Chapter 34: An Unpredictable Operation
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Richard leaned against his chair and overheard the conversation, the rest of the people in his office room had. Suggestions were free, but to put such plans into action were quite expensive. Enough to cost the lives of many in this company.

Taking out a cigar, Richard lit it, took a few puffs and continued to listen to the arguments others in the room had against each other.

"I'd say we give them a huge surprise attack from the beginning itself and wipe them out for good, one by one." Tony grumpily responded as he sat on the couch with his legs spread on the small glass table in front of him.

"No can do Tony. I say we eliminate them stealthily. This raises our chances of finishing them off and giving us time to eliminate our enemies. Remember it's five against one." Alice denied his proposal, as she took another sip of her mango juice.

"I disagree with all of you! I say we charge at them head on and just wipe them out for good. You have no idea how long I've been waiting to wipe them out for good." Ricardo evilly smirked as his hands partially transformed. Blinking their eyes in disbelief, the remaining members ignored him and went back to their plans.

"Don't ignore me!" Ricardo screamed yet again. This time no one bothered to look at him, leaving a frustrated Ricardo all to himself.

"Remember, there is five of us. We've received information that the cargo is going to be heavily guarded tonight, due to large amounts of the so called Dem-Potion arriving tonight." Tony responded, and looked at Richard.

Everyone looked towards Richard, who remained quite throughout, without uttering a word.

"But what about Aaron. He is at the initial stages of Cosmic Realm, while boss is at the peak of Emperor's realm. None of us are at Cosmic realm." Ema stepped in this time, as she furrowed her brown in anxiety. Despite the calmness in her face, her heart was throbbing immensely.

"Ema are you alright?" Alice asked her in concern.

"I'm fine, just nervous about the fight." She gripped her frock tightly as sweat trickled down her forehead.

A fight unlike never before. All the people in here strong, and talented and yet lacked one basic thing. Time. Time was of constraint and they needed more of it, in order to train and grow stronger. However, none of those were going to save them today.

What would eventually save them, would be their valuable fighting experiences they gained from their previous fights. Extinguishing his cigar in his ashtray, Richard wiped the dust off his hands and stood up towards the four people in front of him.

"Well, I'll explain the plan as we move along. First, we need to suit up." Richard smiled as he led them towards the elevator. Inserting his key card, a small rectangular capsule revealed itself. There were two two buttons on them, stunning everyone else. He pressed one of the buttons, and the elevator began making it's way down.

"When did you have this?" Ema asked. Others were just as curious as she was.

"Let's just say, I'm special. Got to have a few secrets right?" He laughed loudly as the elevator went below the ground floor and further down, and finally stopped.

As the doors opened, two huge metallic doors appeared, as they walked out. Placing his thumb on the fingerprint scanner, the machine scanned his thumb and granted access to him.

'Ding'

"Welcome Mr. Richard Starling." Thoroughly impressed by Richard's A.I and his setup, the metallic doors opened, revealing a huge room. That wasn't the most surprising aspect. What was truly shocking were the items within the room. A room full of various weapons and armors by the wall.

As the group walked in, Richard spread his arms out in pride and said:

"This is my pride everyone. There are some armors and weapons of your choice. Get changed, we will be leaving in 30 minutes." Everyone began selecting armors and weapons suitable to them.

Initially nervous, they were now brimmed with confidence and elation as they began suiting up.

Ricardo chose a red colored beast armor in particular. While using his animafication, his strength and his physical aspects would grow astronomically to 3 meters! By wearing a beast armor, the armor has the ability to blend and change in accordance to his size.

Alice picked a small plated blue colored armor and a small staff to speed up her healing abilities. Being a support, she wouldn't require heavy armor and would be protected by her allies from the front.

Tony and Felicity surprisingly picked nothing. Having his large axe and armor with him, he waited for the others to get ready. As for Felicity, armor would be nothing but a hindrance to her. Being an assassin, agility was the most important to her. By wielding a short sword, she would stealthily execute her opponents. Truly one of a kind.

Richard grabbed onto his armor and his large hammer, which he had used back in the day, when he had fought together with Indra. Knowing it would be his last and final confrontation against his worst enemies, he decided to go all out.

Last but not least Ema. She picked a light weighted armor and her twin purple daggers, ready to annihilate her enemies.

With everyone prepared, Richard signaled everyone to gather around. Everyone eyes were on  Richard and were expecting orders from their leader.

"My loyal friends, and brothers. Tonight, and I mean this very night decides the fate of our fight against Falcon Steels and DW-Industries. With many people's hopes and wills, our strength should never falter. What we must do, is crush our enemies' hopes and wills. We take this bloody fight to them. We, as members of Golden Enterprises shall purge the darkness from this world!" Richard yelled with all his might.

"To Golden Enterprises!!" Tony yelled.

"To Golden Enterprises!!"

"To Golden Enterprises!!"

Everyone yelled in unison as they left the building and rushed into the car with ferocity. Everyone was ready to fight against their worst nightmares. Golden Enterprises against Falcon Steels. Now this was a fight which was bound to shake up the entire world.

--

With the rain torrenting and the thunder booming across the city, this large group of people remained still. Unfazed by the change in weather. With the gushing winds and the buzzing noise from the winds, Ariam's smile remained consistent, patiently waiting for the containers to arrive.

