Ch. 7 – First Move Of A New War
93 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Senior Kaz! Senior Kaz!”

“Don’t shout… I can already feel the situation.”

From the view of the highest tower, an eerie atmosphere was covering the whole town yet it was still bustling as usual. Normal citizens do not realize the danger that was coming to their place. But those with power, especially people who can sense mana well feel the threat looming in Franz.

“Do we retreat towards the capital?”

“I believe it is too late… Immediately call the rest of the Sages! I’m afraid this presence can only mean one thing.”

“The Demon Lord!!!”

“That is the worst-case scenario, but it has been a hundred years before their side made any moves.”

The lower rank supervisor went ahead and run towards the secret passage located on the most unsuspicious corner of the room. Behind the most hidden secret of the tower, a purple crystal the size of a normal adult human was floating in the middle of a complicated magic rune circle.

Chanting a spell only the top-most people of Franz knows, the purple crystal began to emit a thin thread of mana forming a line that points towards the south. This was the best communication crystal people of Tephnasia could create. And it was enough for a written message made out mana to reach the destination in only an hour delay for the farthest location inside their own continent.

“Senior Kaz, I’ve finished sending the request for back-up.”

“Good. Now order the knights to activate the Protection Dome… I hope it can last before others can reach us and help… Why have the demons started moving now?”

“Hey, does that cloud look strange to you?”

“What are you talking about? That means it would be raining soon so we need to finish this before we get wet under those heavy dark clouds.”

“No- It does not look like your simple cloud.”

*Cling! Cling! Cling!*

“What! The thirteen hells with that loud alarm?”

“IDIOT! That alarm means something bad is going to happen! Go back to your family! We need to weapon ourselves once again.”

Two retired knights who had not hold their swords for a decade brought back their courage to protect families from the danger incoming that was coming to Franz.

“Did you need to do that?”

“We were about to die, of course I would do that.”

If Arthur was here, he would recognize these three who were panting rapidly. All their adrenaline has been used which made their legs wobbly after escaping what seems to be a certain death situation.

“Do you know why those fuckers suddenly showed up?”

“N-n-no. W-we just got orders from the higher up to close the gate.”

The eldest among the group grabbed the collars of one guard situated at the gate. He was lucky the one he threatens was someone new to the job or else he would be the one stuttering their sentences.

Fear was in everyone’s eyes, especially those who were able to see the situation on the other side of the gate. Although the barrier significantly improved their emotion because this was a magic spell prepared by dozens of A-tier level magicians.

“Shit! Can no one explain what those ugly demons doing in our town?!”

“...”

While this group was gathering their wits back to normal once again, dozens of heavy-armored knights and people dressed as magic casters began marching towards the center of the town.

“Everyone calm down and retreat to the Academia building.”

A soft yet audible voice rang on the ears of every person living in the town. This includes the group of three.

Despite not knowing clearly the situation, these normal people already get the gist of what was happening because a bunch of flying demons were scratching or charging the translucent barrier of magic.

Screams of horror and chaos began combusting on the minds of these citizens, but those knights and magicians were able to somewhat control them with force- Somewhat because it still caused a stampede between different kinds of people.

Old or young, man or woman, pregnant or not... Every single one of them was running to the supposed evacuation safe place their town have.

“Move you damn old woman! You’ve got your years already so let us young kids live more.”

“Jin, stop trying to push people away. Those knights are looking at us.”

The people of order were going to stop this group from bulldozing through the crowd if they take it further. Naturally, because of their actions, many who have seen it made sure to remember their faces for later.

*BOOM....BOOM...BOOM*

A black ball with the size comparable to their walls was hitting the protective barrier of everyone’s hope. Each time this magic collided with what seemingly looks like a fragile glass behind its power, cracks started appearing on the surface of the barrier one after another... Until finally it gave in.

Those people who were watching this lost a part of their soul as they see an immeasurable amount of flying demons heading towards them.

However, none have reached them so far. Those knights and magicians along with many adventurers retaliate with their own attack after they see they had no choice.

Magic of different elements strikes down these demons like flies. Swords have slashed the wings and heads of those who were charging towards innocent civilians.

It’s like an Inheritance galore with the spectacle these people were giving. This scene gave people on the weaker side hope after seeing no demons have passed the collective effort of the strong.

But it was too early to celebrate because the door and giant stone walls that were stopping the land-based demons were beginning to fall.

Many have not seen demons before. But in just the span of a few minutes, tens of thousands of demons are now running towards them.

“Bless me my God, and give me a spare of your strength...”

Icicles started to crystalize from thin air. Temperature dropped below zero yet no one on the side of the invaded felt it. The number of icicles formed after five breathes was similar to the number of demons who were able to enter their town.

“Nawa!”

