Chapter5- Rosaire
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Kieran POV)

After I met my old friends, they brought me to an apartment where they seemed to have recently moved. There were still some boxes in the car that I helped them move in that place. The mood was heavy.

" now can you tell me what happened?" I asked them.

Adolphe and Mia looked at each other for a while. I did not know what they were thinking. I could simply find the answer in their mind if I wanted. But I did not have the habit to spy on my friend.

So I patiently waited, until they answered.

******

Mia was a police officer. Knowing this, our old friends, Alphonso, Elayne, and Helena tried to pull her into their attempt. They wanted to investigate the criminal network that kidnapped them in their childhood.

After all, it was strange, after our group escaped, despite our testimonies almost no real culprits were caught. We had heard rumors about 'that' being part of the business of a powerful and mysterious group.

Sadly for the trio, just like me, Mia was to afraid interact with the past. She told them, that she will try to help them, but she could not follow them. She also knew that I would have done everything I could to stop them, really everything. For that reason, I was not informed.

At one point in time, the trio went to Rosaire, the place where 'it' happened.

From time to time they will inform Mia of their finding. She will try to collaborate with them, from her position.

They found that after our escape, the criminal network in Rosaire had known a slight change. If in the past, it was somewhat chaotic, it was now fully organized. There was a kind of hierarchy that was fully organized by a strange organization.

One day, Mia was informed that the trio gas found a clue about the ' perpetrators', they were closely associated with the organization that ruled Rosaire.

It was also the last time that she obtained news from them.

 When they stopped to contact her, Mia knew that something has gone wrong.

She stopped to hesitate. She convinced Adolphe another of our friends to go with her to Rosaire.

As soon as they arrived, they tried to find the trio but discovered that they were now followed by a group of people.

" We think, that those people have something to do with our friend's disappearance. There are armed men among them. And we were only two. We knew that we could not continue like that. But we could not just involve the others. It was too dangerous for them.

At the point in time, we did not have any other choice but to contact you even if you were infuriated by our actions"

I was listening to her, not knowing how to feel, hurt, betrayed, worried, or sad.

It would have not happened if I went with them.

I glanced at the letter in my hand. It was found in a room where Helena stayed. I recognized her writing, even if it seemed rushed. I could feel her fear through it.

Written on the paper was a very short sentence.

" they are looking for Monster"

I was called many things. At one point, a time I was now going to interact with I was called " pretty boy". I was also called " hard sleeper", " the dreamer", " the spectator". But there was only one person who dared to call me "the monster", it was Helena.

I sighed before raising my head and returning my friend's gaze.

" I will need to visit the last places where they were seen," I said. I could also understand why they were moving to new places. They wanted to make it bad for the people who were following them. But being followed was just convenient to me.

It was like clues were coming knocking at my door by themselves.

" don't worry! We will certainly find them" I said confidently looking at my friend's crisped expression.

I did not even know if I was crying to convince them or just myself.

0