14. Endou’s Secret
3.1k 13 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Catch this!"

Misaki threw the drink bottle at Endou after that warning.

"Woah! Gosh, at least give me in a better way."

Say Endou while almost dropping the bottle.

After they threw the old books into the trash can at the back of the school, they headed for the vending machine to buy something to drink.

"It will be your fault if you can't catch it."

Misaki replied while sticking out her tongue in a coquettish tone.

She also did not forget to buy her friends drinks.

After that, they walked back towards the library.

When they got there they changed the situation inside.

The dusty and messy books are now neatly arranged, the corner of the room full of cobwebs now looks clean, the window curtains that used to be very dirty are replaced with new ones and feel fresh. The entire library now didn't look like a haunted house, and now it looked as clean as if it had just opened. The atmosphere inside is quite comfortable to wear.

"Saki-chan, you're back! Ohh, Endou-senpai is also here."

Sakura saw Misaki open the door and immediately greeted her, but didn't expect Endou to be there either.

"Hello."

Say Endou.

"Here's the drink you ordered."

Misaki handed over the can of drink that Sakura had ordered earlier.

"Ouh, thank you! How much does it cost."

Sakura said as she happily accepted it.

"No, there's no need to pay. This is my treat for helping."

Misaki replied as she quickly stopped Sakura from spending her money.

"Yay, it's free!"

Sakura couldn't help but look happy about it. She knew Misaki wouldn't ask for payment, but actually she wanted to pay it. But considering Misaki's personality, Sakura was sure that she would firmly reject her. 

"By the way, where did you get those new curtains from?"

Misaki asked as she pointed at the curtain on the window.

"The principal gave it to us."

Shinomiya answered when came out of nowhere.

"Um, the principal as and some of teachers heard the noise from here and checked what happend here."

"After seeing and hearing that we intend to clean this place, they are happy and gave us new curtains!"

"Besides that, they also helped to install it, and cleaning up other places that we couldn't reach. They actually intended to help until the end, but had other business, so you don't see any teacher here."

Explain Shinomiya and Sakura.

"That's very helpful."

Misaki said with a happy smile. She thought that she would be reprimanded for doing this without permission, but it turned out that the teachers and principal supported her. Misaki was clearly happy about it. 

"Then let's take care of the rest so it can be done quickly."

Misaki handed her the drink that Shinomiya had ordered, and after that lifted the cardboard box that containing another broken and unused book. There are still many boxes are containing trash and damaged books that have not been thrown away, besides that, they also need to mop the floor to make it cleaner and get rid of the musty smell. Thanks to the teachers who helped earlier, their work became faster. And with the help of Sakura, Shinomiya, and Endou make work faster. They divided up the tasks again where Sakura and Shinomiya mopped the floor, then Misaki and Endou took out the trash from the boxes. And after that the library had finished cleaning up when all the boxes had been removed from there.

"Well, our work is going faster than I expected."

Misaki looked at the clock to confirm the current time. The sky was already quite red, and the sun was about to set on the west.

“How about we end this with a meal? I'll treat you!”

Ask her.

Misaki intends to treat them to a meal because it has been so helpful. She found it that she make quite troublesome for them when she saw the dust on the uniforms they were wearing.

Shinomiya think for a moment before politely declining.

"Sorry, I can't. I have things to do at home."

"I'm sorry Saki-chan, I'm not allowed to go out without my mother's permission."

Sakura said with a sad face.

"Is that so? Then we can do it another time."

If they really couldn't go now, then she can't force it.

"Wait, you guys haven't even heard my opinion!"

On the other hand, the hard-working Endou had been sidelined from the group. Seeing his reaction, Misaki and the others giggled. They unknowingly made Endou as a clown when they continued laugh at him.

"Sorry, I thought I saw a road sign where you were standing."

Misaki said with a giggle.

“You even think of me as an inanimate object……”

Endou wanted to cry with how Misaki sometimes treated him like evil.

"If you want me to treat you, then come over to my house tomorrow."

Misaki said as she think that food in her fridge needed to be refilled. She needed someone to help to carry them, and Kazuto might have to train again at his club, so he can't help.

Without knowing Misaki's intention to make him as a slave carrier, Endou became a bit enthusiastic. He really likes food Misaki's cooking.

"Ohh! I can't wait to taste your cooking then."

