[Chapter 10 – The first hunt – Part 3]
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before resuming my hunt I checked for changes on my status. As expected right under my race it showed [Stage: Juvenile] and my merit points reached up to 500.

Then I proceed myself in a quadrupedal position.

Channelling nano-energy on my legs, I start to sprint through the tall grass, searching for my next prey.

After approximately ten minutes, heavy and slow steps alarmed my senses.

Less than twenty meters from my position there was a furred quadrupedal giant.

Two long curved tusks protruding from its face. A long trunk placed between them.

I started to approach it, silently moving through the grass, lowering my abdomen near the ground.

Even my skin being now black, helped a lot since I blended well in the darkness of the night.

But as I was a few meters from it, the three meters tall beast was strangely looking at my position.

I think it heard me coming near it somehow.

I clearly had my stealth skill up and was moving silently, one step at a time.

"BAHRUUUAAHH"

It lunched a scream, then he charged at my position with its tusks.

Seeing the mad charge of the beast I quickly reacted, unwrapped my tendrils and Enhanced them with nano-energy.

I managed to dodge it in time.

As the beast passed my position, I quickly turned around and sprinted following it from behind.

Perceiving my presence the beast tried to stop its momentum by stomping hard its feet on the ground.

Then grasping the opportunity I enhanced my legs and with them and my tendril pressing hard on the ground I leaped through the air.

I managed to land over the back of the animal. As it achieved to stop its momentum it was already too late.

Gripping hard on its hide with my claws I perforated with my enhanced tail its belly.

At the same time I was trying to bite on its back with my jaws, realising my acid saliva.

But it was much harder than the belly, it would take some time to pierce through it.

The behemoth that was starting to profusely bleed, became even more enraged.

It slashed its trunk towards me repeatedly, but every time I parried it using my tendrils.

As time passed my tendrils started to hurt, slowly leaking purplish blood.

The trunk of the beast was stronger and incredibly sturdier than my tendrils.

I'm not too surprised, since my body was still developing, while this beast was clearly an adult.

But at the same time, its belly was badly hurt.

It had lost a lot of blood too, Its insides were in dire conditions.

Death was slowly approaching the monster.

As I thought so even the beast must be imaging the following course of action.

"BOOOM"

The behemoth throw its body on the ground, falling on the flank I was in.

An extremely dangerous move, but it didn't have anything to lose. Standing still or running wildly around wouldn't put me in danger.

As a consequence of this move it wouldn't be able to fight if were able to survive.

Indeed, I survived. The beast must have underestimated my senses.

Even more when I was tightly gripping on its flank. Immediately sensing its muscles strangely bending and it putting its weight on the flank I was in.

I understood.

I had to get out of the way as soon as possible. The problem was my tail, still inside the beast's belly.

Trying to help myself to reach the top of its back, I enhanced my claws and tendrils.

The last ones were in dire condition and wouldn't help that much, every time I forced them to contract and extend again and again I felt extreme pain.

Nonetheless I didn't give up. In the end I managed to put my body to safe, at least most of it.

"KIIIEEEEEEEKK!

It hurts as hell! Fuck! My tail and left leg became plumps of flesh and bones, pressed hard against the sheer weight of the behemoth.

Consequently I was trapped under the beast body. I had to move, enhancing my arms and claws I ripped from my body the remnants of my left leg and tail.

Then I quickly rushed towards the head of the beast that was madly trying to get up.

While advancing I had to be careful of its tusks. Being impaled by one of them wouldn't be a pleasant experience.

Mastering my strength on my only remaining leg, I enhanced it and leaped over the beast neck.

Next I started to madly munching on it with my jaws and to lacerate it with my claws.

What an amazing vitality, after three full minutes the beast exhaled its last breath.

[Beast killed, 700 MP gained]

Hearing this I made clicking sounds with my mouth, showing my genuine happiness.

This delicious meal was only waiting for me to eat.

An hour later only the white bones of the beast remained. I think I will take away its tusks and sell them in the [shop].

For now I decided to take a nap until dawn, since I'm tired and mostly in need to heal my wounds.

I hurried myself in a fetal position and enhanced my senses, while putting my body into torpor.

Ultar I woke me up a few hours later. I had grown a lot during this hours of sleep.

I didn't feel any pain this time, although it's not that strange.

In fact, my body indeed became bigger, but it didn't change.

In my two previous growth experiences my body had more of a quality change, and not quantity as this case.

As such, I didn't feel any change other than an increase in height of roughly 20 centimetres.

Now towering over 1.80 meters. It wasn't that much if considered objectively.

For example to the celidres, who's adults had an average height of 1.60 meters,  it was considerably high. However compared to other races, I might even be regarded as short.

I stretched out my regrown tail and leg, felling them as they had never been amputated.

Then, placing the tucks on my shoulders I begin to make my way north, were the shuttle stop should be.

While on the move, I started to ponder.

Analysing my battles I had to recognise that my Instincts changed my.

I'm overall more ruthless and decisive then before. Going wild and doing anything possible to ensure my survival, kill my opponent.

I don't feel myself lost, it's me and I can clearly feel it.

I'm just becoming more calculative, maybe this is an intrinsic aspect of my new race, the Azoths

0