stops in place as she feels two soft things encircling it.

Those soft things are none other than the two red tails of the Fox Faunus.

Grim gets closer, her mouth is right next to the arrogant twin's ear.

Her tails stop being soft and instead get rough in texture, making Melanie's neck feel uncomfortable.

"Touch me without permission again" Grim's menacing whisper makes Melanie's whole body go stiff and feel chills.

"And our date will have its conclusion far earlier than either of us has imagined. Do you understand me?" The Faunus finishes blankly, her tails giving a light squeeze to the older girl's neck.

Melanie who was feeling fear far beyond what she has felt before in her life, even when she and her sister were trained in the Lady Beat's Preparation Academy secret program, quickly tries to say her agreement. But as quickly as she tried, she realized that she can't speak. She doesn't know if it's from said fear or because the two tails have her voice blocked off by squeezing her throat.

Nonetheless, she doesn't take a lot of time to think about that reason instead she tries her hardest to nod her head. And she succeeds.

For another moment the tails stay there, but they get soft quickly enough and then leave the woman's neck just as soon.

"Glad we could understand each other, my love" Grim 'restarts' the previous act and puts a quick peck on Melanie's open neck.

With that, Grim walks past the twin, but then turns around, takes ahold of the frozen woman's arms, and puts the two boxes of popcorn into them. Then with a smile and a self-pleased nod to herself, she resumes her journey into the movie hall.

Leaving the arrogant twin feeling... Well? Not so arrogant anymore.

After a minute of standing frozen in place, Melanie makes it to the hall too, still shaken to her very core because of what happened.

However, despite being shaken up, the confident twin ain't deterred from the date or the Faunus whatsoever. In fact, her previous boredom levels have been completely beaten down to oblivion.

Now, she doesn't know if it's because of her 'alleged' mother being a criminal mastermind or the way she and her sister had lived their lives up to this point... But she liked what happened.

It felt dangerous, thrilling. And for an unknown reason to herself, she is happy that her 'date' isn't some soft, goodie-two-shoes. She'd probably start to detest a person like that as they would eventually bore her.

"Mel, where were you?" Miltia asks once her sister shows up at the seats they are sitting at.

"It doesn't matter, Mil. I am here now" Melanie doesn't answer truthfully, she will tell her about it after the date when they are alone. She then sits down to the right of her sister and the left of the Faunus, making her the theoretical middle spoon.

Miltia doesn't say anything else and then starts to stare blankly at the big screen. Gazing at the playing ads... At least they are interesting, unlike the movie that will eventually show its head. Casually popping popcorn into her mouth during it.

Meanwhile, back with the boy and girl. The two make it inside the hall where the ones that pissed the guy off are.

He scans the entire room, eventually spotting the specific trio he was looking for. And so, he starts making his way to the seats directly behind them.

"H-hey, where are you going? Our seats are in one of the front aisles" The girl with him gets his attention.

"Come on babe, watching movies in the front isn't the same as it is when you do it in the back. Besides there's no need to worry about anybody coming to sit in those seats, this isn't a new release and just a rescreening, I mean the hall is pretty much empty" The man explains hiding his true intent from his date.

"...Okay..." The girl lets out again. In her mind, when a 'couple' goes to the very back while watching a movie, it's for something more 'steamy'... And if that's so then why did her boyfriend pick an action movie instead of what they were supposed to watch before? That movie, while isn't the biggest 'romantic' movie ever still makes more sense than this one.

The guy smiles at the girl and then resumes walking to the seats behind the trio. While carrying way more drinks than one or even two people would need while watching a movie.

The girl follows after him, her mind thinking even harder that she should've had a day with her mother instead because so far this date has been disappointing.

Several minutes later, the movie starts and grabs most of the audience's attention. All except three people.

The man with an absurd amount of drinks, whose stare is fixated on the trio instead of the movie.

The quiet twin, whose gaze is now on the already half-empty box of popcorn.

And the Fox Faunus, whose face is facing towards the screen, but her attention is on the man behind her dates. She feels hostility, quite well-hidden, thrown towards her and the twins.

This goes on for a dozen minutes. Before one of the people's attention gets grabbed by the movie and another person.

The person was Miltia, whose attention is now on her sister Melanie, as Melanie called out to her with a whisper.

"You're not watching the movie, are you?"

"No, I am not" Miltia answers honestly, she really didn't want to watch it, to begin with so she has been lost in her mind while subconsciously munching on popcorn.

"I see..." Melanie lets out thoughtfully, which was barely audible.

