Unexpected Death & Opportunity (Prologue)
189 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Read advanced chapters : HERE

R18Novel.com


Two figures were floating in the pitch-black place. The only source of light in this place was the glowing golden wheel with a Yin-Yang symbol floating behind one of the figures.

 

two figures was a young man of mixed Asian and American blood in his twenties. His naked body was translucent and hazy because he was just a soul without a physical body.

 

The other figure was an elder with long white hair. His robes were in tatters as if he had just finished a fight.

 

“I am sorry, child. It seems that during my fight against a Malevolent Entity, our clash accidentally killed you. Your abnormal death got you kicked out of your universe. We are currently in the void between universes in the vast multiverse,” the old man regretfully informed the young man.

 

“I see,” the young man responded calmly. He didn’t freak out nor did he display other over-the-top reactions.

He knew that the old man hadn’t told him a lie. He remembered that he was on his way home from his workplace when a flash of light suddenly robbed him of his sight and consciousness. After that, he found himself in this place.

 

After pondering for a while, the young man spoke up, “So, will you reincarnate me to another world?”

 

The old man shook his head, “Why do you want to be reincarnated in another world? I can resurrect you in your world so that you can continue your life as if nothing has happened, you know.”

 

“Please send me to another world,” the young man insisted. “I prefer a world that I know of. I also hope that you can reincarnate me as someone I want there.”

 

The old man contemplated for a moment. “Are you sure?” he asked the young man.

 

“Yes.” The young man nodded firmly.

 

“Alright, since you are insisting on being reincarnated in another world, I will grant your request. Moreover, I will fulfill two additional requests as long as they are within my power,” the old man said.

 

The young man felt excited after hearing the old man’s words.

 

His initial plan was to get reincarnated as a Xianxia protagonist with a strong Plo—ahem, with a strong Fate.

He’s a fan of Xianxia stories. Sue him.

If he was reborn as one of those Xianxia protagonists with strong fates, he would let Fate carry him while trying to avoid the pitfalls. He was certain that he could reach the apex of that universe.

However, as soon as he heard that he had two additional requests in addition to his first, he changed his mind.

 

“Anyway, let’s start with your destination. Do you have any preference about your destination? There are countless worlds in the vast multiverse. Anything you imagine, even the most outrageous imagination, probably exists somewhere there,” the old man said.

 

 

The young man returned to his senses and nodded. Then, he contemplated for a moment before talking.

 

“Alright, I want to reincarnate as the main character of Rebirth of the Urban Immortal Cultivator. Please make it so that I wake up on the bus to Chuzhou in the old timeline and get his memories without being affected by his feelings.”

 

He knew that he would indirectly kill Chen Fan, but he didn’t care. If he gets an opportunity that forces him to sacrifice a stranger, he will always prioritize his own future over the lives of strangers.

 

He wouldn’t lose the flicker of his sleep if a stranger died next to him. He only cares about himself and those closest to him.

 

He’s not a saint. He is a selfish man who wants to have a fulfilling life.

 

His life has taught him that he must take chances without hesitation. His life was full of ups and downs.

 

He grew up with loving and supportive parents, but they unexpectedly died in a car crash when he was in the second semester of college.

Following that, he dived into the harsh reality unprepared. He worked as a laborer in a warehouse to support his life.

 

It was a harsh, demanding, and unfulfilling life. At least, the hookers he rented occasionally and the internet made his life more bearable.

 

His reason to get reincarnated in the world of the Rebirth of the Urban Immortal Cultivator was that he’d coincidentally binge-read the novel and the comic before his unexpected death. This made him have a fresh and clear memory about the series compared to other Xianxia series that he’d read.

 

He picked the old timeline because he wanted to stay away from the problems. If he replaced Chen Bei Xuan, he feared that Immortal Chang Qing, Chen Bei Xuan’s master, would get alarmed because of changes in behavior.

His main priority was to have a fun, satisfying life. Not fixing the problem in that universe.

 

He also wanted to get the girls Chen Beixuan ignored despite their affection for him.

 

He could respect Chen Beixuan’s loyalty to Fang Qiong.

 

However, he wanted to get a harem!

 

He was a man of culture, after all!

The old man nodded his head. Then, the young man expressed his second request.

 

“My first request is to have knowledge and understanding of all matters related to Dao and Cultivation.”

 

The old man nodded his head again. Then, the young man finally expressed his last request.

 

“My last request is to have an artifact. About this artifact, it must contain an inner universe with limitless energy to cultivate the Dao of Immortality. It also can send me to other Xianxia universes. I also want to have absolute control over the time of this universe and be able to store objects or living things in this universe. Moreover, I want it to be connected to me so that it can’t be taken away from me.”

“The last request is pushing the limit, but I can fulfill it. However, I will have to put some restrictions on this artifact. You can undo the restrictions the stronger you become. Do you have any problem with this?” The old man looked at the young man calmly, waiting for his answer.

After the young man shook his head, the old man asked, “Alright, any preference for the shape of this artifact?”

 

“Well,” the young man contemplated for a moment and then answered, “A brick!”

 

“…” The old man was speechless. Then, he shook his head to regain his composure and asked, “Are you sure about this?”

 

“Yes.” The young man nodded firmly. “A brick is almighty!”

If you don’t believe it, look at Yi Yun, Bai Yunfei, Lin Fan, An Lin, and other almighty brick wielders in Xianxia Multiverse.

 

“Very well, if you are sure.” The old man decided to drop the matter and then changed the topic. “Anyway, I will transmit the knowledge and understanding about Dao and Cultivation into your head. Prepare yourself.”

 

The young man nodded and braced himself for what was to come. The old man waved his horsetail whisk and sent a stream of light from his horsetail whisk towards the young man’s forehead.

 

Following that, an unbelievable amount of information appeared in the young man’s mind. He felt like his soul expanded like a balloon.

 

The young man must admit that it was a strange sensation. It was not painful but still uncomfortable.

 

There was no visible change to his current spiritual form. He fell into a dazed state as he absorbed the knowledge and understanding.

 

When the young man was in a daze, the old man was not idle. The old man stretched out his free hand, made a clawing gesture, and spun his claw 180 degrees.

 

The emptiness in front of the old man’s palm distorted. A singularity was born from his simple gesture.

 

The distortion began to swirl and expand. However, the old man slowly clenched his hand with a solemn face.

 

After the swirling singularity shrank until it disappeared into his grasp, the old man nodded in satisfaction.

 

What the old man had done was unbelievable!

 

By stimulating the stillness of the void, the old man had created a nascent universe. But before this nascent universe could grow, he refined it into an artifact that the young man had requested.

 

Afterward, the old man patiently waited for the young man to return to his senses. After the young man returned to his senses, the old man threw light at the young man.

 

“Huh? What was that?” Startled, the young man inquired.

 

“That was your artifact. I made it according to your specifications. Now, I will send you to your destination,” the old man said.

 

“Thank you for granting my selfish requests.” the young man lowered his head in gratitude.

 

“Don’t be too polite. In the first place, your death is my mistake. Anyway, I will send you to your destination.”

 

“Okay. I’m ready.”

 

The old man nodded and then waved his hand. A light suddenly covered the young man. Then, the light brought the young man somewhere, leaving a trail of light like a comet.

 

Left alone, the old man watched the young man until the light disappeared.

 

A moment later, the old man also disappeared.

 

Stillness returned to this small part of the vast void of Multiverse.

4