41. Helping Endou!
1.6k 10 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wednesday. It wasn't long after school hours for today had ended.

"Huaaa, at least tell me yesterday if you want me to help you finish your dad's work. If I had known this was going to happen, I shouldn't have stayed up late last night."

Misaki said before yawning and rubbing her half-closed eyes.

She was currently with Endou and was in an office room. With an interior table and a leather sofa at the end, and in front of her were a pair of long sofas facing each other with in the middle there was also a small table. On the side of the room, it is decorated with a small chest of drawers and several mini statues on it. There are also shelves containing thick books, as well as paintings on the walls.

"Ugh.. Sorry if I called you urgently."

Misaki is at Endou's house, and this room is his father's study, but when his father is not here Endou can use it as a place to study or a place to work on documents that sent by him.

While on herway home from school, she was suddenly picked up by Raphael by car and asked to come at Endou's request to help him with the work his father gave.

Since Misaki had promised to help him in the past, she couldn't say no. She had to take responsibility for her words, moreover Endou was his best friend who had often helped her in the past.

Even so, she actually wanted to go home and play with Natsu, then sleep for a while. Last night she didn't sleep much because reading a novel and some new books she bought which made her lose track of time because it was too interesting.

Now she must be stoned for doing that.

"I'll ask Raphael to take you too-"

When Endou was about to send her back to home, Misaki refused.

"No. Since I'm already here, I'll help you."

She said as she yawned and took the paper that was on the table.

"Are you sure?"

Endou asked doubtfully. He was worried that he would trouble Misaki again.

"Yeah. You also seem to be in bad shape."

She said as she looked at Endou who was constantly rubbing his back.

"Ohh, you know that? My back hurts from the way I slept last night. Ugh.. I feel like I've become an old geezer because of this."

Endou replied while rubbing his sore back.

"So how do you sleep?"

"Last night before going to sleep I flipped a few times in bed, but because I did it too often I became dizzy and passed out. Then when I woke up I was already in a snail pose, and my back hurt."

"...."

Misaki could only silently hear Endou's story. She didn't know whether to do stukkomi or just keep quiet.

"You know Endou, sometimes I want to check what's in your brain. I mean, what human did that before falling asleep!! Are you crazy!?"

Misaki shouted as she threw her bag right at Endou's face, and beat him.

"Aw! Aw! I got it, I got it! You're only going to make my back hurt more, so please stop!"

Misaki finally stopped after being satisfied with beating him. At least the drowsiness disappeared a bit after she did that.

"Ouch... You and Kazuto really are people you can't make jokes with."

Endou complained as he rubbed his face.

It's because we are the same person. Misaki answered in her heart.

"Never mind, focus on the paper in front of you so you can finish quickly."

Misaki said as she returned to pick up the paper on the table. They were work documents that Endou's father had sent him to complete. The job was supposed to be sent to his secretary, but the document was duplicated and shared with to son, as a potential successor and future heir to his company to show whether he deserved all of it.

And with his father's permission, Endou was allowed to be helped by Kazuto and Misaki to learn from them, because his father knew they were very intelligent and could take care of them more easily than Endou, and he let him do that so that Endou could also learn from them.

Unfortunately, Kazuto was unable to come here due to his club's business. No, actually Misaki didn't want to bother him by calling him here. If she did, then he would definitely come here.

"By the way, what's in that suitcase?"

"Ohh, that one? I heard from dad that it contained a list of companies he wanted to invest in. He said I could fill it or not, it's up to me. Since I don't really understand the matter, I'll just leave it there for now."

Wow, Endou is now quite level-headed. Misaki thought.

In the past when he got this document, Endou immediately filled it out without thinking about the company that had the potential to rise. And what's worse, his father actually did invest in the places Endou filled, and incur losses. After being told that, Endou came to him and told him with a sad face because he felt he had made a mistake.

Well, actually the loss his father received was very small, and he purposely did this so that Endou could be more careful in his choices in the future. At least, he wanted to impart that learning to him.

Yes, it's a really good lesson to spend 3 million USD. Rich family base. Misaki thought as she recalled that fantastic number. She herself almost fainted when heard it. Endou was truly born blessed with a golden spoon in his mouth.

Anyway, Endou's father is the head of an investment company. Or should I say that it is one of his main jobs.

Come to think of it, what did my mom and dad do? Even in my second life, I never knew this because I never had the chance to ask.

"May I see?"

"Please, go ahead."

Misaki took the suitcase and took out an A4 size paper that contained a list of companies, accompanied by a graph of the stock price curve that had risen and fallen recently, and the possible increase in the price of the stock.

If based on my memory, then....

Misaki wanted to mark all the companies that had the possibility of success— no, not the probability of success but the ones that would completely flip the market in the future. But her hand stopped when she touched the pen.

I can not be like this. She thought.

If she relied on her memory regarding the future and helped Endou, maybe it would be too bad and Endou would start to depend on her. On the other hand, Endou would also definitely wonder how she knew which company would go up and which one would go down and become suspicious. It would be better if she taught him slowly to be more independent and reliable.

