VI. A Lonely Road
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

By the time the dust was cleared and silence loomed once again, the technorunner laid bare in the middle of the desert, completely surrounded by ruins.

No dead. No giant truck. No hunters. No cannibal. And certainly no Dara.

What remained were corpses that no longer had any identification.

The technorunner woke up with a lot of lingering pain, and no memory of how he had escaped the dead. He didn't care whether the hunters' leader was gone, or that cannibal, or even Dara. He was glad that he was able to live through that hell and escape it — even though he was the one that caused it all in the first place.

All his weapons and equipment were still with him, nothing had been lost or stolen. No sane person would approach a dead infected area after all. However, the truck was completely destroyed, and with it, the cycle — it was already out of power. The technorunner had no means of transportation. It didn't bother him much. He spent days walking through the Outlands. A change of pace was but a  pipe dream for him now.

He got on his feet, but not before feeling a slight pain in his leg. It was where the arrow had hit him, the injury was getting worse by the minute, even though it was merely a scratch and nothing more. The herbs he carried weren't going to do him any good, for the poison wasn't created from natural chemistry, it was the work of neuroalchemy. It wasn't that surprising to him. But he needed to find a healer soon, they knew how to work around neuroalchemy, and he couldn't do so without taking the long road.

He walked out of the white desert, and into an endless road, with no vehicles in sight. Nevertheless, he kept on with his march.

He chuckled. He was trying to recall all that happened recently and could do nothing but laugh at them. They were life-threatening, but they were also quite fun, he thought. After all, he had gotten used to this kind of dangerous life.

And so he wondered, what kind of misfortunes would tomorrow take him to, as he walked a lonely road. This was just another day in the technorunner's life.

0