Meeting Jiang Haishan
68 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Read advanced chapters : HERE

R18Novel.com


Chen Fan’s thoughts were cut off when he heard Tang Hongyu speak again.

“However, our neighborhood isn’t the best in Chuzhou. The real high-grade luxurious houses are all on the hillside of the Yunwu mountain. Maybe later we will go further into the mountain, and I will show you some villas. They make our house look like a shed in their backyard. You should come to visit us early in the morning too; the entire mountain will be shrouded in mist,” Tang Hongyu narrated with a hint of envy in her voice.

 

“Up there, the cheapest house cost more than ten million. It was developed by the richest man in Chuzhou City, and only his friends and the billionaires from the south could afford those properties. I could probably buy only a kitchenette even if I sold my company.” Tang Hongyu finally ended her speech, shook her head, and then sighed emotionally.

Tang Hongyu turned towards Chen Fan and said with a beautiful smile, “But I think my house is good enough. Yunwu Villa is gorgeous, but I don’t seriously dream about living here.”

“Well, if auntie likes those houses, I will make you love her in the future. I will also make sure you can wake up every day to look down at the sea of cloudy mists beneath you,” Chen Fan said with a confident tone.

Although he was poor at this moment, he was confident that he could get that villa on the top of Yunwu mountain. He was planning to heal Wei Fu’s old wound to get it for free, after all.

“What?” Tang Hongyu opened her eyes wide, startled.

Then, Tang Hongyu calmed down and gave Chen Fan a deep look. When she saw how serious and confident he was, she did not know why, but she felt like Chen Fan could do it.

For some unknown reason that eluded Tang Hongyu, Chen Fan was very persuasive.

Tang Hongyu smiled and covered her bright smile with her hand. “Great! I’m looking forward to it! I’ll take your mother there too, and we’ll spend our late years together.”

‘If everything goes according to my plan, you won’t ever think of spending your time in your late years. You’ll become immortal, after all,” Chen Fan mused silently in amusement.

However, his amusement quickly turned into a complex feeling when he thought about Wang Xiaoyun.

He was still indecisive about his ‘family’ in this world. His only concrete goal was to get An Youya as his lover.

He decided to drop the matter and thought, ‘What am I thinking?! I can deal with it later! Focus on the target in sight!’

On the other hand, Jiang Churan, who listened to the conversation, was not very impressed by what she heard.

Not even the richest classmate she knew could have promised to buy a villa up in the mountains as a gift. Everyone knew that only the richest of the rich could afford living up there.

‘It seems that he is just like the others, full of empty talk and no real action,’ Jiang Churan thought, slightly disappointed at Chen Fan.

Jiang Churan had thought that this boy from the countryside would be different from city boys, but it seemed that she was wrong.

Putting that aside, they finally entered Tang Hongyu’s house.

After entering, Chen Fen immediately examined the interior.

The decoration in this house was elegant, in style, and exquisite in its craftsmanship. From the paintings on the wall to the blue-white porcelain vase on the table, it was evident that her family was not only wealthy but also well-educated and had good taste in fine arts.

After entering the hall, Chen Fan saw a middle-aged man sitting on the sofa, wearing a pair of black-rimmed glasses, a white buttoned-up shirt, and black pants. This man was watching the news on TV.

This man was the father of Jiang Churan and the husband of Tang Hongyu, Jiang Haishan. He was the deputy director of Chuzhou City. Although his rank was not high, he was close to Chuzhou City’s power center.

Chen Fan nodded at Jiang Haishan slightly, to which Jiang Haishan nodded absently. Chen Fan chose to nod because he did not want to bow to this man, but he still needed to be polite.

He did not want to leave a bad impression on Tang Hongyu and Jiang Churan, mostly Tang Hongyu. At this point, Jiang Churan was not worthy to enter his eyes.

“Come and grab a seat. Ranran, why don’t you go to the kitchen and make some tea for your dad and our guest? Can you guys wait a few minutes for dinner? I need to heat some dishes,” Tang Hongyu spoke as she entered the kitchen.

Jiang Churan nodded and took out a box of purple clay tea sets. Then, she began brewing tea skillfully.

Chen Fan was amazed by Jiang Churan’s tea-making techniques. Her movement was fluid and smooth like flowing water while her focus on the craft didn’t allow a single drop to be spilled.

It was evident that Jiang Churan had trained under a skilled teacher. If not for his knowledge and understanding of Dao, which included even a tea ceremony, he would not notice Jiang Churan’s high-level skill.

For your information, Dao was vast. It was not limited to Martial Arts.

Dao, or also called Tao, was the way of existence, or in the context of ongoing practices of attainment or of the full coming into being, or the state of enlightenment or spiritual perfection that is the outcome of such practices.

Therefore, Chen Fan who had the knowledge and understanding of Dao had the knowledge and understanding of all practices and disciplines created by creatures with sentience and wisdom.

But enough with the talk about Dao. Let’s return to the present situation…

Jiang Haishan’s eyes were glued to the TV. He did not turn around to face Chen Fan — the guest in his place — until the news was over.

Chen Fan knew what Jiang Haishan was doing. A petty powerplay. Still, it displeased him, but he didn’t let it show on his face.

“How is your father, Reeve Chen, doing? The last time I met him was at a government meeting six months ago,” Jiang Haishan finally began talking after the television show was over.

“He is doing well. Thank you for asking,” Chen Fan responded politely.

He thought about what he knew of Chen Yuxing, his current father.

Chen Yuxing was the deputy magistrate of Si Shui County. Although his rank was similar to that of Jiang Haishan, his jurisdiction was a remote county instead of a bustling city.

He remembered that Chen Yuxing would be cursed by an expert working for the Shen Family, whose business was the rival of Wang Xiaoyun’s.

Chen Yuxing became old and wizened with white hair in one night after Wang Xiaoyun died in the car accident, and he would soon die.

Although Chen Bei Xuan saved his parents after returning to the past, the current Chen Fan was different from Chen Bei Xuan.

Chen Yuxing was a stranger to the current Chen Fan. Unlike his indecision about Wang Xiaoyun, he wouldn’t bat an eyelash if Chen Yuxing died suddenly. In fact, he would use the opportunity to conquer An Youya who would be sad from Chen Yuxing’s passing.

Chen Fan stopped his contemplation when he heard Jiang Haishan speak, “Your father is young and full of potential. His proposal…”

Chen Fan only listened with a blank smile as Jiang Haishan talked politics. He had no interest in politics and let Jiang Haishan talk to empty air.

Seeing that Chen Fan was not interested in what he said, Jiang Haishan frowned slightly and then changed the topic.

Jiang Haishan said, “I have heard from your auntie that your mother’s real estate company in Zhonghai City is developing very fast. Many economic experts are predicting that the country’s property market will grow substantially next year. Your mother has chosen a good field.”

Chen Fan smiled and said, “My mother’s company was not as big as Auntie Tang’s.”

Since the kitchen was near, he was certain that Tang Hongyu could listen to his talk with Jiang Haishan. That was why he praised her company—her pride—to get some brownie points.

As an entrepreneur that started her company with her own efforts, Tang Hongyu must be proud of it. She would feel happy if her efforts were praised, right?

Jiang Haishan shook his head. “You think too highly of her. Her company hired only a dozen people, earning merely hundreds of thousands a year. How would that compare to your mother’s corporation?”

Chen Fan was speechless. He knew that Jiang Haishan was a narrow-minded and power-hungry person, but he could not believe that this man would belittle his own wife in her hearing range!

‘He is not worthy of Hongyu. Well, with this, I won’t feel guilty when I steal his wife and cuckold him.’

1