Chapter 1 – The summoning
80 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oscar was walking home from school it was already starting to get dark, when he suddenly heard a voice.

"Come young hero."

Startled Oscar looked around to find the owner of that voice, only to be left questioning because there was nobody there. A little freaked out Oscar continued on his way. Only to hear that same voice call out to him seconds later.

"Young hero we need you"

Seriously freaking out Oscar started to run home, thinking he was being stalked by some weird and potentially dangerous man. He kept running for minutes but the voice continued following him, always sounding like it was just around het corner. Closing in on his house Oscar thought he was going to make it, until suddenly a large and bright circle appeared underneath him. Suddenly he felt like he was falling through the sky, he started screaming until he passed out.

Uhg wh.. what happened? Where am I? Am I dead? As I slowly opened my eyes I saw five other people standing around me. Looking further it looked like we were in a circular room styled like it was from the medieval period.

Just as I was about to ask what is happening a set of double doors opened, entering the room was a man in robes and twenty knights. Wait why are there knights here? Am I dreaming or is this some kind of prankshow?

"Alright everybody if I may have your attention, you all must have quite a bit of questions about what's happening and where you are right now. Worry not all of that will be explained shortly, if you'll be so kind to follow me."

Me and the others followed after the man in robes whilst the twenty knights surrounded us, as we passed through the doors we arrived in a long hallway. There were many paintings decorating the walls most of them being depicting great battles. As we neared the end of the hallway we stood before a massive set of double doors decorated with gold and jewels.

Before we entered through the doors the robed man said that we would be meeting the king Avanth Delacroix. We were warned to show the utmost respect lest we offend the king.

Entering through the doors we walked inside of the throne room still surrounded on al sides by the knights. Directly in front of was on a raise platform the king sat on his throne, guarder by another ten knights.

The King was wearing extravagant robes and looked to be around sixty years old.

When everyone entered the throne room and kneeled in front of the king he spoke.

"Greetings heroes, I have summoned you here to help save this kingdom from destruction for it is being attacked by the demons in the north. During the summoning process each and every one of you has been assigned a hero class to help you in this fight. My assistant Thorne here will ask you one by one to step forward so that he can appraise you and find out what your class is." 

The robed man from earlier stood in front of us and asked the first person to step forward. A young man around the same age of me stepped up and introduced himself.

"Good day my king, my name is Derek and I will be glad help you defeat those demons."

Thorne then used an appraisal item on Derek.

"Congratulations Derek, your class is the Sword hero renowned for its combat ability and bravery."

Up next were the rest of the heroes they went as followed, Connor the spear hero, Freya the archer hero, Declan the mage hero and Sophie the healer hero. All of them agreed to help the king in this war against the demons, which I found quite weird how could they all be so calm and willing to help him. We were just dropped in a random world and now we are asked to risk our lives for people we don't even know.

Then it was my turn.

"You please step forward."

 As I stepped forward sweat started dripping down from my back, why was I chosen for this I don't want this. Standing in front of the assistant Thorne I anxiously awaited what my class would be.

Thorne injected some of his mana in to the appraisal item and my class read as follows.

Oscar Hill - Class: ..............

3