Ch. 14 – Power Ranking
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Now that you better understand what anti-magic is, it’ll be a lot easier to evaluate the sacrant species danger level. The anti-magic is only located on the fangs of the sacrant. As of right now, we still do not fully understand why that is the case. Due to the anti-magic being on the sacrant’s fang, it could easily rip through all defensive magic. This ability alone elevates the danger of the sacrant to C-tier.” (Trainer Joseph)

“C-tier?” I thought to myself. It was also clear that I wasn’t the only one confused by the new terminology. A classmate sitting a seat across from me asked Professor Joseph the question.

“Professor Joseph, what does C-tier mean?” (???)

Although the student had interrupted Professor Joseph, he didn’t seem to mind it too much and proceeded to answer the question calmly.

“Some of you might already be familiar with how the magic association grades strength. But for those of you who do not know, the magic association used a letter system to categorize power. It goes by F, the weakest, then E, D, C, B, A, and lastly, S, the strongest highest category.” (Trainer Joseph)

“How exactly powerful is each category?” The same student asked.

“Good question. For context, all of you students right now would be unconsidered unlettered. Maybe except for a select few of you, all of you are not strong enough to be even considered F-tier, which is expected. You’re all still children at best. Being very general, if one can beat an entire group of normal, grown adults by themselves, they are considered F-tier. An E-tier could take on a team of bandits by themselves, and at D-tier, one could be the captain of a soldier squadron. However, once one enters the rank of C-tier, they are now considered to be strong. B-tier is for the elites, and A-tier is for the elite of the elites. Lastly, at S-tier, one becomes a walking natural disaster.” (Trainer Joseph)

“What’s your rank, professor?” (???)

“I’m C-rank.” (Trainer Joseph)

“Wow, so you must be strong then!” (???)

“Nah, compared to the folks of B-rank, I’m nothing.” (Trainer Joseph)

“Huh? But isn’t B-rank only a rank higher than C-rank?” (???)

“The ranks are not determined linearly. In the letter system, the power increases exponentially. C-ranks like myself cannot hold a candle to B-ranks, let alone the ranks above that.” (Professor Joseph)

“Are there any ranks above S rank?” (???)

“There is, but beyond S rank, one is leaving behind their mortality and entering the ranks of godhood. There is much debate regarding the actuality of ranks beyond S rank. Our only knowledge of a power level beyond S rank originates from old scriptures and fables. I, for one, believe that one could transcend S rank. It’s just that no one has gotten that strong yet.” (Professor Joseph)

“Alright! Enough with that, this is a class about magical creatures, for crying out loud. We can’t keep sidetracking like this.” (Professor Joseph)

For the rest of the class, the professor talked about the other characteristics and behaviors of the sacrant. However, I was not paying attention to the class. Instead, I was distracted by the thought of how to become more powerful. The professor’s talk about how power is ranked reminded me of what my purpose was. To accomplish my goal, I needed strength, strength that could topple the world.

The next class was the Study of Magical Vegetation. I heard it was pretty much the same with the Study of Magical Creatures except with plants instead. I had missed this class yesterday due to being in a coma, and I had heard many great things about the teacher, so I was very much looking forward to the class.

Walking into the classroom, a short, petite woman wearing very outdoorsy clothing greeted us. From reading my syllabus, I knew that that was Mrs. Oxford, the professor for this class.

“Good morning Professor Oxford.”

“Good morning dear. What’s your name, child?” (Professor Oxford)

“I’m Azrail World.”

“Oh. I’m so sorry to hear what happened to you yesterday.” (Professor Oxford)

“Don’t worry about it. I’m on my way to getting used to only seeing with one eye.”

“That’s the spirit. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to ask me.” (Professor Oxford)

“Thank you, professor.”

1