The baby
63 6 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

TWO o'clock in the morning, a man didn't slow his steps to take his little daughter who had just been born to the most luxurious house that has ever existed on earth.

Arriving there, the man rushed to find the host who was usually partying in the back garden every night.

Sure enough, the man found the Host being surrounded by beautiful and sexy women snaking around his body, holding a bejeweled glass filled with a transparent yellow drink.

The host, who had noticed his arrival, immediately chased the females away, so that the male could approach.

"This is your bride-to-be, Your Majesty." The man handed him his tiny baby wrapped in a thick blanket.

The Host rushed up to see the baby. Then he stared at the Baby who was still red and wrinkled for a while.

As if understanding what 'devil' was looking at him, the baby suddenly burst into tears. Making the host even more shocked after seeing the form of a newborn for the first time.

"That, why is her skin like that?" asked the host somewhat horrified, pointing at the Baby.

"The skin of a newborn is like this, Your Majesty," the man replied.

He looked at the baby again to make sure and was immediately greeted with louder cries.

"She doesn't look pretty," said the host, who was aghast from the baby's cries.

"Sorry Your Majesty." The man looked down deeply.

"Okay, just take it." The Host waved his hand and sat back down.

"Very well, Your Majesty." The man looked down and took a few steps back.

"Hey!" Exclamation Host. "Which hospital was she born in? Yours or mine?"

"Mine, Your Majesty," replied the man.

The host nodded, "Okay, so I don't need to call the hospital, right?"

"That's right, Your Majesty." The man bowed once again and then left.

All the way from the backyard to the front yard, which might be more ideal if you ride a motorcycle taxi, the man kept looking at the little princess he had been waiting for for so long. He still can't believe he's become a father.

The man kept looking at his daughter until he didn't notice the presence of someone who had been following him for almost a minute.

"Is it really a girl?" asked the person suddenly

The man who was carrying the baby immediately turned his head and looked somewhat surprised at the robed man his age who had come out of nowhere.

"Arion." The man looked back at the baby. "Just startled me." Although it's not the first time the man named Arion has suddenly appeared like this, the new father seems still not used to it.

"Unfortunately so," the man continued after his heart had calmed down a bit.

"So it's true that he's the last descendant." Arion reached into something inside the robe. Then he took out some kind of writing utensil with the tip like a small paintbrush decorated with a circular clock on it. The clock made a ticking sound that was so fast, in sync with the hands that were spinning without a break.

After flicking his right hand to keep it from being covered by the cloak, Arion began to write something in the air.

Glittering gold ink just came out following the movement of Arion's hand to form a sentence that sounded.

"The last guard has been born. Tell the entire population of 0disyde, prepare for the greatest war."

A second later the writing disappeared as if it had been absorbed into another dimension, leaving behind gold grains that slowly disappeared as well.

"What's his name, Egro?" asked Arion.

"My wife, asking her to be named—"

"Oh, bad!" Arion shouted quietly, right after seeing the three bodyguards staring at them.

"They must have seen it," said Egro quietly.

"You brought that thing?" Ask Arion.

"I always carry it." Egro reached into something in the pocket of his black coat, took out a small wooden vial the size of a thumb filled with a magenta-colored liquid, then gave it to Arion discreetly.

The two of them casually walked over to the guards who spontaneously pulled out firearms from under their respective coats

"Relax, we came in peace," said Arion.

"You think we're aliens?" Egro does not accept.

"Perhaps," said Arion, "we are not natives of the earth."

"Remain still!" one of the guards ordered.

"Relax, gentlemen." Arion raised both hands. "Look, we don't carry any weapons except this little baby." Arion and Egro continued to approach.

"What's that in your hand?" asked one of the guards as the two mysterious men were only five feet apart.

"Oh, this." Arion opened the bottle cap with his thumb. "You want to see?" Arion drew closer, while Ergo seemed to keep his distance.

Then Arion spilled a magenta colored liquid at the guards and within seconds, the liquid turned into a matching colored smoke.

The guards didn't flinch. The puff of smoke presents a brief hallucination that can make anyone 'smirk'

Although small in size, the smoke produced is able to cover the entire body of the guard and stay in the air for quite a long time.

Arion used this opportunity to return the guards' firearms to their respective places.

"What is this thing?" Arion asked in awe because it was the first time he had seen a gun.

"That's their weapon." Egro answered simply, hoping that Arion wouldn't ask further, so he could get back to the hospital before his wife woke up.

"They made it themselves? Wow! What's the point?" Arion was still spinning the last gun he hadn't returned.

"It can give off a small hot, sharp cylinder at high speed. So it can pierce your skin, bones, and heart if you don't finish it soon."

"Cool!" Arion is getting more and more impressed. "I like this thing." Apparently Arion had secretly put the gun into his robes.

Egro glared. "Give it back, Arion!"

Arion looked nonchalantly tidying up his robes.

"Give it back, Arion! Quick! He could be killed by Rui if he loses his weapon for no reason."

"Okay, okay." It was with a heavy heart that Arion put the gun back under the coat of one of the guards almost as the smoke cleared.

Arion hastily returned to the place before they realized and read the names written on the guards' coats.

"Hey, Dion, Sam, and Rick. What a coincidence! You were wanted by Mr. earlier." Arion reasoned.

The three guards looked confused as they fingered the gun behind him.

"Hurry! You know the consequences if you are late!" Arion slapped one of them and the three of them ran away even though they were still confused.

Egro and Arion were finally able to walk out of the house.

"I love earth!" Arion exclaimed, "I like humans! Even though they don't have power, they have brains and can make anything without power."

Egro ignored it and chose to look at the tiny baby again.

"Looks like I have to take some time off and have a vacation on earth!" said Arion excitedly.

"Whatever."

Arriving outside the most luxurious house on the side of the road at East London, Arion and Egro were surprised by a gust of wind that was so slow, but so cold that it penetrated the bones. Egro immediately hugged the baby, while Arion looked wary. They knew something was out of the ordinary, because this cold wind couldn't possibly blow in a city as hot as summer time.

The gust of wind, slowly carried a whisper that could make anyone shudder in horror if they heard it. Arion and Egro tried to keep their cool at the repeated whispers.

"I'll get back up soon... I'll get back up soon... I'll get back up soon!" The voice that started as a whisper suddenly boomed like thunder. Makes Egro and Arion shocked and scared.

"It's the first time I've heard such a terrible sound," said Egro, "Can't they hear it?" asked Egro while looking at the people around who seemed normal, as soon as the voice disappeared.

"The locked one will not be able to penetrate the earth if he is still locked," replied Arion who was still wary.

"You shouldn't have made the announcement earlier, Arion. The Locked One knows," protested Egro.

"I didn't tell Him the Locked One." Arion defended himself. "The baby did." Arion glanced at princess Egro.

"My advice, if she's showing her signs, cover it up immediately until she's old enough to know who she is and ready to be bride of The Emperor." Arion made a suggestion. 

"You better stock up on plenty of that liquid from now on," continued Arion.

Egro immediately fell silent looking at his daughter again with a face that felt even more guilty. He didn't realize Arion had disappeared without saying goodbye

"I have to go back soon—" Egro found Arion no longer next to him.

Egro snorted softly and decided to return to the hospital.

"if you were an ordinary girl, surely I would not want you to marry that man and have such a terrible fate," wishpered Egro.

4