Ch. 21 – Cliche
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What’s the problem with that professor?”

“He’s known to be harsh in his teaching style. Just accept it.” (Valde)

“Giving me detention for missing the first day’s homework because I was in a coma. That’s overboard.”

“I think so too, but there’s nothing I could do.” (Valde)

“Who is he anyway.”

“He’s quite famous actually.” (Valde)

“What? For being a strict professor?”

“No, for being a terror in the battlefield.” (Valde)

“Huh?”

“Just like Principal Bonner, he’s also a war hero. Professor Costanzo fought besides Bonner in the war. But unlike Principal Bonner, who became famous from his leadership, Professor Constanzo gained notoriety for being a menace on the battlefield.” (Valde)

“Wow. I didn’t know.”

“I don’t blame you. You only learned of the existence of magic for what, three weeks?” (Valde)

“Damn, now I feel worse. I pissed off a great figure like that on my first day, and my luck sucks.”

“I don’t think it might necessarily be a bad thing. I have a feeling that this might be more of an opportunity rather than a setback.” (Valde)

“Why do you say that?”

“Since teaching here, you’re the first student he’s given detention to. There’s something here that meets more than the eye could see.” (Valde)

“Let’s hope so then.”

“Off to our next class then.” (Valde)

“Magic in combat, right?”

“Yeah.” (Valde)

“What am I even going to do? I don’t even know how to cast a basic spell, let alone a combat spell.”

“We’re probably going to be split into groups based on skill.” (Valde)

“Oh yeah. Hopefully, I learn something today.”

“You will.” (Valde)

The Magic in Combat class was in the gymnasium where Valde and I had our little fighting session in the battle pit. The “professor” was already waiting for all of us. The lad didn’t quite look like a professor as he was donning a full-on combat uniform. As Valde had expected, the professor separated us into two groups, one that already knew how to cast spells and one that didn’t.

Looking at the group of students who already knew how to cast spells, I could tell that they were all from nobility. Their higher quality cloaks, their manner of speaking and walking, and their frequent demeaning gaze directed at my group oozed of nobility.

I was surprised to find out that Ronald was part of my group and not the nobility group. I assumed he already knew a few spells. This is an excellent opportunity for me to mend our relationship.

Wham!

The entrance to the gymnasium was pushed open, and a stout person walked in. This person looked a lot more like a professor as they were wearing clothing more readily associated with professors. As he was approaching the noble group, he looked at my group with apparent disgust in his eyes. I already knew where this was going.

“I am Professor Dardanos. I am considered one of the greatest battle mages to have ever existed. For the record, I will only teach those of noble blood. I will punish any filthy commoners who even dare try to leech off my greatness. Follow me, superior students. This gymnasium is for brutes. We have a better facility to practice in.” (Professor Dardanos)

After saying so, Professor Dardones led the nobles out of the gymnasium to a gymnasium exclusive to students of noble blood.

All the noble students followed except one, which was Valde.

“Why are you standing still? Follow me. You can belittle those trashes later.” (Professor Dardones)

“I believe there is a misunderstanding. I’m staying here.” (Valde)

“What? Here? With the commoners?” (Professor Dardones)

“Yes, with the commoners.” (Valde)

“What are you, a fucking commoner lover?” (Professor Dardones)

“If you say it like that, then yes.” (Valde)

“What’s your name?” (Professor Dardones)

“I’m Valde Zinyra, the fourth son of the elven Zinyra family.” (Valde)

“Here this filth lover, I, the great Zach Dardones, expel you, Valde Zinyra, from my class. You can now enjoy playing with trash. I’ll dream of the day when you sprawl in front of me, begging for me to let you back into my class.” (Professor Dardones)

“Yeah, keeping dreaming about it.” (Valde)

“Did you just insult me? Me, the one and only Zach Dardones in front of a group of commoners?” (Professor Dardones)

“Yeah, are you going to cry about it?” (Valde)

“YOU IMBECILE! I WILL EXPEL YOU!” (Professor Dardones)

“Last time I checked; you don’t have that kind of authority.” (Valde)

0