Chapter 1: So It Begins
861 22 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Shit. Why the hell are you here?”

I wake up to the loud cursing and rub my eyes in an attempt to see my surroundings. Where the heck am I and why is it so bright here? As soon as my eyes adjusted to the white room, I see a two faced man wearing a purple suit and a matching fedora approach me from behind a curtained room.

“Sorry about my outburst, I was surprised to see you here of all places. Hello Toban. Welcome to the afterlife. A little premature I know, you were on the way back to school before you were abducted by the Grim Reaper 2000.” The man points at a vacuum pump a few feet away from me.

He continued, “as an apology, I would like to make use of the isekai system to give you a second and fair shot at life. Moving onto the next part—“

I quickly interjected. “Who are you and why am I here? Am I dead for real? Is this all a joke? Take me back, my family and Hannah are waiting for me.”

The man bowed apologetically, “I’m really sorry about this Toban but I’m afraid I can’t take you back. You are dead for real. Your family including Hannah is observing your funeral and I’m afraid we can’t put your soul back in your body. As for my name, I’m Janis, the steward of decisions who serves Lady Astris the goddess of the entire universe. Usually it would be her job to welcome souls to the afterlife but she is currently busy with creating an entirely new universe and is unable to come.”

I let out a sigh. Thinking about my family and Hannah, by childhood best friend, brought tears to my eyes. I must have broken their hearts. Shit. I had vowed never to die before my parents so they wouldn’t have to cry for me and I had a promise I made with Hannah as well.

Damn, I really suck as a person huh? It seems I can’t do anything about it now. I guess I should move on and make the most out of the next situation.

“As I was saying earlier, we are going to send you to another world. The world we have in mind is one with swords and magic similar to the other isekai stories that you’ve read about in your spare time.”

At this, a screen popped up in front of me:

  —— Toban Kizu Redmont , 17 —— 

—— Level: 1 (0/10 EXP), Human ——

Strength: 0Health: 10/10

Speed: 0 Mana: 100/100

Defence: 0

Wisdom: 0

Intelligence: 0

Unallocated Stat Points: 20

“Moving onto to the most important part, developing your character. In this world everything runs on points. Pretty simple right? Just say “screen” or “status” and this screen will appear. Based on your allocated stat points you have the chance to acquire certain useful skills. The catch is that while there are many different races in the new world, humans are considered evil in this new world. Many of the humans are out to kill, destroy and enslave the other races, interesting isn’t it? You’ll be transported to a demi-human town so it’ll be up to you and your wit to convince them you aren’t a threat.”

“That’s a little unfair isn’t it? Making me public enemy number 1?”

“As much as we would like to make sure that you are brought into the world as seamlessly as possible I can’t mess with the conditions of bringing you to the other world too much. It would signal to the other deities that we show favouritism to certain folks and that quite frankly makes them angry. We won’t leave you alone however, we made sure you had a little more points than normal”

“I thought you weren’t allowed to show favouritism?”

“At my lady’s request, you were to be given 5 extra stat points for the mistake we made in bringing you here. Think of it as compensation. Now, you have a flat 20 unused points to use. I’ll give you some time to think about it” The man gestures for me to begin setting up my new character.

“How do each of these stats affect my character? Is strength proportional to my physical strength? How about speed, defence, wisdom, and intelligence? Does my mana pool increase?”

Before I could ask any more questions, Janis interrupted me. “The only important thing you need to know is that a point in Defense is equal to 5 health and a point in Intelligence gives you 20 mana. Every level you will receive 2 stat points so I suggest farming monsters or enemies to buff yourself up. Finally, depending on your stats you can access different skills.”

Armed with new information, I was able to make a confident decision.

As a human amongst other races, an archetype that is inconspicuous would be for the best since drawing too much attention would end up hurting me in the long run. An archer or assassin would fit the bill perfectly since I wouldn't want to stand out too much. However, in case anything went wrong, I wanted take care of things from a distance and have the necessary time to escape.

“I’ll allocate 2 points to strength, 5 to wisdom, 5 to intelligence, 3 to defence, and 5 to speed. I would like to be a magic archer in the new world.”

