Ch. 23 – Ronald
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It’s not over yet. For the remaining time in class, I want you to get in pairs of two and spar against each other. It doesn’t matter if you don’t know how to fight, just start swinging.” (Trainer Kuzman)

This was my chance. I quickly walked beside Ronald and initiated our spar before he could find someone else to partner with.

“Hey, what are you doing?” Ronald exclaimed when I punched him with no warning.

I purposely didn’t respond and kept swinging. Ronald eventually understood that I wasn’t going to speak and started to fight back, though he was obviously holding back.

I did not hold back in the spar as I was using all the tricks I knew. Gradually, I managed to push Ronald into the corner of the gymnasium, putting him in a very bad spot. At this point, it was over. After dodging one of Ronald’s flimsy punches, I kneed him hard, causing him to fall over, clutching his stomach. I sat down next to the now hyperventilating Ronald.

“You know, I don’t blame you for losing my eye. But if this is all you got, then I’m pretty disappointed.”

Ronald didn’t know how to respond.

“It is already a matter of the past. Mulling about it isn’t going to change anything. You’re not doing anyone any favors by acting the way you currently are. Get over it already.”

Ronald seemed to have brightened up a little bit.

“Do you want to continue sparring?”

“Sure.” (Ronald)

And off we went sparring against each other until the class was over.

.
.
.

“Where’d you learn your moves from Azrail? I didn’t take you as much of a fighter.” (Ronald)

“I grew up getting dragged into street fights. You’re bound to learn the basics of fighting after going through the number of street fights I’ve been in.”

“Damn. You’ve got to teach me how to do that grab of yours. I couldn’t do anything to block it.” (Ronald)

“You’re better off asking Valde for help if you want to get better at grappling. He’s the expert.”

“Valde?” (Ronald)

“Yeah, Valde. He beat me in a spar earlier today. His grappling skills are not to be underestimated.”

“Wow, I didn’t even know that he knows how to fight.” (Ronald)

“Haven’t you two known each other since childhood?”

“Yeah, but...” (Ronald)

“When did you two get back together?” cut in Valde, who suddenly appeared.

“During the spar.”

“That’s good to hear. Let’s head off to our last class then” (Valde)

.
.
.

The last class of the day was the potion-making class. I didn’t know what to expect from the class as the idea of drinking magical potions still seemed so foreign to me.

Unlike the other classes, the potion-making class was purposely built underground where it was freezing to preserve the potion ingredients better. From the school’s standpoint, this was a great idea. However, it was terrible from a student’s standpoint because it was always icy in the classroom.

The teacher of the potion-making class had deathly pale skin, black hair, sagging skin, and pitch-black eyes, the perfect combination to appear as unfriendly as possible.

“Quiet students. The class will begin shortly,” the professor said.

After saying so, the professor continued reading the book in his hands. He closed his book the precise moment the bell rang.

“For students who do not know me yet, I am Professor Llewellyn. Let us begin class.” (Professor Llewellyn)

“Continuing where we left off yesterday, let us continue to brew the cat vision potion. For those who were not here yesterday, find someone who was to pair up with.” (Professor Llewellyn)

“Yesterday, we had finished preparing the ingredients and purifying the water to use as a base for the potion. Why do we purify the water?” (Professor Llewellyn)

A student raised their hand.

“Yes?” (Professor Llewellyn)

“We purify the water because it gets rid of all the impurities within the water that might impact the process of brewing the potion,” the student answered.

“Yes, you are mostly correct.” (Professor Llewellyn)

“Besides ridding the water of all impurities, the purified water acts as a great base for different ingredients to blend together, thus also improving our chances of successfully brewing the potion.” (Professor Llewellyn)

“Our first step today is to boil the purified water in the brewing pot. After the water boils, gently place the moonglow mushrooms into the boiling water. Once the moonglow mushrooms fully dissolve in the water, place the powdered form of light crystals and four whiskers of cat hair together at the same time. Stir the mixture immediately afterward until the water takes on a purple cue.” (Professor Llewellyn)

“You may now begin.” (Professor Llewellyn)

0