Chapter 1 – Its not easy to get someone owe you
66 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1- Its not easy to get someone owe you

Phase: The Five Stars 

Arc 1: Life in Silvegard Empire 

*Phase’s name is nothing but the universe mc stays in*  

# # # # # 

It has been a week since I have come to this world. Nothing noticeable has occurred till now. There were a few bandit attacks while going to the city but restraining them and procuring information was easy. It appears that there are Ids and we should pay to enter without them. The money here is in nies and is something like, 

Copper coin = 10 nies  

Silver coin = 1000 nies *thousand* 

Gold coin = 100000 nies *hundred thousand 

White gold coin = 10000000 nies *ten million* 

Meals are approximately 2-3 copper so that’s 20 to 30 nies. Money can be earned in many ways and there seems to be organizations called guilds that can issue IDs to people. The civilization is surprisingly medieval and people are conferred status cards for free at any appraiser and alchemist. It sounds awfully similar to those rpg games I played. Well even if you have a status card you won't be exempted from fees unless you have an ID. 

The bandits were registered at adventurers guild but they did not get an Id as they were not eligible for it. Weapons are common and people are familiar with the existence of other worlds but according to them God of creation created all the worlds so, they probably meant other worlds in the same universe and not other universes. There are various kingdoms and this world is called human realm. The other worlds are called spirit realm, demon realm, fairy realm, divine realm. Also the people here are aware of the existence of gods. 

I take the map from the items I robbed from bandits. 

The nearest city is the capital city of Silvegard empire, Velchise. 

From what I have heard it’s a monarchy and a multi-racial state so it might be fit for me to go there.  

I ran for about three hours to reach the borders. 

I look at the humongous gate in front of me. 

“It is similar to rpg games.........” 

“Is it your first time to the capital city, sir?” 

I observe the person who spoke to me while studying him. He is dressed in a red robe and appears to be someone around 30s.  

“You are?” 

“Oh! pardon me, I am Velvet” 

“A member of the magician guild?” 

I ask as I remember the information I got from bandits. 

“Yes” 

“I am Tatsuya. So why did you call me out?” 

I reply with a random name I made. 

“You are going straight to the point, huh” “you see that coat of yours is quite similar to the one stolen from an acquaintance of mine” 

He says so while pointing at the coat I found at the bandits hideout. 

“So, you are claiming that I was the one who stole it” 

“No, I would not dare to but, can you show any proof of your ownership over it” 

“Why should I? You cannot force everyone and anyone who wears the same coat to show their ownership over it. ” 

“You see although the ones who stole it do not know its value. It is something akin to a national treasure and the coat you are clothed in has a strikingly similar or very similar magic wavelength to the one that was lost. I believe it could not be a coincidence. ” 

“Magic wavelength?............” 

“Oh, it is a secret method employed by the magicians guild to find lost magic articles”  

Convinced that the person is someone of a high standing. I changed my way of approach. 

“I found it in a bandits hideout and I believe when a person captures bandits all the belongings found there are rightfully his.” 

“That would be true when you actually subjugated them but if you found them by chance or stole it from the bandits it should be given to the town’s authority or gatekeeper” 

“Are you implying that I lied?” 

“No, but I would like you to show the proof of subjugation”     

The man says while he wears a smug expression on his face. I am certain that he assumes I do not have the strength to defeat bandits. 

“Fine, I will show you their corpses” 

I remove the corpses out of my space pocket. It feels disgusting to put them there and I would be happy if I would not have to store them in there, after all. But I am irritated by this long conversation and this man. 

# # # # # 

“_________Fine, I will show you their corpses” 

He says and pulls out 30 to 40 corpses out of somewhere, probably a magic bag. 

I was astonished at the amount and he must be someone of considerable strength to deal with all these people.  

I look at the strange young man who remains calm even after facing someone from magicians guild. I assumed that he is someone with a large backing but it does not seem to be true with him. 

Magicians guild is one of the strongest guilds in existence. It is a guild with very few members and we are highly respected to our strength and achievements. 

He must also be in possession of a magic bag with very large capacity to be able to store all those corpses. 

I was dispatched by magicians guild superiors to find this article that was lost in midst of transport from one branch to other. It was excavated in the ruins of the old kingdom’s palace. Although it only has the ability to protect the user from all kinds of elementary magic, it was produced with low-cost materials. So, the researchers would like the inscriptions inside it to find out its method of creation and use them to advance in their research. 

Now that he took out the corpses it is hard for me to take it from him. 

“Can I leave now?”  

“Even if it is yours now, it is something important to the magicians guild. I can buy it from you.” 

It is better if I just buy it. 

“I cannot give it to you. It might be of some use for me” 

Ha..... if it is like this I might as well tell him what the coat is used for. 

“Do I believe you?” 

He replies so after I tell him about it. 

“Yes, you can believe me” 

“Your organization owes me one.” 

“We would gladly help you as long it is within the capabilities of the magicians guild”  

Now that it has come to this, I should discuss this with the guild master. 

Readers, please mention typos or grammatical mistakes if found

0