Sakura and Shinomiya glanced at each other and felt that Misaki's relationship with Endou was deeper than that of a friend from how they communicated so intimately when they saw her from the first time they met. Plus, Misaki also invited him to eat at her house as if it was a matter of course. They of course don't know that Misaki is the reincarnation of Kazuto, and he is used to taking him out to eat even though he's not at home, because of his sister (Misaki) who gets annoyed and rejects them. With her now Misaki, he could freely invite her over to his house to eat or play games together, which she couldn't do in the past.

"Um! See you tomorrow, Saki-chan!"

And with that misunderstanding, Shinomiya and Sakura didn't want to disturb their time together any longer.

"Eh? Ah, alright. See you later."

Misaki waved her hand in confusion when she saw Sakura and Shinomiya walk away from them in a hurry accompanied by an understanding face. Their shadows soon disappeared around the corner of the block street as Misaki was still watching from the front of the school gate.

"Somehow it feels like they misunderstood something......"

Misaki muttered as she felt a premonition.

"Well, my ride has come. Want to ride with me?"

Endou asked as a dark black Mercedes-Benz stopped in front of him.

"Master Endou."

An old man with neatly combed white hair got out of the car. Dressed in a butler's attire, he came out with elegant movements, his aged face already showing how experienced he was as a butler. Every move he made was graceful, from the way he descended, and bowed his head politely and respectfully to Misaki and Endou made him more elegant. At Misaki's first meeting in her past life, she almost called this butler Sebastian, because of his perfection in playing his role as a butler.

The butler looked at Misaki with a faint smile as he watched her stand with Endou.

"Miss Misaki, nice to see you again. Would you like to ride with us?"

"No need, Raphael. I don't want to bother Endou."

Misaki waved her hand politely in refusal.

The butler's name is Raphael, who was the butler of the Endou's family and the one who had specially cared for Endou since long ago. No one knew apart from Kazuto and Misaki how rich the Endou Family was, because he never showed his true wealth. His own house was also a mansion in a suburb quite far from here. Behind his joking nature, he was hiding something of this magnitude from everyone so that people those around him wouldn't too care in him and wouldn't try to take advantage of him. Therefore, he used to come to school quite early in the morning and come home in the afternoon when the school was quiet, or he would go for a walk around, and play with Kazuto. But rumors sometimes came out from people who seeing him at school that he was the son of a rich man. However, he always managed to defuse it by using his personality.

"No need to be polite, Miss Misaki. Your house is closer than here, after all."

Raphael replied to Misaki's refusal.

"It's for that reason that I don't want to trouble you guys......"

The directions of Misaki's house from where Endou lived were crossed. So she didn't want to trouble them that far. After all, walking home alone wasn't a problem for her either.

I am a mature adult and not a child who needs special attention!

Misaki subconsciously puffed out her cheeks because feeling belittled.

But she couldn't deny that dhe was a 12 years old kid now.

"Why are you suddenly upset? Come on home with us."

Endou noticed Misaki who was suddenly annoyed and pinched her cheeks which were puffy because that expression was too cute while still asking her to accompany him.

"Muu!! You and Onii-chan are the same! Stop pinching my cheeks!"

Misaki said while upset. 

"Let us escort you, then I'll let it go."

Endou said with a playful face.

"All right! All right! Now let go!"

Misaki finally agreed to an invitation that was more accurately described as compulsion.

"You take a good answer."

Endou released his pinch with a satisfied face.

"Stop doing things like that, it hurts you know!"

Misaki could feel her cheeks turning red from the pinch.

"Okay, okay, sorry for doing something like that earlier. Because your face was quite cute, you know."

Endou said with a gentle laugh.

Misaki sighed seeing that expression. She wanted to be angry, but her friend's actions were still acceptable to him.

Raphael had not interfered in the conversation since earlier and just looked from the side. However, he was quite happy in his heart to see his master's close to a girl. Moreover, Misaki's background is very good, making him believe that Misaki will be a pretty good bride for his master. He had been watching his young master's life for a long time from childhood until now. Endou used to always be wary of people his age because his status made him feel uncomfortable. However, one day she meets Kazuto and somehow has a feeling of familiarity until he finally becomes friends with him. And Endou's nature has changed since then. He was finally able to let go of his worries and was able to easily make friends with everyone. Then after that, he met Misaki who had the same problem as him. But strangely Misaki was able to get along with him right away, unlike when she talked to strangers or friends around her like she had been friends with him for quite a while. And it was because of that resemblance that Endou felt very comfortable when he was with Misaki and Kazuto.

Raphael was still thinking in his heart how to prepare a suitable wedding party for Misaki and Endou if that really happened.