Janis paused before muttering under his breath

Shit, the type of person she would like, a smart, powerful individual with good looks. I pity you youngster.

“What was that Janis?”

“Ah, was just saying how your point allocation is an interesting one. Not many in this world allocate as many points as you did into speed and intelligence. It’s a very interesting choice.”

The screen began to show updated values:

  —— Toban Kizu Redmont , 17 —— 

—— Level: 1 (0/10 EXP), Human ——

Strength: 2Health: 25/25

Speed: 5 Mana: 200/200

Defence: 3

Wisdom: 5

Intelligence: 5

Unallocated Stat Points: 0

 

“Now, you have a list of skills you can choose from, here are some of the ones that may interest you. You may choose 3. Later down the line you’ll have options to either upgrade your skills to a higher level or gain access to new skills once your stats reach a certain level.”

— (Skills) —

{Leech} (lvl 1)

(A small percentage of the damage you deal will heal you)

{Surefire Hit} (lvl 1)

(Every third attack does 1.25x damage)

{Teleport} (lvl 1)

(Every 6 hours you can teleport a short distance) [50 meter range, 50 mana]

{Stealth} (lvl 1)

(Every 24 hours you can turn invisible for a short duration: 1 minute) [50 mana]

{Berserker} (lvl 1)

(Each point of health you are missing increases your strength by 1)

{Souleater} (lvl 1)

(Each monster you kill has a chance of dropping a soul crystal. Collecting certain amounts of soul crystals raises a stat of your choosing by a fixed amount, levels up a skill, or allows access to a unique skill)

{Joker’s Luck} (lvl 1)

(Every 5th attack you deal has a chance of applying a random status effect)

{Archer's Manaball} (lvl 1)

(Depending on the magical attributes you can use (wind, fire, lightning, water, or earth) you will fire a ball of concentrated mana of that specific attribute) [15 meter range, 30 mana, damage dependent on mana type]

Instantly I was drawn to {Souleater}, the concept of gaining additional power from killing monsters or enemies was an OP concept in many RPGs I’ve played. {Leech} would save money in the long run as I wouldn’t need to pay for many potions. The last skill was somewhat difficult to choose. After weighing the costs and benefits of all the skills {Stealth} seemed to offer the most use. I might need it to run away or hide from a situation I can’t avoid.

The status screen updated the new information:

  —— Toban Kizu Redmont , 17 —— 

—— Level: 1 (0/10 EXP), Human ——

Strength: 2Health: 25/25

Speed: 5 Mana: 200/200

Defence: 3

Wisdom: 5

Intelligence: 5

Unallocated Stat Points: 0

— (Skills) —

{Leech} (lvl 1)

(A small percentage of the damage you deal will heal you)

{Stealth} (lvl 1)

(Every 24 hours you can turn invisible for a short duration: 1 minute) [50 mana]

{Souleater} (lvl 1)

(Each monster you kill has a chance of dropping a soul crystal. Collecting certain amounts of soul crystals raises a stat of your choosing by a fixed amount, levels up a skill, or allows access to a unique skill)

“Lastly, we wouldn’t want you to go unprepared in the new world. Next to you you’ll find some clothing and weapons you can choose from.”

At this, a few pairs of clothes and an assortment of weapons appeared around me.

After thinking for a while, I decided that having clothes to help me move around more easily with the bow and arrow would work better. After picking up my weapon of choice and changing my clothes to the lighter and more comfortable garments of a ranged adventurer, I felt somewhat prepared to conquer the new world.

“Good luck Toban, before you leave, I’ll give you a storage item box. Inside are some coins so you can begin your new life there.”

A light red pouch appeared on my belt which completed the adventurer look I had seen so often in the mangas I read.

“Well, I don’t think I can be more ready than this.”

“I don’t have anything else to tell you either. Good luck Toban. I wish your adventure is filled with many interesting and wonderful things.”

At this, my body was teleported into the new world.

***Afterlife***

Janis walked over to the pile of clothes Toban left behind.

“Mistress, he’s gone for sure. I believe you’d want his clothes?”

At once, a young lady who looked as if she was in her early 20s ran from the curtained room. Without any hesitation, she dove for Toban’s clothes and began sniffing them.

