[Chapter 13 – The brothel]
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I think I acted a bit impulsively with this new skill of mine. But I would have purchased it anyway, see how comfy it is.

Speaking about comforts I really need a spatiol bag or something like that.

[System, with my current coins is there any spatial object I could purchase?] I asked to the motionless robot.

I'd hate to go and engage in a combat with these stingy merchants.

Vix was just a novice and had just the essentials to hunt some weak monsters. Her team didn't even think about hunting massive beasts.

[The user may consult the list of spatial containers to it available] Said the robot, its eyes flashed with an intense blue.

Soon after a list of all kinds of rings, pendants and many other accessories flashed in my mind.

Every one of them had clear a description of their origin and capabilities.

As I was about to chose a ring of my liking the robot stopped me.

[The system recommend the user a choice more fitting of its species, would you like to look into it?]

Asked me the robotic voice, I already chose a good item but it was worth a try anyway.

I was curious about everything regarding my species.

Their eyes flashed once again and the same catalogue I was looking at suddenly emptied, and a single item made its appearance.

It was a little red gem, emanating a strangely luminescent aura.

I could feel a weak connection coming from it. The bond coming from my species surely isn't something to scoff at.

This thing was produced by my brethren without a doubt.

It said Its name was [Eteth's tear], an ancient remnant of the Azots.

As this species started to get forgotten, this relic of the past slowly lost its value.

It said it costed me 70 coins. Urgh! Almost all of my [coin]s. I was very reluctant to buy it sincerely.

I would almost got depleted in one go, it was extremely pricey.

Actually I didn't even know what this thing was, what if it was just a stone. My guts were indeed telling me that I had a bond with it, but I was still uncertain, I could just wait to make more [coin]s right?

"Buy it, without a doubt it's the real thing"

The raspy voice of Aiduth echoed inside my mind. Alright I gotta buy this then, I already trust her enough.

[I will take it] I said decisively through my mental connection with the robot.

As I said so I could feel my 'virtual' coins getting taken away.

Then I could see a little leather pouch forming between my legs.

I picked it up and moved near the entrance of the building, waiting for Vix.

I didn't wish to spend more [coin]s, hoping for my servant to have gained some.

While I was waiting I decided to speak a bit with Aiduth, I deserved an explanation.

"Aiduth care to explain one bit?" I asked, a little curious and expectant.

"Yes. This is an artefact of old, it is more important than what you think.

Basically the system gifted it to you. Even if I shouldn't say I you probably already guessed why.

Anyway It is an item that grows along with its holder. Its basic function, that is initially unlocked is a simple spatial storage.

For the other functions, you aren't ready yet"

Said her as always trying to play mysterious.

Even if a little annoyed, I couldn't but bear with it.

"And what should I do with this 'stone'?"

I asked, with a tingling of annoyance.

"just swallow it whole, don't munch on it" Said her.

I knew she said what she had to, and won't respond to other questions.

Then I opened the pouch and threw inside my mouth the gem, gulping it down.

Waiting a minute for something to happen I started to feel a bit disappointed.

But suddenly I started to feel hot in my forehead, the burning sensation increased. After a few seconds I started to feel pain and a warm purplish liquid slowly descending from my forehead.

A little surprised I left out a small scream.

KIEEK!

But as more time passed the pain started to disappear.

Then I quickly focused my senses on my forehead to perceive the changes it had undergone.

In the middle of it there was a tear shaped bright red gem, emanating little reddish aura around it.

I could also feel my connection with it. Focusing my nano-energy on it, I realized I could access to a spacial room as big as my ex-apartment in the slums.

This should be the ability that Aiduth spoke of, good enough.

[I've returned, from selling the things you said to I earned 47 coins]

Said her, in a seemingly apologetic tone.

I knew how stinky could be the merchants, since uncle was actually one of them.

He told me one or two things about his occupation.

The problem with utilized goods was exactly that the system valued them rather lowly.

While you could strike better deals with the merchants they weren't as easy to trade with as the system.

[It is fine, now we'll proceed toward the slum district]

As I said this she seemed a little disgusted. As the bad reputation of this district was well known.

But I wanted to do two things in there. Since I want vix to get a companion similar to her, I'll search for a next compatible lesser.

I knew well about the conditions they lived in.

If I spoke about offering them strength it would be easier for them to accept.

Most will gladly accept a deal with the devil to get out of their misery.

I wanted to check in my little room too.

I haven't forgotten about my revenge, they will sure regret it.

I bet they visited it after my presumed death, I want to see if they left some clues.

Said so, accompanied with Vix, we started heading to the station, to get on a shuttle directed to the slums.