"How about we talk to each other while watching it? I've seen it multiple times already, so you can ask me about whatever happens and why I like it, and why something happened the way it happened... And just whatever. I know that you don't like this, but iI still want you to enjoy yourself at least a little... And if you at least try, I promise to watch..." Melanie's body subconsciously shakes in disgust "CSC with you, okay?" Melanie manages to finish her question.

Miltia sighs exasperated.

"Fine, whatever"

Melanie smiles "Thank you for agreeing, Mil"

"Mhm... But you'd better hold onto that promise"

Melanie's expression turns into a hurt one and her hand goes to her chest.

"Is that the only reason why you agreed? You don't want to speak to your sister?" She says with sadness instilled into her voice and expression.

Fake sadness of course, as she breaks quite quickly when Miltia just stares at her blankly.

"Don't worry, Mil. We will watch your boring movie"

Miltia smiles at her sister "Good" And chooses not to say anything about yet another insult to her favorite movie.

Then there were two. The guy was taking his time, trying to decide when to strike. While Grim missed the movie entirely, except for a little bit when she heard the twins speak to each other which got her attention. But her attention didn't stay for long on the twins and the movie as it returned back to the guy, she was waiting for him to take action.

And depending on the 'severity' of said action, the guy will face the same amount of returned damage. So if it's barely anything to write home about, his damage will be negligible... However, if it's more serious, then Grim won't hold herself back either.

And so, more and more minutes passed. The twins got lost in various different conversations about the movie. Mitia tried her best to understand the movie her sister liked, while Melanie tried her best to be patient while explaining it to her sister as she answered Mel's questions.

The guy is finally prepared to move because he thought that enough time passed allowing him to be sure that his plan will succeed. So, he stands up, while saying to his date "I gotta go to the bathroom real quick, be right back" He said it loud enough to be heard by the trio if they paid any attention to him. For a chance of them looking back which would make his revenge plan's results better.

The girl with him was bored to death by the movie. She has seen it before, it was a fun watch, but not good enough to 'rewatch' it. Thus she thought that her boy will do something and the movie was just a pre-text, but she was wrong as he didn't pay any attention to her at all. So at some point, the girl stopped paying attention to him as well and just did things with her scroll.

So the fact that he talked to her barely registered to her and only when he started passing her did she react. And react she did, almost breaking into full-on laughter as the boy fell over while holding two drinks in his hands.

The boy's plan was simple albeit quite petty. The steps are as follows:

One. Buy multiple drinks.

Two. Sit behind the trio.

Three. wait for them to be immersed in the movie.

Four. And wait for the quietest scene in the movie.

Five. Excuse himself to the bathroom, loud enough to be heard by people around him.

Six. Fake slip and spill the extra drinks on the trio. If it gets into their eyes if they turn around, then it's better.

Seven. Deny it being done on purpose and claim it to be an accident instead.

Eight. Profit, as the trio gets annoyed by their wet and sticky clothing, makes them either leave the movie to go and get new clothes or stay and continue to watch it while being uncomfortable.

That was the plan... The keyword 'was'. But instead, the guy didn't expect the plant to go extremely wrong and not in his favor at all. The man slipped on something and the slip-up wasn't 'fake' as he had it planned out to be and the drinks that were aimed at the trio landed someplace elsewhere.

One of the drinks hit him square on the head, getting him wet immediately. While the other drink fell directly into Grim's awaiting hand.

The loud commotion of course got the attention of everybody in the hall as the movie was in a quiet scene. So everybody was looking back at what happened.

The Faunus, this whole time was waiting for something to happen, but she didn't expect something so... Pathetic.

Especially since the man had hidden his hostility quite well as even the twins didn't pick up on it, so she thought that she was dealing with somebody half decent, but it appeared to be just an amateur with some hidden potential.

But oh well, at least now she has something to drink and quench her thirst, so she happily says, mocking the man. Loud enough for the twins and the man to hear "I was quite thirsty, so thanks for this. Oh and I am not returning it"

She is sure that the straw hasn't been touched by the man, but just to be safe she took off the lid and just drank that way.

The twins whose eyes are confused are now on the Faunus that they seemingly had forgotten about.

"What happened?" Melanie asks the Fox.

"Somebody behind us slipped, he was going to the bathroom"

"O...kay? Why do you have a drink in your hand?" Another question gets thrown at the Faunus, as the twins are sure that they didn't buy drinks.

"He was going to the bathroom with a drink in his hand, it fell over to me and I caught it"

"Huh... Why would one carry a drink to the bathroom?" Miltia gets into the conversation.

