Ch 3
546 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No clue at how long I have been in a daze.  I feel as if I have the worst hangover ever and someone is using my brain as a basketball.  Every other second my brain feels like it's smashed.  Never constant but mild headache replaced by a smashing headache.  I tried to pass out but each time I felt my mind going, I would be shocked.  

After god knows how long has passed it finally stopped.  “Maison, are you done torturing me?”

“Chase, stop being a little baby and catch your breath.  Now try to think about magic and tell me if you know more.”

I was astonished, I knew so much more.  I knew so many applications of magic that were never taught in school.  Yes, I graduated basic magic school but didn’t go to higher education since I sucked at magic or so I thought.  For information being so old.  It is far beyond what we are taught.  If we all knew half of this, humans wouldn’t be the bitch boys of the world.  

I now know why I couldn’t control magic or give off very much when I did.  I had 2 crystals in me.  I could feel them pulling at each other.  The crystal inside me had another crystal inside it.  Crystals rotate inside your body.  Much like the heart has its own location in your chest.  Human crystals weren’t the same as the beast.  They never got larger, just stronger.  You also couldn’t get one out of a human.  Humans summed it up as being soul bound.  Which is a good thing as Humans were considered one of the weaker races.  Back to my own issue.  My inner crystal was rotating in the opposite direction of the outer crystal.  To fix this, I had to stop the rotation of the outer crystal and rotate it in the same direction as the inner crystal.  I know how to stop the crystal from spinning as its taught to us in school.  Sometimes killing yourself is better than being caught by some races.  Stopping your crystal and holding it still will kill yourself.  Short of incapacitation, there is no way to prevent it.  What I’m hoping for is when I stop the crystal, with the inner crystal spinning in the opposite direction, it will naturally pull the outer crystal in the direction its spinning.  Fun times, based on the knowledge I now have, I am about to give myself a heart attack and hope it jumpstarts itself.

Focusing on the exterior crystal I pushed my little bit a magic against it.  Using the magic as a friction break.  It was slowing down but not enough, and I was running out of magic.  Sweat was running down my face.  Suddenly I felt more magic coming from my crystal the more I slowed it down, the more that was coming from it.  Finally, it was coming to a halt.  This had taken nearly 2 hours to do.  They told us in class, someone who is strong could do this instantly.  I knew this was going to suck horribly bad.  As soon as it stopped, I felt like my chest exploded and fell backwards from my sitting position.  Gasping for breath the pain went away.  Got damn that hurt.  Not wanting to move I focused on my crystal and saw it spinning faster and faster.  Faster the crystal spins, the better at magic you will be.  Its speed draws the mana into you and fuses it in your body faster.  I would have no clue about this if it wasn’t for all the information I received today.  

“Congratulations Chase, you were able to fix your crystal without my help.  Now let’s give you a break for a few minutes.  I need to be caught up with the outside world.  So please do tell me what I have missed.”

“The humans are tied at the bottom of the food chain currently with goblins.  Atlanteans are the strongest as no one dares to mess with them.  Considering half the world is water they can control it better than anyone else.  Dwarves just stick to themselves unless they are selling something.  They sell to whoever has money so they are free to do whatever, because dwarvish armor and weapons can’t be beat.   Elves rule the land, though they have the smallest numbers.  They are the strongest by far. Orcs are right under the Elves and will probably pass them soon as the Orcs have been getting a lot stronger in the last 20 years.  Their looks are getting darker as well.  The hybrid beast people are above us humans as well.  Approx 500 plus years ago they all banded together and nearly destroyed the humans.  Elves stopped them from completely whipping out the humans.  That is about it for the big picture as I don’t have a lot of information on it.”  

“What about current events in this place?”

“The current king is Bernard Underhill.  He has a few wives, but the main queen went missing ten years ago.  One of his daughters is getting married to some prince from one of the neighboring human kingdoms in 2 months and that is the biggest thing going on.  The Human population is dwindling as we are dying faster than reproducing.  It is getting worse every generation.  Pregnant women are treated as treasures in our nation.  One in three women will never have a kid and those who are able to have kids seldom are able to have a second child.”

“Thanks, I have a lot of work cut out for me.  For now, though, are you feeling drawn toward any type of magic?  Just try to focus on your crystal and relax.  I am going to scan your body and see what all needs to be fixed.”

Focused on my crystal, I was trying to see inside it.  The outer crystal was red with blue swirls moving around.  Nothing was fixed as before, it appeared to be fluid like instead.  Trying to get a good look at the inner crystal, I noticed it had some colored spots flying around in it but mostly black.  I could see yellow, orange and purple orbs flying around the inside of the black crystal.  I looked at my crystal when I was in school and it was clear.  Meaning nothing at all, no attributes or specialties.  The process took me a while, guessing maybe an hour went by.

“Congrats Chase, you are going to be a prodigy.  I finished my scan of your body and figured out what we need to do.  We will start with your exercise plan.  Although you are fit, you are still very weak.  Second, we will start your magic training this evening.  That should give your body enough time to slow down on mana absorption.  I will send you into your first door after I get your magic started.  You have a lot of affinities with magic, but the downside is you need to raise them all separately meaning it will take you a lot longer to level yourself up.  You will be stronger than anyone in your level, but on a serious note, do you think someone will target you from your level.  No, they will be many levels above you.  So first we keep you alive.  You have affinities with Summoning, Fire, Lightning, Healing, Wind and Darkness.  I will start you off with summoning your soul pet.  This animal will protect you and will only die when you do.  It will also get stronger with you and feed off your magic.  The master captured many dangerous beasts through his years and stored them in one of the realms.  We will open the door and you will do your first summoning spell.”

Before I could say anything, I saw a huge book flying toward me and slammed onto the jade slate.  Once again, this sucks ass.  Knowledge of summoning entered my mind.  How to summon creatures from other realms and how they judge you before accepting your summon.  At least for me, since I am weak.  Stronger summoners can rip and force summons without their consent.

“Follow me Chase”

I followed the orb once my vision came back to me.  Maison opened the door for me and I looked through it.  I saw another world full of trees and mountains.  Before I stepped through, the door was shut on me.

“DO NOT step through that door as you will die.  You're summoning spells from this side of the door.”

“Thanks Maison”

Once again, the door opened and I started my summoning spell.  As I felt my spell being rejected over and over, I kept focusing on summoning a strong companion.  I felt a connection and acceptance.  I focused on calling it to me and then I opened my eyes and saw a big fluffy white rabbit.

“Congratulations Chase, that is amazing!!”

“Don’t mock me Maison!! It’s a fucking rabbit!!”

“That’s no ordinary rabbit Chase, that’s the rabbit of Caerbannog.  It’s the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set your eyes on.  That rabbit has got a vicious streak a mile wide, a KILLER!”

 

6