Chapter 1: Goodbye…For Now
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Destruction and chaos swept the barren lands and the rocky mountains. Despite it being called the rocky mountains, the amount of collateral damage, flattened the mountains and evaporated the rivers surrounding them.

Amidst such destruction, above the mountains, two figures could be seen staring at each other. Blood and sweat trickled down their heads and their clothes tattered.

Such horrifying atmosphere would choke the living soul out of anyone who dared to enter where these two individuals were.

"Indra, it seems that we are both at our ends meet. Such a pity, together you and I could've achieved the highest in this world. Everyone would have been beneath us." The man replied cruelly.

Indra who remained silent and calm, started to laugh voraciously as tears started to trickle out of his eyes.

The sadness, guilt and anger was not only directed towards the man in front of him who was the cause of all this pain, but also towards himself for not realizing the mistakes he made.

"I know I know I know what you are thinking and trust me, I have regretted it many times. Had you not interfered none of this would've happened! None of it ever!!"

Daemon's gaze softened a bit, but lasted only for a mere moment before returning to his cruel and contempt look.

"Daemon, enough with the crap. I know you are stalling time to launch your final sword strike. Let us finish this once and for all. Only one of us gets out of this alive. The pain and torment you caused, shall end here today." Indra replied with resolution.

Even though he seemed brave, his hands trembled. Not because he was scared of Daemon, but the idea of losing against him made him hesitate a little.

If Indra were to win, then the people on this planet would escape the cruelty and there shall be a new era of peace.

However, should he lose this final confrontation, the people would continue to suffer.

Such a thought made him tremble. All his life he trained, and trained with extreme determination to save the lives of many who deserved to live and pushed himself, training with his axe.

He slightly glanced over his axe, his lifelong companion.

A valuable friend, who fought alongside him for decades, was now at it's ends wit.

"Sorry buddy, it seems we are at the end. I am sorry for making you go through this but together, we must eliminate the person in front of us. Thank you my friend. Lets now use our final forbidden attack. Axe of cosmic devastation."

Indra felt devastated once again, losing yet another companion.

However, the axe which was seemingly silent the whole time, emitted a faint emerald color, as if responding to his emotional will.

Noticing the call, Indra tightly held his axe and gained his stance.

A forbidden attack draws out the user's life force, in exchange for Cosmic power. This greatly elevates their attack power to unprecedented levels.

"Indra! I will kill you! I WILL KILL YOU!" Daemon screamed.

As both Indra and Daemon drew back their weapons, it was as if time had slowed down, both clutched their weapons tightly and rushed towards each other with all their might.

A sword and an axe both collided with each other and 'boom', a white light enveloped the area and an explosion never seen before, permeated throughout.

Its shock waves continued to travel across the entire area travelling at the speed of sound.

--

Meanwhile at North Earthen city, people started to run as far away as possible after witnessing devastation far beyond their comprehension.

While quite a few lives were lost, others managed to get away in time.

Some failed to escape on time and were gravely injured.

Those with sufficient power, managed to create barriers around the city to lessen the shock wave.

The barrier absorbed the shock waves and dispelled it away from the city.

Many heaved a sigh of relief, and wondered what kind of a batlle transpired to cause such a large scale devastation.

The natives witnessed power unlike anything they've ever seen.

--

When the dust settled, Indra was all alone with many injuries on his body. He looked around to notice Dameon, nowhere to be found.

Things weren't looking good at all. Should Daemon return with his army, he would not stand a chance and would be killed immediately.

Realizing this, Indra gathered whatever strength he had left, and flew up towards the sky.

He continued to fly until he exited the earth's atmosphere and went out into space.

Without turning around or stopping, he continued to travel as fast as he could.

However, after exhausting his energy reserves earlier when he fought Daemon, his eyelids turned heavy as his injuries flared up instantaneously.

"Daemon, this is not over yet. Once I have become stronger, I shall return and make you pay for what you did." He muttered, slowly drifting into unconsciousness.

0