"I don't really understand this either. Let's study together later, don't be too hasty in making decisions. From what I hear, the investment market can make you quick to gain, but it can also make you lose without you knowing it."

Hearing Misaki's suggestion made Endou smile slightly. Studying together? Doesn't that mean he gets more time to play with her?

If Misaki could read his mind then she would definitely leave Endou alone here.

"Is that so? I almost flagged some random companies, you know. You have a point, we'd better take it slow later."

Misaki nodded at his words. She then returned the paper to its original place and started working on the document again with the drowsiness still felt.

Time continued to pass after that. But Misaki's drowsiness didn't go away and instead got stronger, she sometimes couldn't even focus on reading. So most of the work done was done by Endou. Misaki felt really bad for not being of much help. She regretted sleeping late last night.

"Misaki?"

"Fue.. eh?? Uhh.... What's wrong?"

She even responds very slowly when calling out to her. She rubbed her sleepy eyes while wondering what Endou had said just now.

Endou smiled wryly. Every action like this made by Misaki made her always look like an adorable little animal. Seeing her here has given him the enthusiasm to work.

"I said if you're really sleepy then you can sleep. It's already half done, so I can finish it myself."

"But I came to help......"

"You won't help at all if you're sleepy like that."

"Uuu..."

Misaki wanted to retaliate, but what Endou said was true. She wouldn't help at all with her current state.

"Okay. I'll sleep."

With that word she followed Endou's words.

Endou nodded at Misaki's decision. Actually if he had known things were like this, he would never have brought Misaki here.

"Good. Then I'll have Raphael take you too—"

"No."

The sentence was cut off by Misaki.

"Yes??"

Endou was confused as to why she said that.

"I will stay here and see your work to completion. I was paid by your father, didn't I? So I also have this responsibility, at least I have to see your work to the end. Yes, until the end...."

Misaki's words would have been great if her eyes didn't look sleepy. She even seemed to digress in the last part.

"But didn't you say you were going to sleep?"

Misaki was pouting now feeling like her words weren't being heard. She then walked over to Endou who was sitting on the opposite sofa and sat beside him. She looked back at Endou with a sullen look, and suddenly laid her head on his thigh.

"Satisfied? I'm going to sleep now. Wake me up when you're done."

Misaki closed her eyes after that and fell asleep.

"...."

Endou didn't know what to express here. This incident happened too quickly in his head, so he sighed with red cheeks. He wondered why Misaki could act without regard for her entity as a girl. That is, Misaki trusts him so much that he wonders where he got her trust from. On the other hand, her phobia that made it difficult for her to communicate and make no friends also had no effect when they met, and instead interacted very intimately with him as if they had been friends for a long time. He wondered how Misaki could be like that to him.

"Nevertheless, I'm glad to meet and befriend you here."

Endou whispered in Misaki's ear who had fallen asleep.

Misaki reacted by scratching her ear with a pouting mouth at Endou's tickling breath.

"Haha, she is indeed an adorable person."

Endou said while giggling.

"Ahh, I need to focus on my paperwork. If I get distracted and Misaki wakes up before I finish she might get mad."

Endou took the A4 paper that was in front of him and started to finish them one by one.

"Will it rain tonight?"

He asked as he looked out the window. The sky looked very dark up there because it was covered by black clouds.

"This will be a good opportunity for Young Master."

"Huh!?"

Endou became surprised when he heard a voice beside him. When he looked to the other side, he saw that there was already Raphael the butler, standing by the table and filling the empty teacup.

"Good grief Raphael, you surprised me. At least knock on the door before you enter."

"Sorry if I startled you. But I've knocked on the door several times, and you haven't answered my calls. You seem to be too focused on stroking Miss Misaki's hair to listen."

With a straight face, Raphael said so.

Endou finally realized that he was stroking Misaki's hair with the other hand when the other hand was working on the documents. He immediately stopped and pulled his arm with a blush on his face.

"S-Sorry. It seems I was too busy working on the paperwork earlier."

Endou said with a small cough. He seemed too embarrassed to admit it.

"That seems to be the case."

Raphael chuckled at his young master's expression.

"By the way, what did you mean by that?"

Endou asked to change the topic.

"Which one?"

"Don't pretend you forgot. The very first thing you said earlier, that's what I meant."

"Nah..."

Raphael finished filling the empty cup and straightened his back.

"You'll know after letting Miss Misaki sleep a little longer."

With those mysterious words, Raphael bowed in an elegant manner to him before turning his back and going towards the exit and closing it.

"...."

Endou couldn't help but stare at his leaving.

"What does the old man mean?"

He wanted to scream and ask him when he saw Raphael leave but restrained himself because if he did, it would disturb Misaki's sleep.

"Haa...whatever."

Holding onto his curiosity earlier, Endou continued to finish his paperwork. Accompanied by thunder in the sky and raindrops starting to fall from the overcast clouds. Time passed slowly as he stroked Misaki's head again without him noticing.

32