“I’m sorry Toban. I really wanted to see you in person but I was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to control myself when I saw your face.”

At once, her face became flushed as she rubbed herself to relieve her strong emotions.

“Oh fuck, that feels so good. You really know how to tease a woman don’t you? I’m so sorry darling, you’re just so cute and perfect for me. I’ve been looking for a mate for a long time and I realise you have just the right amount of potential and good looks to be a divine being like me. Because of that, I really wanted you to myself you know. I couldn’t stand you getting close to that bitch on earth so I brought you here. You needed someone more worthy of you. Like… me! Oh god. You smell so divine. I can’t wait to see how your adventures in this new world would look like. You’d better be ready for me love. Oh Shit, I can’t wait for the real thing.”

At this, she began shaking. The fingers on her right hand were covered in her sticky fluids as she thrusted them in and out of her honeypot. Her face was scrunched up with ecstasy as her left hand held Toban’s clothes close to her face.

Meanwhile, Janis stood there gawking at the lady and her blissful ignorance of his presence.

“Um… Lady Astris Would you like me to leave while you relieve yourself?”

“Shut-up Janis! Just go and do whatever you need to do. Don’t get in my way. AHH! Toban, you better be ready for me darling. I’m going to make sure you know who you belong to. You’re mine. When you reach a certain level, I’m gonna give you a special blessing. Oh God. I’m cumming. Toban. Darling. AHHHH!”

As her orgasm reached its climax, her screams became louder and louder until she stopped shaking. Only the sound of her panting and the steamy haze in the room remained as signs of her intense and private activity.

“I’m coming for you soon darling. Just wait for me like a good boy okay?”

***Earth***

“TOBAN!!! Hic hic hic”

Sounds of wailing were heard throughout the graveyard. As close friends and family were gathered to mourn the death of Toban, a girl stood in front of the grave carrying a bouquet of pretty flowers.

“Toban, these were flowers I had grown carefully in preparation for our wedding in a few years. You promised me that after we’d graduated college you’d marry me if you didn’t find a girlfriend before then. I was planning on scaring all of the girls away from you just so that we could be together just like we had always been throughout our youth. Yet, I’m sure you wouldn’t leave me alone like this right Toban?”

The look in her eyes became clouded and dark. A smile bordering on the insane filled her face as her carefully tied platinum blonde hair with dark blue highlights became undone and covered her beautiful face.

“You were supposed to be with me. You were supposed to love me. Do you know how long I’ve waited to make a promise similar to the one you just made with me? I wish you would have just promised to marry me, but I guess you were just a little shy. I know I get a little possessive of my cute Toban but that’s just how it is. Your amazing smile, your dark hair and black almond shaped eyes. Everytime I look at you I get all hot and bothered. This is what you made me Toban. Take responsibility for these feelings idiot.”

At this, the girl began to cry.

“Toban. Please come back. I’ll do anything to get you back. I won’t love anyone else in my entire life. Just come back to me. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you.”

A tall woman with circles under her eyes approached the weeping girl, “Hannah, I know you really liked my son a lot. I think he would be happy you came but he’d be sad by the fact that you were hurt so much by this. He would be happier if you could move on from him. A bit of a selfish request I guess but knowing him, it’s probably what he would say if he was here.”

Hannah looked to the woman and her maniacal smile was replaced by a soft smile. “Yes, I know it’s what he would want but I can’t help myself. I love him so much.”

The two of them hugged and cried at the lost of someone close to them. As they were hugging the girl started to stare at a distance with eyes that shone with a terrifying glint.

I’ll come after you, Toban. You’re mine. Nothing’s changed. You’ll always be mine forever. One way or another.

 

Hello all, as a girl, this was a genre that I found a lot of enjoyment in planning for and writing about so let me know in the comments if you'd like to see anything or whether the chapter lengths are alright or any of your thoughts. This is my first novel so if you can offer me any tips or any edit suggestions that would be super cool! Thinking of updating this once week or something like that. Hope you enjoy this and see you later. Cheers!

P.S. To all the yandere authors I love and read. Write MORE! XD

 

Would you like to see more of this? Let me know if you can. Thanks!
  • Yes Votes: 60 100.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 60
23