This superior ice magic descends like a lightning strike piercing through the vital points of the uncharacteristic body of the enemies. One by one they fall with their demonic hearts halting to beat.

“It’s Senior Kaz!!!”

Residents, knights, magicians, and even some demons were able to recognize the man who annihilated a significant part of the invading army. Cheers and celebration brought back the hope of Franz’s people while this elderly figure has brought despair to the eyes of the demons.

It was not only Kaz who entered the scene, famous people with strength also joined the fray. The beautiful yet enigmatic healer of Franz, Faye… The man whose name is unknown and has always been addressed as the Supervisor… And many more.

Literally, the most powerful individuals of Franz have gathered today. Rightfully so.

“You’ve finally shown up.”

Despite the explosive entrance these people had, there was one woman who did not care. Seeing one of the Great Sage stepping into the battlefield, this woman traverses the sky slowly.

“You’re not the Demon Lord!”

“I may be the newest disciple, but how come no one knows my name here…”

The lady emitting the aura that created the whole fiasco in the first place looked down. She may be meters away from the ground, but her seductive yet fear-inducing voice entered everyone’s ears.

“I guess I need to introduce myself first for me to be known…”

“May I ask what’s the purpose of this sudden visit?”

Kaz was the representative on the humanity side. However, he cannot help but show a hint of fear with his voice when talking to the domineering aura the lady flying above had. He will try to negotiate with this person but he understands the chances of that happening was close to zero. He only wanted to waste time so that the people behind him can help retreat those civilians while he incites a spell in his mind an apocalyptic type of magic.

“You should know that I’m the only one who should be asking questions here.”

As soon as she said that, a black hole tear into an empty space where men and women were running away.

“Ahhh! N-n-no! MY CHILD!!!”

Those who were unlucky to be standing in the vicinity of this black hole had their whole body sucked into oblivion. While those who were more fortunate to be just inches away only had their limbs or part of their body join the devastation.

It was so sudden that Kaz or the guardians were not able to stop some people from running blindly towards this black hole. Only when a quarter of the population suffered the worst fate did they stop on their tracks.

Red stains covered the outer circle of the dozen-meter radius hole in the empty space. Chaos once again ensues. But this time was the worst.

“Disturb my introduction once again and I’m going to create two more of those.”

“…I’m sorry, Demon lady”

Haughty Kaz may be, but he knows his strength. He may be able to repel some of those demonic magic spells, but he knows very well what his limit was. Not to mention, the lives of many was under his responsibility.

“I’m Queen P’Zeph, the thirteenth Disciple of Lord Azazel!”

All demons ceased everything that they were doing and knelt in ways their weird structured bodies could do.

Ranks are the determining factors for how society works in the continent of demons. P’Zeph being a member of the thirteen disciples of their Allmighty Lord Azazel means that she was the most looked-up individual in this massive army. She controls everyone’s fate. She can order them to kill themselves if she blatantly orders them to.

“Those who still wants to live… I suggest you do the same.”

People were not able to understand her words at first. But seeing those ruthless demons kneeling quietly not minding their master’s behavior, they soon followed what they were doing.

Having to see that the person they thought was untouchable is now bowing his head hopelessly, they had no choice but to place their lives at the mercy of their invaders.

There were still stubborn people who have their pride to never bow down to anyone, especially demons. An example was a young man who just got his Inheritance recently and got a bright future ahead of him because of his A-tier Inheritance. Knowing that his life would be smooth sailing until today, he cannot accept these demons came here to put them under their control.

This choice of his was poor because as soon as the majority of the Teph descendants knelt down, those who remained standing got their heads blown up by the same magic that massacred a thousand in seconds.

“Hahaha! This is more what I like. Dogs that are obedient are always the best!”

Laughter of P’Zeph spread throughout the hearts of everyone present. Demons or not, they can feel why her words can control the life or death of anyone.

However, before the Demon Disciple can do anything with her captives, a magic circle formed in the troposphere that was so large that it covered the whole town. It was a scale that only P’Zeph can create although it does not have that Demonic Energy they have witnessed. Instead, it was the familiar blessing of Teph only his descendants can create.

“Who the fuck dares to disturb my first victory!”

“Tell you’re Lord he is going to regret starting a war.”

The owner of that voice did not show themselves. Or it was better to say that they were not in Franz in the first place. All it did was activate the magic circle which covered everyone inside the town with blue particles of light.

With the exception of those not born with Teph’s blessing, those particles highlighted everyone’s body until none of their skin can be seen.

This gathered the vigilance of P’Zeph. However, she was too late to do anything before her captives were teleported away under their very own eyes. Having her playthings escape just like that was a big slap on her face after she was already celebrating the success of her first task. 

But now, all she can do was release her anger by destroying Franz with her magic- Not minding the casualty her demon army had because of friendly fire.

 

2