Chapter 2 : Xianxia-esque ring GET!
66 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The mushroom betrayed me. As soon as I left the island, I thought it'd help me tide through the ever-present stormy area around the island but it actually broke the ship and before I know it, I'm already sinking down the water in a hurricane.

Well, it was fun while it last, and though I haven't really remembered much of my past life, I'm kinda glad I didn't coz it seemed to bring my past self endless pain. do svidaniya~.1do svidaniya(russian)=Goodbye


An unfamiliar ceiling. (I wanted to say that once)

It seems I'm still alive.

{mne zhal'}2mne zhal'(russian)=good morning

Huh? What do you mean?

{I heard you say Russian in your last moments(?) so I thought you'd be more comfortable with it but I guess you're not. Tch, and here I put so much effort into installing the language proficiency skill.

A ghost. It doesn't have legs and is wearing a Hitaikakushi.3Hitaikakushi (額隠, "forehead covering") is a white piece of triangular paper or cloth worn on the head by yūrei(ghosts) in Japanese folklore. It's so faithful to a 'normal' japanese ghost that I'm speechless. Even though modern anime changed the way 'normal' ghosts are seen to be. Tch, is it trying to be cool?

Like that, we've been staring at each other for a while now. It's getting a little scary so say something! And the flickering dim light doesn't help much either! Oy!

{I should introduce myself. My name Jeff, and the Pirate King.}

Is this old man alright? Oh, he's a ghost.

{Don't ignore me! This is why talking to kids is such a pain.}

"If you're the pirate king, then why are you here? Do you have some unsolved grudges or something? Also, how did you end up here?"

{Shouldn't it be 'unsolved wishes'? Why are you calmly assuming it's a grudge? Huh? And you haven't introduced yourself either. Such poor manners.}

"My name #%*&#*)^@!@#$%^&. Anyway, it seems that the world laws here aren't enough to allow my name to be said. So you could call me Avus4Avus(Latin)=Grandpa."

{A chuuni5chuuni, short for chuunibyou(jaanese). In technical terms, it is a condition in which an individual deludes themselves as being a smartass and looks down on others. They also believe they have some sort of “special power” that excludes themselves from the normal society.? Well, you are at that age, more or less, so it's fine but didn't you have memories of your previous life? An ossan posing as a chuuni gives me the creeps. Stop that.}

"Do you have a grudge with me or something? Anything that looks like a child and talks like a child, is obviously a child. So you should just ignore it. Anyway, how did you end up here? No, wait, how am I here? Is this the afterlife? Or another isekai?"

{First, you are not dead. Yet. If you don't escape from here quick, you may end up dead but it's of no consequence. Second, the reason I'm here is because I managed to preserve my essence soul with a unique method I've read somewhere so I've fooled those government fools who thought themselves smart. And third, the reason I'm talking to you is because you have an artifact that is capable of preserving me.}

"Seriously? An 'old-man-in-a-ring-scenario'? Would you teach me alchemy or something? And give me some mystical fire that are only 23 of its' kind? "

First, I'd like to apologize because I forgot to upload the chapter yesterday. I saved the draft but eh, I was bingeing a few anime I missed previously and kinda forgot to upload. Second, I noticed I use the first person POV very often so I'd like to change that. It's not bad but I'd like to see how it goes if I try some other style. Again, this is my first work so I'm mostly just messing around so don't expect frequent updates, clean story with clear plot and direction, bla bla bla. you get it. Anyway, I'd like to write some more but I've postponed my assignment for a few days now and I'd be dead tomorrow if I don't submit it so yeah, you're not getting a new chapter tomorrow either. I'd appreciate it if I still have a few readers but if there're no readers, I'll just start a new story with a more thoughtout plot and plan. Well then, adios.

3