Chapter 28: Turning Tides
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few more days remained, until the next annual business summit. Top most companies from all over the world would arrive at New York City, where the summit would take place at the Rockefeller center.

This summit, however, was not only limited to businessmen, but also celebrities, politicians and important VIP's who would be arriving with much curiosity. News about the Dem-Potion spread like wildfire, and attracted eyes from all over the world. Many were dying to purchase it, and the first in line, were obviously the people with lots of cash in their wallets.

Aaron along with Vanessa and some other important people, were seated in a luxurious restaurant, celebrating their joyous moment before the next summit.

"With this, I'll have finally fulfilled one of my greatest plans." Aaron replied as he cut the well cooked steak neatly with his knife and fork, taking a bite out of it. Others seated next to him, were just as elated as he was, envisioning their futures. They couldn't care less about money or fame. What they truly desired was power.

"Congratulations sir, you have managed to convince the federal government to sign the patent during the day of the summit. With this Golden Enterprises is one step closer to it's doom." Winston said, as he stood by Aaron's side.

Vanessa however, continued to look at her plate without the slightest appetite. Her mind was like a raging tsunami, due to her kids being under the capture of the most dangerous man she ever knew.

This wasn't the only reason. She was also now part of a crime which took the lives of many. She hated herself for this, and ever so hated the man seated next to him. A lawyer who always fought for justice, for the people, was now a slave to this man's ambitions.

Looking at these shameless people around her, Vanessa placed her hand on her cheek, and prayed silently for the patent to be rejected. The chances however, seemed rather unlikely.

"I see that one of you isn't happy about it. Would you like you to share your concerns with me?" Aaron placed his hand on Vanessa's, only to swat it away irritably.

"Remember our promise, in a few days, I shall return what belongs to you, so cheer up Ms. Attorney." Aaron smiled, as he raised his glass towards Vanessa.

'Clang'

Without a choice, she raised hers hesitatingly and placed it down, while everyone else on the table returned to their festive mood. Just as they were celebrating, Winston felt several strong signatures approach the dining hall. Among them, at the front was a woman who had black hair with a slim and gorgeous appearance. She approached the table with a seductive smile on her face, turning Aaron's countenance a one-eighty.

"I'm sorry Ma'am, but this is as close as you can get." Winston came in between Aaron and the woman.

"Winston, it's been so long. I hope you're doing well. I'm actually here to officially congratulate Aaron." She replied cunningly, contorting his face even more.

"I booked the entire hall for those I invited, and you are not one of them. Better get out of here before I throw you out myself." Aaron's eyes turned completely black as he slowly stood up and began to pressurize the woman in front of her.

The woman, unfazed by his aura, continued to smile at him without a care in the world. Winston grabbed both his daggers and readied himself.

Soon, a mysterious cloaked woman appeared like a silent night and attacked Winston with a short dagger.

Sensing danger, Winston stepped back in shock. Her speed matched his very own as both parried their strikes. Though Winston slashed with both his daggers, he was unable to land a hit on her. Gathering her purple aura and coating it to her dagger, the woman disappeared like a blur.

Winston, who did the same remained on guard, waiting for her attack. Sensing a threat, he hacked towards the blur who reappeared diagonally behind him and stopped her attack just in time.

'Cling'

Everyone, excluding Aaron, the gorgeous woman and her men, stepped back in fright as they were unable to see anything but flying utensils and plates crashing all over the place. It was truly a mess.

Just as Winston and the cloaked woman were about to increase their respective strengths, Aaron and the gorgeous woman stepped in front of them.

"Take it easy darling. I couldn't possibly see our soon-to-be partner in danger now, would I?" The woman replied as she grabbed her handkerchief and wiped her non existent tears.

"Winston." Fully aware of his master's tone, he stepped back and stood in front of him, while the mysterious cloaked woman, reappeared next to the beautiful woman and sheathed her dagger back into her cloak.

"Tell me why you're really here Ariam." Aaron was ultimately running out of patience, as his sight never left her and her men around her.

"I swear! I'm only here to congratulate you. Seems like the feds really did their job, didn't they? Though I'm quite sad that you didn't invite me to your little party."

"I would never enter a lion's den on my own. That would be stupid of me. Besides, what's with this new appearance of yours? Last time I remembered, you had an even more of a pathetic face than this." Aaron folded his arms as he noticed Ariam's smile turn wider.

"What can I say honey, I'm quite eye catching to many outside, especially those desperate men. Tell me, do you like this face?" She smiled seductively and winked at Winston, who continued to maintain his disgust at her.

Of all the people in the world, there were two people whom he hated the most, and one of them was this manipulating beast in front of him. His wariness always went up a notch, whenever he was around her.

