1.64 Interesting
5.6k 11 268
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I watched the elf as she took in my new form. As she’d mentioned before, this rainbow on my abdomen was starting to come together now. Another stripe was added. The only color now missing was red.

“I’m starting to think we might be able to finish that boar in time,” Cellestra said with a giggle.

I had to admit, Cellestra had a good sense of humor.

“No, but really. You’re huge. How many evolutions do you still have to go through?”

I raised three legs in response.

“Damn. I’m almost scared at what you’ll end up becoming.”

She smirked, but her smile didn’t evoke the happy feelings that it usually did. Instead, I thought about what she’d said. I didn’t want her to be scared of me at all…

“Are you hungry, by the way?” Cellestra asked.

I had to think for a second, as, surprisingly enough, I wasn’t. I don’t recall not being hungry after an evolution. That was… odd.

I shook my limbs to indicate no. I didn’t see it as a downside. It meant I could get out and start hunting sooner. If I got hungry while outside, I could always eat something on the way. Though I had to admit, Cellestra’s cooking would probably beat anything out here in the forest.

“I’m surprised. You’re not just saying that to go out sooner, are you?”

As funny as it was that she had read my thoughts about going out sooner, it wasn’t the case. I indicated no once again.

“Well, I assume you’re heading out then. I’ll work on even bigger letters and then the suggestion regarding your shelter. Please take care out there, Kealyna.”

This was awkward. I would be going out soon, but there were enhancements that I needed to look at first. I didn’t know how long that would take. I simply lowered my body to the grass in front of her and waved, before I started looking at my enhancement options.

“Of course,” Cellestra cursed at herself. “I’m an idiot. Do tell me when you head out for real.”

She shook her head with a smile as she looked down at the grass before walking back inside. I saw her take a piece of charcoal and write letters again. It appeared she only wrote a single letter on each sheet. I guessed that was the biggest she was going to be able to make those letters. I hoped my future evolutions would still be able to point at them properly.

I then shifted my attention back to my options.

Name: Kealyna

Race: Large Yellow Rainbow Kizerain

Level: 0/10

Experience: 0/90

Evolution Points: 247

 

Enhancement

Cost in EP

Language Comprehension - Dwarven

5

Language Comprehension - Orcish

5

Language Comprehension - Demonic

10

Language Comprehension - Goblin

5

Language Comprehension - Spirits

20

Advanced Jaws and Teeth

20

Strong Jaws and Teeth

35

Very Strong Jaws and Teeth

50

Strong Spider Thread

35

Very Strong Spider Thread

50

Improved Ice Lance

10

Advanced Ice Lance

20

Strong Ice Lance

35

Very Strong Ice Lance

50

Very Strong Leg and Pedipalp Strengthening

50

Advanced Healing Light

20

Strong Healing Light

35

Very Strong Healing Light

50

Thermal Vision

50

Strong Magic Resistance

70

Very Strong Magic Resistance

150

Wind Gust

50

Holy Pulse

150

Elemental Wall

100

Detoxification

50

Healing Tides

100

Holy Barrier

200

Improved Imbue Elements

25

Advanced Imbue Elements

55

Strong Imbue Elements

90

Very Strong Imbue Elements

150

My list of spells had grown once more. Just when I thought I’d started to shrink it, too. I could guess what they would do from the name alone, but I was going to check each one of them, just to make sure.

Elemental Wall

Summons a wall that will block attacks. Walls of specific elements excel at blocking a specific type of attack. They are as follows:

Air Wall

Excels at blocking physical projectiles. Lasts for up to ten seconds.

Fire Wall

Excels at blocking harmful spells.
Shrinks as spells are absorbed by the flames. Fire spells used against this wall will cause it to grow in strength instead.

Earth Wall

Excels at blocking melee attacks.
Will break after blocking three attacks, with a force above a certain threshold, of any type.

Ice Wall

Moderately effective against all types of attacks. Will only block one melee attack. Success not guaranteed.

This looked to be a defensive spell to supplement the passive defense that was offered by the magical and physical barrier spells. This spell basically included four different spells that each covered a certain type of attack. I would be happy to pick this spell up as soon as I could for added defense.

The earth wall especially caught my interest. Would it be strong enough to block any melee attack, no matter the force behind it?

Affirmative.

I hadn’t asked my blessing anything, yet it replied to me. I was actually thankful it did. That piece of information was good to have.

I could enhance this spell specifically to block hard-hitting attacks. It was one of the issues with the barrier spell. You never knew when it was going to break. It was somewhat predictable, as I could feel when the magic that made up the barrier started to unravel, but a heavy hit could shatter it in an instant and injure me anyway.

This spell would fix at least some of those issues.

I went on to the next spell. I could guess what it did.

Detoxification

Cures any toxin effects on the target. Mana cost varies depending on the potency of the venom or poison removed.

That was… better than I’d thought. This spell would guarantee that I would be completely fine if I tried to complete that one achievement where I needed to fully resist an ailment. I was going to pick this spell up for sure before I’d have Cellestra… poison me.

That sounded so weird in my mind.

Healing Tides

Sends forth a stream of regenerative water that connects to the target, healing the target’s wounds a bit before seeking out other allies of the caster to do the same to, up to the spell's maximum number of targets. Once the spell can't connect to any more allies, it further heals all connected targets. The second, simultaneous healing effect increases with the number of allies connected.

Channeled spell. Heals up to 5 targets.

This spell reminded me of spider lightning. It did exactly the same, but seemingly faster, and reversed. It healed instead of doing damage. It also had a maximum of five people it could heal, which was a bit of a downside.

I didn’t know what to think of this spell. Was the spell designed by Elysa to be used to heal groups of people? Would healing light heal more when there was only one ally to heal?

Healing Light, from its “Advanced” rank and up, is more effective at healing a single ally.

Oh. thanks for the confirmation I guess. If that’s the case, I didn’t think this spell would have much value for me. I didn’t see myself creating a party to tackle dungeons or anything anytime soon… or ever…

The next spell on the list had an interesting name.

Holy Barrier

When both Physical and Magical barriers or their merged version are active, release an explosion of holy magic that deals damage to all nearby enemies when half of any barrier’s strength is depleted.

Correction, this wasn’t a spell, not an activated one at least.

This skill, though…

I wanted it. I needed it. My inner knight was screaming for it.

However… I intended not to get hit. I would most definitely pick up this skill, but I didn’t know when would be an appropriate time to do so. I would have to check my achievements soon to see if anything that was not difficult to do had shown up. With a bit of luck, I could get enough evolution points to take this skill without having to worry about spending too much.

I went on to the next enhancement.

Imbue Elements

Imbue the target with the power of elemental magic. Their physical attacks cause additional effects based on this spell’s rank.

Improved

Blessed by earth, the wielder’s physical attacks have more force behind them, causing them to do more damage, or if the beneficiary wields a shield, reduces the force received by strikes against the shield, making them less likely to damage, pierce or break the shield or to stagger the wielder.

Advanced

Blessed by water, the target’s physical attacks have a chance to summon icicles around the spell’s wielder. These icicles hover in mid-air for a few seconds as they target an enemy before flying out to strike them.

Strong

Blessed by fire, the target’s physical attacks cause burn damage to the target they strike. Striking the target five times with this spell’s effect causes each burning wound to flare up, dealing more damage.

Very Strong

Blessed by the winds, the target’s physical attacks have a chance to strike twice.

Okay. Now, this was interesting.

268