With hundreds of guards securing the perimeter, none would dare to trespass within the territory. With the rain coat covering her beautiful face filled with make up, her mobile phone vibrated constantly. Placing her wet hands in her pocket, she reached for her phone and picked it up.

"They're coming." Was all the anonymous caller replied, and immediately ended it. Unsurprised by such news, she shook her head and used Auroroar, alerting her guards.

Auroroar was an ability, which allowed the user to control the frequency by channeling mana into their vocal. This allowed them to increase or decrease the decibels within their throat.

"Everyone listen up! We have some very important guests arriving. Stay alert and if you spot them, give them a nice present. With all your love." The moment she ordered, the guards all rushed to their respective spots and kept an eye for the intruders.

While they were keeping an eye, Ariam received yet another call. This time, someone familiar.

"How are things going so far?"

"So far so good. Although, things are bound to get even more exciting!" She responded as she chuckled evilly.

"Stop with the riddles, and tell me what's going on!"

"That's why you're no fun, Aaron! Well, we have visitors coming." Ariam pouted when she felt Aaron irritated on the other side of the line.

"What?! How did our information get leaked?" He asked in surprise as he gritted his teeth in fear. He wasn't scared because of his enemies, he was in fear due to the arrival of his Dem-Potions.

"Should anything happen to the Dem-Potions, I swear I'll make sure to bury you alive. Kill them, before the containers arrive!!" As soon as Aaron yelled over the phone, the call was immediately disconnected. Sighing hopelessly, Ariam placed the phone away.

"Looks like someone will be getting a new phone."

"Ma'am, someone just infiltrated into the cargo. They managed to eliminate most of our guards at the entrance and are heading here. One of the guards, whose life was barely hanging, just reported." One of the guards replied, as he readied his rifle. A rifle filled with many special bullets.

"Wow, nice job my servant! Let them come, I can't wait to see an old acquaintance. I wonder how he would react when he sees me after so long." Ariam replied as she licked her lips in excitement.

--

Richard and his group eliminated the guards easily and carefully made their way into the cargo. Despite their enemies being alerted, they proceeded to enter cautiously without making any mistakes. Felicity quietly landed on one of the containers and looked around and made sure no enemies snuck on them.

With Tony and Richard acting as tanks, Ricardo and Felicity were speed demons. Alice and Ema were supportive roles. Noticing more guards rushing by, Tony grabbed his axe and hacked at them extremely quickly, killing some of them in an instant.

Walking further into the cargo, from a distance, Richard and his group finally spotted Falcon Steels' members all alert. Waiting for their prey to enter. They spotted Ariam, the boss of these thugs.

"You guys remember the plan right? Ricardo and Felicity, make sure to eliminate any threats that appear from behind us. Tony and I will take care of the front. Alice. get ready to buff out attacks, speed and defense. Ema, prepare any shield barriers if necessary." Everyone nodded silently.

Apart from Richard and Tony, the rest took a few steps back and jumped on top of the cargo containers. Tony and Richard who remained on the ground, began their killing spree. Wiping out many guards, it didn't take their enemies too long to notice their presence.

"There's no need to hide Richard. Just come out, it's not too hard is it now?" Ariam giggled as she noticed him and Tony appear from the containers.

Staring at Ariam, Richard felt something strange when he noticed this woman. She knew this woman all too well. Nonetheless, she felt so familiar, as if he had seen her somewhere way before. During the imperial era. Unfortunately, nothing came to his mind.

"Ariam, better cancel the deal with Aaron and quietly hand over the Dem-Potions and surrender. Otherwise, things won't end so well for you." Hearing his reply, Ariam remained silent and searched her surroundings for someone she anticipated. With her smile fading as quickly as the gusting winds, her eyes turned red.

Soon, she released her pressure, affecting everyone in her surroundings. Her own allies included. Richard and Tony were soon shielded by Ema's barriers. Much to their disappointment, her barrier broke within mere moments. The difference in realms and powers were just too obvious.

Retracting her aura, her demeanor returned to her usual cunning manner and stared at Richard smilingly.

"I would like to reject your offer."

"So be it then, I shall kill you here and make you pay for what you did!" Tony charged at Ariam as he slashed his axe towards her. Within the rain and such speed, the axe was bound to kill her. But, Tony widened his eyes when he noticed something he hadn't expected in his wildest dreams. She caught the axe with her bare hand. That meant only one thing. This woman was at the Cosmic Realm.

"That's a nice and strong weapon but you, are simply too weak." Ariam simply shrugged her shoulders.

Tony gritted his teeth in frustration, unaware of what to do. It was then, he felt a huge surge of energy coursing through his body. He felt so strong, his previous strength was nothing to be compared of.

Thanking Ema with a smile, he once again charged at Ariam, who now had a surprised expression in her eyes. Extracting her claws, Tony and Ariam began their ultimate showdown. Richard on the other side was met with one of the guards in King's Realm and the other at the peak Emperor's realm.

Everyone began their respective battles, without a moment's waste. The rain, the wind and the containers were none of their concerns now. All of that would be considered, once the true victors emerged from this battle.

0