Ch. 28 – Cheeseburger
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are we all satisfied with our answers?"

 

"No issue here." (Valde) 

 

"Same here." (Ronald)

 

"Alright, that means we're finally done with homework!" 

 

"What now?" (Ronald)

 

"Well, it's getting pretty late, so I think we should start getting ready to go to sleep." (Valde)

 

"You serious? You're so boring." (Ronald)

 

"What do you suggest we do then if you're so interesting." (Valde)

 

"Let's head to the forbidden section in the library." (Ronald)

 

"You do understand what the word 'forbidden' means, right?" (Valde)

 

"Yeah I know." (Ronald)

 

"What is it?" (Valde)

 

"Forbidden means something is not allowed or is prohibited." (Ronald)

"Ok, so why do you suggest we go to the forbidden section of the library then!" (Valde)

 

"Because it'll be fun." (Ronald)

 

"This is another dumb antic of yours. Remember what happened last time when you said something studied like this? In case you forgot, Azrail lost his left eye and was put into a coma!" (Valde)

 

Seemingly having picked a scab that was just beginning to heal, Ronald meekly replied, "I uh—"

 

"Hey. Remember what we agreed upon Valde. That was in the past. We don't mention that anymore."

 

"My apologizes, I wasn't thinking when I said that." (Valde)

 

"This forbidden section of the library sounds very interesting. Could you go more in-depth?"

 

Recovering from his earlier show of sadness, Ronald happily replied, "I heard the books in the forbidden section of the library contain powerful spells. Legend says that if one can master any spell from any of the books in there, they would become the strongest student in the grade."

 

"That's just a stupid rumor made by older classmates to trick new students into getting in trouble. I thought no one would be dumb enough to take them seriously, but I stand to be wrong." (Valde)

 

"Let's do it." 

 

"Great, meet in the common room at precisely midnight tonight. We'll meet there." (Ronald)

 

"Sure thing. See you then." 

 

"Wait, you two can't be serious. Just think of the trouble you'll get into if you two are caught." (Valde)

 

"It'll be worth it."

 

"Wow. Ronald's stupidity is actually contagious." (Valde)

 

"You see in the common room tonight." (Ronald)

 

"What makes you think that I'm going to come moron. You two can do something stupid like that together, don't drag me into it." (Valde)

 

"Whatever, I know you'll come." (Ronald)

 

"Keep dreaming about it." (Valde)

 

.

.

.

 

(Midnight)

 

"Pssst, you here Ronald?" 

 

"Over here." (Ronald)

 

"How long have you been waiting here?" 

 

"Maybe ten minutes. Don't worry about it." (Ronald)

 

"You really think Valde is going to come?"

 

"Definitely." (Ronald)

 

"Why are you so confident?"

 

"It might not look like it on the surface, but deep down, Valde is more adventurous than all of us. He won't be able to resist the temptation of exploring the forbidden section of the library. Speak of the devil. Look who's here." (Ronald)

 

A clearly annoyed Valde sneaked his way into the common room.

 

“Hey Valde.” (Ronald)

 

“Fuck off.” (Valde)

 

"No need for the aggression mate. At the end of the day, I knew you'd come." (Ronald)

 

"Another word and I will leave. Let's get this over with." (Valde)

 

Using the darkness as our cover, the three of us discreetly made our way to the library. 

 

"Damnit, the door to the library is locked." 

 

"Let me give it a try." (Valde)

 

Valde retrieved his wand from his pocket and started quietly mumbling an incantation. As he was chanting, a dim white glow appeared on the tip of his wand, and the library door's lock slightly trembled.

 

"The security magic on this lock is too advanced for me to pick. I won't be able to unlock it." (Valde)

 

"Hmmm, follow me. I think I know how we'll be able to get in." (Ronald)

 

Ronald brought us around the library's exterior until we walked into a narrow alley just behind the library. Ronald proceeded to lightly tap the walls until, at one point, his finger passed through the wall as if the wall wasn't real.

 

"Found it." (Ronald)

 

"What is that?" (Valde)

 

"It's an illusionary wall." (Ronald)

 

"How'd you know it was there?" (Valde)

 

"Earlier today, I was talking with some seniors, and they let me in on this secret. Supposedly, a senior created this illusionary wall a few decades ago, and it has been a well-guarded secret among a tight group ever since. That's why the school never found out about it." (Ronald)

 

"Ok, that makes sense, so why they tell you the secret then?" (Valde)

 

"I guess they just really liked me. Charisma has its benefits Valde, though you wouldn't know about it with how grumpy and cold you always are." (Ronald)

 

"Fuck off." (Valde)

 

"There, you're proving my point." (Ronald)

 

"Could the two of you shut up please? Anymore bantering between the two of you, and I swear we're going to be caught by the night sentinels."

 

"Fine." (Ronald)

 

"Alright. To pass through the illusionary wall, you need to mutter the passphrase." (Ronald)

 

"What's the passphrase?"

 

"Cheeseburger." (Ronald)

 

Bobby is always thinking about when he's going to be fed.

hUjRKyS.jpg

 

1