Chapter 2
981 0 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“G- ugh. That guy is such a prick.”

Lumi gives me one of those looks, and I avert my gaze. One of the particular drawbacks to being a vampire, I can not say the G word. I have no clue why, but trying to mention ‘His’ name, or any particular deity locks my body and sends a jolt through my brain. Funnily enough I can call a person by their name, even if it’s shared with a deity, as long as my thought or intention behind saying the name is primarily due to the person, and not the deity.

“Why are you still doing that? I would have thought you would have learnt your lesson by now?”

I let out a sigh.

“I know Lumi, but it’s just a habit, one that is particularly difficult to get rid of when you hear it at least ten times a day.”

We are currently sitting behind the school. There’s an old shack that used to be some sort of janitor’s shack or something, and behind that there’s a beautiful tree that gives plenty of shade. It’s our little hiding spot and where we usually eat lunch. Or well. Lumi eat’s lunch, I eat Lumi…

“Aria? Why did you suddenly become a boiled octopus?”

It’s your fault you stupidly beautiful woman, and partly my own brain for associating the act of literally eating and sucking blood from Lumi with, uh, other scenes.

“No reason. Um, can I start?”

Lumi just lets out a sigh and removes the hair from her neck. My unobscured view of her arteries is making me salivate, and I can feel the urges take hold. I can hold back, as long as I’m not going into frenzy, fun fact, not fun.

I gently lick the area above her arteries, before feeling my fangs extend and sink into her flesh. The slight resistance of her youthful healthy skin stopping me for a fraction of a second, before the devils nectar reaches my mouth.

Euphoria and ecstasy floods my senses, as I have to fight to hold back a moan threatening to escape my mouth. I will never get over how sensual it feels. How intimate. 

As my senses pick up vibrations in the ground, I mentally sigh and curse the intruder as I have to give up on this ecstatic feeling.

Retracting my fangs I watch as the puncture holes in Lumi’s neck fade before my eyes. Hence me licking before biting. It numbs the area so it doesn’t hurt, and rejuvenates and heals the wound within seconds.

3..2...1

“Hello Megan.”

“Ugh.”

I turn around and see Megan standing right besides the shack. Annoyance on her face.

“How do you always do that?”

I give her a smirk and a shrug of my shoulders. “My Megan radar tells me.”

For the third time in a few minutes, another girl lets out a sigh.

Megan walks over to us and folds her skirt before sitting down, bringing out her food.

Now that Megan is here, Lumi is going back to her Ice Queen persona. She doesn’t like Megan, but she’s never told me why, and I have a hunch the feeling is mutual.

The two lock eyes for a moment, before looking away and turning to me.

The irony of feeling like prey before two young girls barely at the age of 18, despite me being the apex predator doesn’t elude me.

I just hope they will one day tell me what’s going on.

“So, Aria, want to come shopping with me after school?”

I raise an eyebrow at her question. “You mean watch you shop and try on a thousand outfits while asking for my opinion?”

She stifles a cough as I hear Lumi let out a barely audible giggle besides me. Turning around to look at the girl in question she quickly schools her expression, and I give her a smirk letting her know she got caught.

She’s no doubt cursing my vampire senses in her mind right now, but that’s what I love about my little Lumi, always a big cute softie beneath her Ice Queen persona.

“Sure. Lumi want to come with?”

Unbeknownst to me, Megan was giving Lumi a deadly glare. I missed all of that because I was focused on Lumi, I can tell she’s trying not to grin, at what, I don’t know.

She simply gives us a nod.

“Anyways. Do you really believe what you said in class, Aria? That vampires exists, or existed?”

Momentarily confused at her choice of topic, I can hear Lumi giggle besides me as Megan gives her a confused look.

“Uh, that’s not exactly what I said, but truth be told I just didn’t want to give that bastard any more ammunition to shoot at me. Regarding if vampires are real?” I can feel my lips arching into a grin. “Who can really say for sure if they do or not?”

47