"Not that I had much of a choice, otherwise, I wouldn't have signed this deal with you of all people."

"We know each other for hundreds of years and now you're ignoring me?" She asked innocently.

"Enough with the act, once we both get what we need, you're on your own and I'm on mine. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?!" Aaron voice sounded like a whisper, and yet sounded quite menacing to those who heard it.

Vanessa's legs wobbled as she shivered uncontrollably, when Aaron released his aura earlier. She, who was just a commoner, couldn't believe her eyes when she understood that just like Aaron, there were many with power like him and that she was nothing but a puny insect to them.

In the end, power dictated everything in this world. What surprised her further was Aaron's current demeanor. During these five years, not once had she seen him with such a brash and hateful attitude.

Who was this woman, and what was so dangerous about her? What on earth riled him up so much, that he remained wary of this person?

Though she was unaware, Vanessa was actually quite elated seeing Aaron suffering emotionally. Noticing her hunger resurface, she boldly ignored their squabble and began eating the already cold beef steak.

"See you soon Aaron, oh and-" Ariam, who was ready to leave the restaurant, halted her steps and turned around. This time, her facial expression turned very serious, surprising Aaron a little before returning to his usual stoic expression.

"I would be very careful with Golden Enterprises. They are a bag full of surprises." She stated, a she left along with her henchmen. The mysterious cloaked woman gave Winston one last glance before exiting the dining hall.

The entire dining hall was silent. The silence was soon replaced with Aaron laughing to his hearts content, confusing the others around him.

"Sir, can we trust what she said?" Winston asked in confusion.

"True, we can't afford to underestimate Golden Enterprises. But, I would never trust a single word that comes out of that woman."

"What if is she was speaking the truth? What if there was a threat to you, we can't take our chances can we?"

"I appreciate the concern Winston, but who we really have to be wary of, is this woman. Once Golden Enterprises is crushed, I will kill her and capture her company all for myself! That woman ruined my precious night. Everyone let's move!"

Aaron along with his men, exited the building.

Ariam leaned back in her limousine, and ripped the mask of her face revealing an even more gorgeous appearance. The mysterious cloaked person seated across her, continued to stare at her for a full minute before garnering her full attention.

"What's with the look darling? Are you upset, I didn't let you kill him?" The cloaked person nodded silently. Going over to other side, Ariam hugged the cloaked person and consoled her.

"Now, now it's ok, you'll have many chances in the future. If we kill him now, we won't get the Dem-Potion. So be patient, alright?" The woman replied in the same tone, she had spoken to Aaron. This time, however she appeared even more cruel as her smile made her a blood thirsty woman.

'I can't wait to meet you Indra. Very soon, you will be mine!'

--

Indra gazed fiercely at his new enemy he made, since the time he became the new CEO.  Staring daggers, Indra grabbed onto his pen, and began hacking at his enemy with extreme speed. Without batting an eyelid, one enemy after the other were soon wiped out.

Sweat trickled down his forehead as he remained calm.

"I'm almost there, I can do this." He began speaking to himself idiotically. As soon as he was done, he cheered in excitement as he finally accomplished his goal of the day. Just then, he heard cackling in his office. He gulped in embarrassment, when he noticed Alice laughing hard on the floor at his silliness.

"Oh, hey Alice. Didn't realize you were still here." Indra sheepishly rubbed his head.

"Oh...I can't...this is too funny. I have never seen anyone use the pen like you did. Indeed, miracles do exist in this world." Alice joked, as she began laughing again, irritating Indra.

"Haha, quite funny aren't you?"

"Ok, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. You happy now?" She said, as she returned to her usual behavior. Ever since their talk at the training room, Indra had become well acquainted with Alice and Ricardo, and got to know more about them and their friendship. Alice in particular, would appear at Indra's office everyday to hangout with him. Her respect and admiration grew to greater lengths.

"So the feds pushed back the date again didn't they?" Alice asked.

"This limits our options by quite a lot. We need to find a way to stop them from distributing that dangerous drug of theirs. If I'm not wrong, it will turn out to be a similar version of their prototype d-potion, which they sold years ago."

"Are you positive Indra? But why would they announce such a drug that would have severe side effects as the previous one?" Alice was stunned.

"That's what I'm confused about. Don't worry, I will figure something out. Until then it is essential I do not reveal myself or make a move until the summit begins. Have you healed any victims, who took the prototype before?"

"No, not even one. Their deaths were so sudden, I wasn't able to get to victims and their families on time." Alice said, to which Indra remained quiet as he placed his hands under his chin.

"But I know someone who can be of help to us." Alice replied ecstatically, bringing Indra back from his thoughts.

"Interesting, tell me more."

0