Li Min, Math Prodigy
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Li Min, 7th grade student from Class - 7A. One of the elite students of City M's most prestigious school, Tou Nao Academy. The school has been City M's contender for competitions in many areas, especially in Mathematics. Li Min has shown exceptional talent in Mathematics in the whole school year, acing all the Math Classes. He has also shown that he is well balanced in the rest of the subjects, cementing his status as one of the elite students. Known as the Math Prodigy of Tou Nao Academy, Li Min sets to prove once again in the school's Finals on why he is the the best student in Mathematics there.

10 minutes before dismissal, the teacher was discussing the upcoming Finals next week.

Meng Laoshi: The Finals will be equal to 40% of your total grade. This week will be used as your preparation for all the subjects' topics of the whole school year.

A bunch of complaining sounds can be heard in Class - 7A as the teacher further explains the Finals. Li Min was busy doodling on his notebook; suddenly, the person on the adjacent sit went closer to him.

Jin Bao: Lao Da, Lao Da.

Jin Bao whispers to Li Min, trying to get his attention. Li Min was showing little annoyance in his face and sigh.

Li Min: Yes, Xiao Jin?

Li Min stopped his doodling and looked at Jin Bao with an unexpressive face. Jin Bao laughed it off and scratched his head as he saw Li Min's dead serious face.  He noticed the doodles Li Min wrote, a bunch of numbers written in a way that you feel like a storm just flew by his notebook.

Jin Bao: May you...

Li Min: Yah, sure.

Jin Bao paused for a while and let out a small laugh. He was about to ask Li Min the same favor he always ask him all school year. Jin Bao and Li Min had became good friends since the 1st day of class. Jin Bao regards him as his Lao Da due to the fact Li Min had been saving his ass in almost every class, especially Math Classes.

Jin Bao: So... you don't mind me interfering with your little date?

Li Min: Call that a date one more time and I will change my mind.

Jin Bao really likes teasing Li Min about this, the embarrassed face of Li Min was always a sight to look at. After a short discussion between them, the bell rang and Meng Laoshi said his farewell. Jin Bao and Li Min decided to stay in their seats while the other students prepare to go out.

Jin Bao: Good thing our seats are in the last row, or else Meng Laoshi scolded our asses. Anyway, may you repeat what he said, I kinda didn't listen hehe.

Li Min coughed blood after hearing this, losing his carefree posture. Jin Bao asked this favor embarrassed since he had always ask him this after discussion.

Li Min: As expected from Xiao Jin, let me just do a brief summary of it.

The Finals

The Finals consists of 100 questions consisting all the subjects' topics discussed in the whole school year. Consisting of 4 sections; multiple choices, identification, short answer, and full solution with an allotted time of 2 hours. This had been the final chance for students to redeem themselves this school year. Getting as much of the 40% possible will be key in passing due to the 60% not being reliable for everyone, but this is not the case for the elite students. They are here to top the student rankings, they are here to prove why they are one of the best. 

Jin Bao: Ah yes, the elite students. If I recall correctly, we have 5 students including you that have the jingying title. I also recall that the one you are going on a da... I mean tutor is one of those 5 students as well.

Jin Bao had only been familiar with 2 jingyingmen. He had notice that they have a unique ID from the rest of the students; it also had this hanzi 精英 next to their names.

Li Min: Yes, she is also one of us. The other 3 are on a different level to be honest, it is such a drag to always keep up with them.

Jin Bao: Come on now! You're the Math Prodigy of our school! I am sure you are on par with those stupid jing...

Li Min quickly covered Jin Bao's mouth since he was about to say something very idiotic that will both get them in trouble. Jin Bao removed Li Min's hand on his mouth and let out an oopsie expression.

Li Min: Are you trying to get us killed!?

Jin Bao: Sorry about that, I was caught in the moment hehe.

Li Min: Anyway, we should head out now, she is probably out there waiting for a while now.

Li Min and Jin Bao prepared their things and proceeded to close their classroom. Li Min had been entrusted by Meng Laoshi to close the classroom when everyone had already left. They now went to the study area where Li Min will be doing his tutoring.

Jin Bao: By the way, why are you teaching her? She is surprisingly a jingying even though I see nothing special about her.

Li Min: I am doing this since I owe her family a lot; also, she really earned that jingying title. I am also tutoring her for another reason.

Jin Bao: Oh, and that's because?

Li Min: I will admit, the other 3 jingyingmen are on another level but, she is a genius.

Take Note of the following terms:

Laoshi (老师): It means teacher and it is put after the surname of the teacher.

Lao Da (老大): It means boss

Xiao (小): it means small and it is put before the surname which is used to address younger people.

Coughed blood (咳血): It is an idiom to show how pissed off they are.

Jingying/Jingyingmen (精英/精英们): It means elite and plurals are formed by adding men.

0