Chapter 13: Wishes Three (Collectively)
263 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s been an hour since the battle. The Dungeon Master, the princess, and the old man had talked about taxes and how much was owed. Out of nowhere, the DM bought out gold coins, which the old man stuffed into his pocket. Calculation was quite convenient since it told me the amount of gold coins he gave was thirty. By the way, the old man put it all in his pocket. Must be a skill. After that transaction, the old man and princess started conversing. Bee, on the other hand, was talking with the blonde. I spent that entire time standing, just thinking. I also appraised the others, besides the princess. She seems to be wearing an item that stops people from appraising her. Anyways, here’s the results for the blonde and the Dungeon Master.

Status

General Information

Name: Honey Kerr
Age: 18 years old
Race: Beekin (Queen)
Level: 25
Skills: 7 (1 U, 2 R, 2 G, 2 L)
Titles: 7 (4 S, 3 E)

Statistics

Physical
HP: 420 (-62)
SP: 345
STR: 342 (-172)
DEF: 339 (-61)
AGI: 456 (-329)

Magical
MP: 334 (-174)
INT: 328 (+318)
FOR: 325 (-155)
CST: 394 (-224)
LUC: 343 (-113)

Status

General Information

Name: Benjamin Kerr
Age: 19
Race: Human
Level: 8
Skills: 8 (2 U, 4 G, 2 L)
Titles: 4 (3 S, 1 E)

Statistics

Physical
HP: 318 (+40)
SP: 221 
STR: 218 (-48)
DEF: 224 (+54)
AGI: 222 (-105)

Magical
MP: 235 (-75)
INT: 254 (+392)
FOR: 230 (-60)
CST: 237 (-67)
LUC: 288 (-58)

As you can see… they’re monsters. Is this really a beginner Dungeon? The blonde has stats in the 300s! How did Bee survive? And the Dungeon master. He has two Unique skills! What the hell?! That’s gotta be cheating. He’s half the level of the old man and yet stood toe to toe with him. Well, I still beat both in INT. Also… Honey. The beekin is named Honey. I can’t say much though, my bee friend is named Bee.

Anyways, we were about to leave when I remembered something the old man said before. He said Dungeon Masters were to grant wishes of anyone who reaches them. I attempted to tug on the old man’s shirt but remembered about my lack of fingers. I am going to use my wish for a better body. This pile of rocks is useless, especially with all the knowledge locked away from me in The Library. Speaking of the Library, the others seem to be none the wiser since they just thought it was Space Magic when I disappeared then reappeared. Turns out it’s something only people with high INT are capable of. Why do I have the need to hide it, though?

The old man seemed to notice I was trying to alert him of something, but the confused look on his face told me he had forgotten.

Hey Bee, tell the old man about the Dungeon Master needed to grant us wishes.

Aye, aye, captain! Where does she learn all this? Does Hivemind secretly share mental processing power? Interesting theory, golem, interesting theory. I really need a name.

“Buzz buzz, buzzbuzz. (Isn’t the Dungeon Master supposed to grant us wishes?).”

“Oh, thank you. I had forgotten.” The old man turned to the Dungeon Master, who was sitting on his throne with the petite girl in his lap. “We’ve reached your lair, so can you grant us our wishes, Dungeon Master.”

“Tch. I was hoping you’d forget. Fine, fine. We’ll start with you, tax collector. What’s your wish?” Forget? What a bastard. “Do note I can’t grant anything, only things within my power.”

“Hmm… I have no wish, so give my wish to the golem.” Eh? What? I’ll take it, but that seems like a waste of a wish.

“Fine, whatever. What about you, bee?” 

“Buzz. (I wish for a scythe).” Really? A scythe? How will you even hold it, Bee? Aren’t your arms already scythes?

“Granted.” The Dungeon Master snapped his finger, and a scythe with a dark aura appeared stabbed into the floor in front of Bee. Bee hilariously tried to grip the scythe, but she only knocked it down due to her scythe arms. 

“I’ll carry that for you,” said the old man, who went to pick it up. Bee tried to stop him, convinced she could carry it, before ultimately giving up.

“And now you. Two wishes.” He looked at me. Hmm… well, if I look back on my questions, my priorities have always been fingers and a way to communicate. The problem is I have no way to commu- “I have Telepathy. So a way to communicate and fingers, correct?”

Oh. You can read my mind. Yes, a way to communicate and a better body, please. “Lucky you. I can do both of those.” He stood up and walked to the middle of the room. He summoned a cane and tap the floor, which opened up to reveal a spiralling stairway that went below. “Come.”

He walked down the stairs, so me, Bee, and the old man followed. The girls all seemed to opt to stay in the throne room. The stairway was dark, with only the occasional torch lighting up the narrow walkway. After walking for what seemed like an eternity, we found ourselves at a door. “Now, before we go in, please don’t touch anything out of surprise, okay.” We all nodded, and he opened the door.

We slowly filed in, and inside I could see why he didn’t want us to touch anything. The room was bare with decorations. However, the things that were within the room was shocking. Covering the right wall were mannequins, made of differing materials, from glass to rock to metal. Right in front of was a workbench with a work-in-progress mannequin that had a weird glow to it. On the left wall was nothing but a desk. What I saw on top of it was the most surprising thing, however. It was a computer. This Dungeon Master was an Otherworlder, I can tell. 

The Dungeon Master went over to his desk and took a scroll that was lying atop it. “This is a Skill Scroll for Telepathy. Once you use it, you’ll get the skill Telepathy, but only after three weeks. Don’t ask me why there’s a delay.” He then walked over to the rock mannequin. For some reason, all the mannequins were wearing maid dresses. Is the Dungeon Master into that kind of thing? “Take this body. Since you’re a Golem, you could probably take out your Core and put it into this body. You’ll have to find someone who knows how to safely take out Golem cores, however. Store it with your Space Magic.”

I immediately put the body in The Library, then read the Skill Scroll whilst the Dungeon Master held it up for me. The moment I finished reading it, it disappeared.

After that, we went back up to the throne room. The old man had a final word with the princess and the Dungeon Master, and Bee said something to the beekin, and then we were off. “Let’s go home,” said the old man. “I’ll teach you some things on the way.” Ooh, lessons.

Sorry for not releasing yesterday. It was my sister's birthday. On an unrelated note, I guess this marks the end of the Dungeon arc. How is the story going so far? Are my action scenes alright? I will admit, I don't think I'm particularly good at action. While I'm at it, I'd like to also ask what are your guy's favourite aspects of my story. Feedback would be nice, cause I feel like I'm writing this extra blind since I have no idea what I'm best at.

12