Chapter 1.4: Gentle Young Man
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1.4: Gentle Young Man

Panicked, I kept on running until I was out of breath.

*Huff* *Huff*

"Haa... Where am I...?"

I looked around my surroundings. Oh no, I don't have a map with me...

I heavily sighed and sat down on the grass.

It seems that I'm in a garden or something. There are flowers everywhere, as well as lots of trees.

'Huh... It's awfully quiet in here.'

Well, I guess it's because everyone's busy partying in the school gym. I took a deep breath as I leaned on the tree trunk behind me.

I should apologize to Reika-san later...

My muscles started to relax as I breathe in the fresh air. This garden seemed to be especially well taken care of. I closed my eyes, wanting to take a small nap.

"Hello?"

"Wah—!"

Suddenly, an unfamiliar voice startled me, making me open my eyes.

"Ah... Sorry, did I scare you?"

A pink-haired man asked me with a gentle voice.

He had light pink hair that was tied into a low ponytail, yellow droopy eyes that resembled gold, and an attractive mole next to his mouth.

"...I was just slightly startled, haha."

I awkwardly scratched my head. I didn't think I'd find someone here!

My eyes started to sparkle. Is he perhaps the one who takes care of this garden? Even so, I'm so lucky to have found such a great friend candidate like him!

I rejoiced in my heart. Who knew it would be so easy to find friends in this school?

"Are you the one who looks after these flowers?"

I curiously asked as I shifted my gaze towards the lively dahlias and carnations.

"Indeed. I have a hobby of gardening, so I tend to come here after school and water them."

"Oh... Really? What's your name?"

I turned my head back towards him with twinkling eyes.

"My name is Jun. Jun Mochizuki."

"That's a nice name! I'm Haru Kobayashi."

I cheerfully introduced myself with a smile, slightly startling him.

"I see. Are you a first year? I don't think I've seen you here before."

He tilted his head slightly with a calm smile. If I were to describe his appearance, It'd be "Prince Charming".

'Now that I think about it...'

He and Reika-san would make a good couple... A princess and her prince... The moon and the sun...

I stared at him even more. His aura felt just like Reika's, but more gentle... Like the wind.

"...?"

Jun tilted his head further, confused by my blank answer.

Seeing his reaction, I was immediately awakened from my trance.

"Ah...! Yes! I'm a first year..."

I shyly answered. From the looks of it, he seems to be a second year?

"Oh, that explains it."

Jun chuckled lightly.

"I'm a second year. It's a pleasure to meet you."

He bowed his head slightly with a smile like a nobleman. Seriously though... Why do all these people act like they're some sort of nobility...?

"I-It's nice to meet you too."

I smiled back at him.

"JUUNNNNN—"

A sudden loud shout that came out of nowhere made me flinch in surprise.

"...Huh?"

Confused, I looked behind Jun. There seemed to be multiple girls running after... Jun?

"...My deepest apologies, it seems that I must go now."

He quietly whispered to me before running to the other exit in full speed.

As I looked back, the girls looked enraged as they chased him with signs that read:
"Jun you bastard!", or "Go to hell, bastard!"

'...What? Was he a bad person...?'

I slightly tilted my head as the horde of girls passed by me very quickly. Shortly after they left, a leaf dropped on my head.

'Maybe things aren't what they seem...?'

I pick up the leaf on my head and fiddle with it playfully, confused about what just happened.

1