Without the two of them knowing, Raphael had prepared various kinds of magnificent wedding ceremonies in his mind for them.

"Since Miss Misaki is willing to be escorted, then please get in the car first."

Raphael, gracefully opened the car door, and let Misaki first to get in.

"Hah, alright. You guys keep pushing me since earlier..."

Now he could not refuse because previously he was willing to be delivered.

He immediately got into the car, followed by Endou beside her.

A feeling of comfort immediately entered through her back and her thighs as she sat and leaned back, followed by the sweet smell of air freshener from inside the car. After all, she was in a rich man's car, and of course it would definitely be comfortable inside.

The car immediately move when everything was ready. With Raphael's driving skills honed over the years, the car ran smoothly at a constant speed without any shocks.

"Mmm...."

And because of that, Misaki became very relaxed and slowly fell asleep.

Her eyes couldn't focus, and little by little her eyelids closed and finally fell asleep as her head rested on Endou's shoulder.

"..."

"Hahh, this girl pushed herself too much earlier."

Endou said with a sigh.

"How can Miss Misaki be so exhausted to be like this, Mr. Endou."

Raphael asked curiously as he looked through the reflection of the car window.

"She pushes himself too much to bring things that are beyond her limits."

Endou replied as he watched Misaki exhale softly. How she fell asleep quickly without feeling tense indicated her inner trust in Endou.

Raphael didn't ask any further and stopped watching through his mirror after that.

Since before, Endou noticed Misaki had forced herself to carry over excessive weight in her hand. She carried the heavier boxes, and walked at a brisk pace, with the intention that Sakura and Shinomiya wouldn't have to intervene when they finished clean up. Endou wanted to help, but he only had a pair of hands, and 2 or 3 boxes was the most he could carry. With that, he could only watch Misaki force her unaccustomed hand to carry a heavy object away.

Now, Misaki was fast asleep just a moment after the car drive which indicated that she was very tired.

Endou brushed Misaki's hair that was stuck to her cheek with a warm smile. This kind of intimate act was never seen in front of anyone at school or anywhere else. Who could have guessed that the witty Endou could be like this?

He was grateful that taking Misaki to her home with him was a good choice.

"Raphael, turn around a little longer."

"Yes sir."

Endou intended to let Misaki rest longer in the car, and Raphael who understood that took a little stroll with his car around.

--

"Mhmm... Hmm?"

Where is this?

Misaki asked in her heart as she opened her eyes.

"Already wake?"

A familiar voice came from beside her, and as he looked, it was Endou who was staring at her.

She remembered now that she was in Endou's car, and the drowsy feeling from being tired from carrying things put her to sleep.

Misaki's cheeks turned red with embarrassment, she realized she was leaning on Endou's shoulder and straightened her back immediately. After all, it was rude for her to fall asleep without paying attention to her place.

"A-Are we almost there?"

Misaki asked shyly.

"Well, just a few more turns."

Endou answered vaguely.

He had no idea that he had been asleep for at least 30 minutes, and was too dazed to notice that the path they were on was different from the usual one.

Misaki was silent because feeling awkward and no one spoke after that.

Arriving in front of her house, Misaki came out quickly to relieve her awkwardness.

"Thanks for the ride. Do you guys intend to rest at my place for a while?"

Misaki asked, trying to shake off her awkwardness.

"No need, tomorrow I'll be enough to trouble you anyway."

Endou said with his witty smile. He did not know that he would be made as a slave carrying stuff.

Seeing that smile made Misaki return to normal. She remembered that she would treat Endou to dinner for helping out.

"There's going to be a price for that, you know?"

Misaki smirked inwardly.

Endou tilted his head in confusion from not understanding.

"Well, then we go first. See you tomorrow."

"See you later."

They each waved their hands as they parted.

The car left immediately after that. Misaki was still waving until the car finally disappeared around the corner.

"Hmm, what food should I make tomorrow, huh?"

Misaki was confused about the dinner she was going to make tomorrow. She wanted to make something new, but wasn't sure it would fit her tongue.

"Well, that's for tomorrow."

He didn't think too long about tomorrow and chose to prepare his dinner for today.

"Ohh, there's still a lot of peppers inside. It'd be a waste not to eat it. I'd better make dinner with it as the main ingredient. But I think Kazuto will not like it."

"Hahh, whatever. Let's take that as additional punishment for him."

With those words, she entered the house. And the innocent Kazuto now had to eat his vegetable that he didn't like for tonight.

75