Chapter 11
473 0 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Aria!”

 

That was so weird. I hope his entire character was just a test to see how people reacted, oh well. From what he said I’ll mostly be interacting with their “Princess”. 

 

“Aria?”

 

I am glad I got a months pay in advance. Maybe we should move? Hm, I don’t know, guess I’ll ask Lumi. Oh we can order takeout today!

 

“ARIA!”

 

Huh? I turn around and Megan is half a meter away from me. “Oh, hi Megan!”

 

She looks at me with a deadpan expression. I haven’t really noticed since we’re in uniform at school, but Megan is really attractive. Her tanned skin, emerald eyes and brown hair that shimmers in different hues as it reflects the sun. She’s..

 

“You know I called out to you like 3 times?”

 

Oh. I avert my gaze. “Sorry, I got lost in my head and walked on autopilot.”

 

Megan’s annoyed expression fades and she adopts a slightly amusing and smug grin. Snaking her right arm around my left, pressing herself against me. Oh this is not good. My instincts are screaming at me to make her my prey.

 

She chuckles and let’s go of my arm. “Sorry, I wanted a bit of payback.”

 

I suppose now is as good of a time as any. Megan falls into my pace as we slowly walk in the direction of my house in silence. A stray thought to what Megan is doing here enters my mind, but is quickly snuffed out.

 

After a few minutes I turn my head slightly to stare into her green eyes. Shimmering with sunlight, uncertainty and anxiety. She already knows I suppose. Maybe it showed on my expression?

 

“Hey Megan?”

 

“Yes, Aria?”

 

“Do you like me romantically?”

 

She skips a few steps ahead and turns around, gazing at me from top to toe before giving me a nod. Well, I suppose that confirms it. I was certain, but I wanted to make sure.

 

“I’m sorry Megan. It might not seem like it, but I’m dealing with something, and I already have Lumi waiting for me.”

 

She gives me a sad smile. “I know, I already talked to Lumi, but I think you should too, because apparently you’re having different ideas.”

 

I tilt my head. “Different ideas?”

 

She simply walks back to me and links her arm back into mine, flashing me a grin and ignoring my question.

 

Only a few steps ahead my instincts scream at me, and I turn around only to see a car a few meters away from me.

 

Electricity surges through my body and enhances every fibre, every synapse, every part of my body as I know that car will kill Megan.

 

I take in the face of the driver, a man in his 50’s. Unkempt hair. Unkempt beard. A t-shirt that used to be white but is now filled with stains from condiments and beverages. I can smell the alcohol of him as his eyes are closed and his head is slowly falling forwards.

 

I grab Megan and we move. I keep moving until we are a block away. The surge of electricity and crackle of lightning fades away, and the world resumes at a normal pace.

 

I can hear Megan’s heartbeat speeding up. Her body becoming stiff. Sweat rolling off her as she stares at me and utters a single word in a barely audible whisper. “Aria?”

 

32