"Why are you asking me?" Grim simply deflects the question and then points to the side, where the man still hasn't gotten off the ground due to the shock "Ask him"

The twins glance back where Grim was pointing, seeing the sprawled out wet and messy guy on the ground between several seats, and then shot their gaze back at the Faunus, both then shrug and say "Whatever"

The audience in the front not seeing anything or hearing anything, resume watching the movie albeit a little bit confused about what was the loud noise they heard. Never to know that it was from somebody screaming out as they fell over.

"Are you enjoying the movie?" Melanie asks Grim.

Grim finally looks at the screen, seeing a battle happening. It looks to be quite an interesting fight, so she honestly answers from her initial reaction "Yes, it's pretty good"

The confident twin smirks arrogantly. She knew that her favorite movie sequel will be liked by her date, there was no way it wouldn't.

Meanwhile, behind them.

The girl who had some time to reset herself is now looking sympathetically at the fallen boy. But her sympathy isn't 'strong' enough for her to actually physically help him this time... He's too wet at the moment for her to do so. So she chose mental support instead.

"Hey, are you okay?"

The boy doesn't answer, as he seethes in anger on the ground. This whole day went disastrously for him. And he just doesn't understand how it all happened.

It all started with one of the stupid twins. Then with the Faunus and her buying popcorn. Then him somehow falling in front of a lot of people when he tried to trip the stupid twin. And then all of this, his plans not working out and him not understanding how they went awry. He is really, really mad right now.

He finally stands up, feeling really uncomfortable as most of his clothes are sticky and wet, not to mention his hair and even his skin... Basically, he feels like shit right now. So it doesn't help with his anger.

"Let's go"

The girl blinks and lets out a "What?"

"Let's leave"

"Why?"

The boy's eye twitches as his words get questioned, but he manages to not blow up on his date.

"I need new clothes. Besides this movie sucks"

"...Okay..." the woman says for the third time... But she won't be only leaving the movie, no, she will be leaving the entire date and instead go meet her mom. She had chatted with her while on her scroll and decided to meet with her before this happened. And if this movie sucks, why did they even come here in the first place?

But just as the girl was standing up from the chair, a feminine voice cuts in loudly, making her stop midway.

"What the fuck did you just say?"

Everybody's attention gets caught yet again, but this time when they look towards the noise they can clearly see two people standing and looking at each other.

Melanie, by sheer instinct, stood up and shouted at the man who insulted the movie.

The man who got screamed at out of nowhere looks confusedly at the twin.

A few people from the audience loudly 'shhhs' with their fingers near their mouths and some loudly say 'quiet' to Melanie's noisy outburst, as they are trying to watch the movie.

The arrogant twin turns her head towards the people and mercilessly states to them "Shush yourselves, this idiot dares to insult this movie"

Melanie, stops paying attention to the crowd and turns to face the man again, seeing the stupid man being stupid, repeats herself "I asked you, what did your stupid and idiotic mouth just say?"

"Mel, don't" Miltia tries to diffuse the situation, as she started to actually like the movie a little even to her own bewilderment, she doesn't understand why. But still, she wants to continue watching it, and knowing her sister, she won't stop arguing for a while. So she won't be able to continue watching.

Grim however isn't paying any attention to the new commotion and instead is watching another fight happening on the screen. There's no need for her to interfere as she now knows that the man is a complete nobody and not a threat to anybody. Besides, the action is pretty impressive so there's no time to look elsewhere, she's actually feeling bummed out a little as she has missed half of the movie already.

Melanie looks back at her sister and grits her teeth. It physically hurts her to let this moron away without speaking out her mind to him... But... She'd do anything for her sister.

"Fine. I will let this idiot off the hook. How dare he even think that this movie sucks. Lucky for him I am not watching it alone because I'd make him leave in pain if I were" She states and then sits back down.

The man clenches his fists as he was called an idiot over and over, but he tries to calm himself down. His day went bad when he met this trio, so when he stops engaging with them, his day will return to being perfect. So with that hopeful thought, he just starts leaving without saying anything back at the twin, even if he really, really wants to.

His date follows after him, not getting too close to him though. The two leave the movie hall.

"Ugh!" Comes out an annoyed grunt out of the man's mouth as he looks at himself in the light.

But he then smiles, at least now without the trio he will have a good time and he can continue the date with his girl after getting new clothes.

"Hey, this date wasn't all that good... Okay, no, it was just bad. So I decided to go meet my mother. Bye" Suddenly comes from behind him.

"H-huh?" The man lets out pathetically.

And before his mind could catch up to what just happened, the girl has already walked off, leaving him alone, drenched and sticky all over.

Anyway...

Now the trio can peacefully enjoy their movie by watching it together without any more interuptions.

~ End of Chapter 29 ~

7