Invitation (2)
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tearing up the sticker that was stuck on the opening of the envelope, sweat began to fall down on my forehead. As I was opening the envelope, I saw a golden card inside. It would reflect like a mirror and would reflect the light, I took it and opened it and a bright light suddenly enveloped my face. 

"Argh!" Just what kind of material is used here? Why is it so blinding? It can't be real gold, right? 

After a few seconds, the light died and I then moved my gaze towards the words written in it. My hands trembled, my pupil enlarged and a smug appeared on my face. 

1Dear Samantha, Congrats on being chosen as a free player on Sylphi InVerse. You are invited to join our latest server together with the rest. We do not need to tell you more about the game, do we? We have already known you have searched everything. You can wear the gaming glasses after you read this, it's inside the envelope together with this.     _Syraphi •IV Staff *Insert happy bird*

Am I dreaming? How could luck be so good to me? It's not even my lucky day today, my zodiac sign especially noted that unluckiness would fall before me in this week. Must be a lie, should not trust those sites.

"Sam?" 

I looked up and saw my mom leaning on the door. I closed  my eyes and laughed, "Mom, you won't believe how lucky I am right now!" I told her proudly. 

My mom furrowed her brows and asked me,"What do you mean?" 

I took the card and gently closed it and ran towards her. "Here!" I gave the card to her joyfully. "Hmm?" She stared at the card and inspected it carefully, after she did so, she then opened it and read the letter. "This must be a scam!" She retorted. 

I replied with a "No, no, no!" and told her, "It's not a scam, it's real." I paused for a second before pointing at the barcode placed on the right corner of the card's cover. "Look here, you can scan this and truth would be brought to light."

"Ha....Okay, okay, this is not a scam." Mom gave back the card and patted my hair lightly, she the sighed and spoke: 

"But you must was the dishes first before you can play."

My smile froze and I quickly nodded at her words, "Yes, I will." I can't say no after all. 

"Good." She then took back her hand and opened the door. Just as she was halfway through, She then told me, "Dinner is ready." and she existed. 

I then walked back to my bed and closed my laptop and then I took the envelope again and looked inside. Indeed, there was some glasses here or you should call  gaming glasses (2Regarding this, the gaming glasses mentioned here is more of like a vr headset but more comfortable and light weight.). This was what worth a lot of money, after  the membership, there was this a must buy product to wear to be able to get in the game. 

  Ahhh! My gaming blood is boiling. Now I want to skip dinner and the washing the dishes part. 

"Sam! Dinner is ready! Come down!" I heard my mom yell and I quickly was taken back to reality. Anyways, it wasn't heavy work. 

"Coming!" 

I then placed the gaming glasses on the table near my bed and wiped the sweat on my forehead. I got off and ran down to the stairs and I saw my dad seated on the middle seat of the table. 

"Good evening, Dad." I waved at him and then went to help my mom with preparing the table and carefully arranged it. 

"Good evening, Sam." Dad replied with a smile on his face, he then returned to face his phone as he watched some news online. Since I have already finished preparing the table, I ran towards him and hooked my arms in his neck. I planted a kiss on his cheek and laughed, "Put your phone down, Dad. Dinner first." 

As he listened, Dad put down his phone and laughed together with me, "Hahaha!" We both were cheerfully laughing. 

"Now, now!" Mom spoke in between as she placed both of her hands in her waist. "Stop laughing you guys and quickly eat!" 

"Aiyaa!" I grabbed my seat and opened a gap for me to seat in. I stared at the food prepared by mom and then asked, "Mom, we are having curry tonight?"

"Why? You don't like curry?" She asked as one of her eyebrow raised. I shook my head and replied, "I didn't say I don't like it, I was just worried about your spice tolerance."

"There's no need to worry  about me. Go on, eat."

"Yes..." 

I began to fill my plate with curry and rice and tasted it a bit. Mmm~ Mom's cooking is the  best. Now I have a lot of energy to use when I'm going to start playing Syraphi InVerse. 

The dining table was filled with the sound of munching and the tapping  of the spoon againts the plate, there was no talking at all since our family has the custom of 'do not talk while talking' which was now mostly ignored by newer generations, especially gossips around the table. 

"Thanks for the food~" 

I clapped my hands together and smiled at both my parents. They then smiled  back at me and exited the table, after all, It's my duty to clean. 

I then took the  plates and piled them up, separating the leftovers and wiping the table clean. After I done so, I then went  to the kitchen sink and began to wash the dishes. It didn't take look and I've finished my task and I was now allowed to use the remaining time to do whatever I want. 

"I'll be going upstairs now." I reminded them and began to climb up the stairs. I then arrives in front of my room and opened the door and then jump towards my bed. 

Yipee!

My excitement had reached to the max, if I don't play now, I would be deeply sad. 

I took the gaming glasses and wore them. I pressed the pink button on that was located on the end of the glasses and a beeping sound echoed. 

My vision then was filled with shade of neon green and purple, kinda hurts for my eyes to see but that only lasted for a second or so. 

I looked around and noticed that the place was deep black and light was not available. Did something go wrong? Or this was me being paranoid. 

I waited for a minute and when I had decided to take the glasses off, a vibrating sound suddenly appeared and neon colored lights then aligned above, making themselves take the role of the stars. 

Ding~!

I retracted my gaze and saw a huge text floating in front of me. It was written in slant bold characters: 

[☆Welcome New Player]

1