Chapter 15: Terrible At Naming
272 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s day five of our trip to the old man’s home, and I’m still bored. Yesterday I was hoping the old man would give me another lesson on something else, but no! He chose to stay silent the whole time! Bee ended up meditating the entire day, which makes me wish I had someone who could carry me while I meditated. A shame I’m too heavy since I’m a Golem. In the meantime, I’ve found out I can use Appraisal on objects. I have no idea why it took me this long to think of that, but then again, adventurer’s are much more exciting to appraise.

Most objects I’ve appraised tend to be boring, with the only thing appearing being either ‘Rock’ or ‘Westwarden Tree’ or ‘Dirt Road’. Nothing exciting. Last night I did Appraise stuff in the Library, specifically the shelves, the new body the Dungeon Master gifted me, and Bee’s scythe, which the old man gave me to store. Here are the results:

The Library’s Shelf

Shelf of books within The Library. Unlike your average shelf, these do not degrade, and the books within the shelves will be kept in mint condition for eternity. Rumour has it that within The Library lies a door to the outside world. Who spread the rumour? Who knows.

“I could see shelves upon shelves upon shelves.” - The Mask of Curiosity.

What an interesting rumour. I’ll add it to the list of things I need to find out. Also, that quote. I’m guessing whoever adds them also puts in thoughts. Does that mean there’s someone always reading my mind? Interesting.

Rock Golem Maid (Inactive)

Unique Dungeon Creation

Rock Golem body made by the Otherworlder Dungeon Master Benjamin Kerr. A peculiar human by this world’s standards, when he is not observing the activity within his Dungeon, he is slaving away in his secret workshop, creating golems from various materials to act as maids for himself. This body was gifted to the holder of Mask of Curiosity.

“Maids! It’s gotta be maids!” - Benjamin Kerr.

I have no comment. I don’t want to waste my brain power on thinking about this any further. I’m thankful for the body, but that is it.

Azrael

Unique Weapon

A scythe created and named by the Otherworlder Dungeon Master Benjamin Kerr. It was named after the Angel of Death from his original world. The blade has a chance to instantly kill.

“I am become death, destroyer of worlds.”

Why did the Dungeon Master give such an amazing weapon to Bee? Why did he make such an amazing weapon? Why do I think this is an amazing weapon? Speaking of Bee, her Unique Skill Hive: Mammoth has finally been updated. That System Goddess isn’t slacking off. Here it is:

Hive: Mammoth

You are the muscle of your small Hive and shall act as such. Increase your stats and size by three times.

“Mammoth, the brawn of our group. Not much going on above.”

Is it me, or is the world trying to make Bee incredibly powerful? First Sting, then the Scythe, and now this. How did she even get the Unique skill? Are Unique skills just given out freely by the System Goddess? Maybe there are hidden things in people’s statuses.

“Want another lesson, golem?” That would be great, old man. Would’ve been better if I got one yesterday, but better now than never. Since you can read my mind, I’d like a lesson on skills or levelling up. 

At that moment, a party of adventurers passed by, each distinctly looking different from each other. A human, a beastkin, a dwarf and an elf. Simple as pie. I keep forgetting, but I am a Reincarnator. Must’ve been common knowledge for my past life. “Ah, the races. I can teach you about them.” Damnit, old man.

“The short fellow is a dwarf, they’re shorter than most races. The one with animal ears, a beastkin, they have animal features. The lass with the long ears is an elf, they’re good at magic. The guy with nothing special is human, like me. Nothing special about us.” Thanks, old man, but already knew that. “Hmm… what else? Oh yeah, the Dungeon Master’s folks. That tiny girl was a Vampire, by the looks of it. Bloodsuckers who just like Hobgoblins were originally monsters. Hobgoblins are also a race, but I already told you that. There’s a bunch of monster species turned race, at least according to our definitions. We call them collectively ‘The Turned’ since we’re terrible at naming.” 

The Turned. Yeah, that’s a terrible name. I wonder how many races fall under that umbrella term. “There’s a lot of races that fall under it, Hobgoblins and Vampires are probably the most well-known. I’d tell you, but I’m pretty bad at remembering them. Oh, and the races that weren’t monsters are called collectively ‘The Unturned’ because, like I said before, we’re terrible at naming. Some folks call it ‘The Pure’ though. Fanatics, I tell you. There are some races that aren’t either. The Angels and the Devils are two, we’ve got no idea where they came from. There’s a homunculus race, but only three individuals fall under it. They’re not monsters, but there’s no consensus on whether they’re Unturned.” Homunculus. What makes them different from me, a golem? Also, the naming thing, they are terrible at naming.

“I think that’s all. I could go more in-depth, but it’s getting dark and I need to rest. Going to keep watch again?” I nod at his answer. I’ve got nothing better to do. “Thanks.” 

He set up his tent and retired for the night. Once again I stand here, in the middle of the night, with nothing but my thoughts. Fortunately, we’ll arrive at our destination in two days. Maybe I should’ve stayed at the Dungeon.

9