Fortunately I don't have a nose, I just had to shut down certain senses to stop perceiving the nauseating stink of the slums.

But the poor Vix couldn't certainly do the same. After ten minutes of walk into the putrid alleys she gave in and threw up.

I remember that my first reaction wasn't that different, as I came back from my three years of the gymnasium.

As a matter of fact I initially came from this very place, more precisely from an orphanage.

An hour later, we had walked quite a bit but this district was really big and the nearest stop to my room was still that far.

I augmented my senses, but in the entirety of our walks none of the passers-by could have been turned.

I was a bit frustrated, but at the same time a little happy since thanks to Aiduth I didn't waste Vix by eating her.

Once arrived near the ladder that took inside the pristine agglomerate my room was in, I made signal to Vix to follow me.

Inside my little hut I discovered, without much surprise, that it was all a mess.

I think they tried to mask my disappearance with me being robbed or something simile.

This was the strange part. It is true that there was an investigative occupation.

Even more, killing criminals or shady characters could gain you Merit Points.

But it was very unusual that they would get interested to someone as lowly as a mere miner.

This should be related to the [Inspector] that tried to kill me.

Someone must have gone against him and tried to use the death of my team to report him.

Then the [Inspector] tried to mask my death like this.

[Vix could you please try to contact a certain smuggler ? I'll give you his address, go and buy some monster meat.

If you can't find him hurry back here. If you do find him try to memorize your encounter and tell me everything.

I'll go and visit some brothels in the mean time]

I said, not caring about her expression after hearing what I said in the end.

I needed to visit places beaming with life, and the brothels in the slums were almost constantly full.

Then I came back to the usual alley and made my way to the nearest brothel.

A large pink hologram representing a dancing celidre female, and an actual building connected to the agglomerate.

Most brothels were bin the hands of those that actually had nano-energy compatibility but decided to exploit the weak.

Rather than to take on occupations such as the hunter.

As I crossed the door all kind of strange sounds were being heard by my senses. They sure worked hard in here.

Then I got near the counter and started a telepathic conversation with the female employee standing there.

She was very plain, no make up, long brown hairs but she seemed very tired.

I think that standing at the counter wasn't her only occupation in the brothel.

[I'll look around] I Said before dropping two [coin]s over the counter.

A face full of disbelief imprinted on her face.

Indeed if I really tried to experience sexual intercourse with a poor celidre I would most likely kill her.

Little did she know about my real intentions.

I started to look around, the females workers weren't looking at me very nicely.

Even if I could give her a generous tip they would most likely get heavily injured, at the very least.

Nothing, neither the clients or the ladies were compatible.

But as I was to pass onto the next brothel I sensed a heated conversation between three individuals.

One male, I suspect him to be one of the owners of the brothel. On the other part two young females, they were pretty tall for the average celidre, almost 1.70 meters.

They had light brown hair with shades of yellow, Their facial features weren't ugly but neither that beautiful.

One of them had more of a sturdy physique while the other seemed rather skinny and sick.

"You can't treat her like that anymore! I want her back, I can pay you or even take her place. Look at her, she's dying!

You can't throw her to customers like him!

They would have killed her even if she wasn't like this!

You need to put some rules on this damn place; Fenzox !"

Said the more sturdy sister, the 'customer' she referred to was exactly me.

I was going near them, since I sensed something special from the sickly looking sister.

She will come with me, I have already decided. I hope sweet words will work.

Retorting to violence would be the plan B.

Either way this lady needs to stop pointing at me like that. I too have my limits.

"Fenzox!! Look at this ugly thing, get him out of here!"

Continued here, not caring about the place her head could roll on if she continued.

"Sister calm down, he didn't do anything to me or every one here.

He isn't responsible for my current condition!

Cough! Cough!"

Said her, I was a little touched here, before starting to cough.

She seemed not only weak but seriously sick, maybe she got some illnesses from non protected sexual intercourse.

It would be a bit shameless to say but, it was even better.

Now she would most likely accept my proposal as I could save her life.

Well more exactly I would change it, she doesn't have much of a choice.

The fatty middle aged celidre than gave me a grimaced look, as if threatening me to not be able to come here anymore.

Why should I care about this shabby place and its 'services'.

Not even perplexed or perturbed from it I just continued to slowly advance.

"AH! Get him out! He wants to hurt my poor Zaha.

You ugly thing get away from us!"

Simply outrageous, this lady has gone completely nuts. I can understand a bit since her sister is almost on her death bed because of this very 'customers'.

But I have my pride now, I can't let my species get insulted freely like this.

"You've… gone… too far. Klick Klick" With this ugly, raspy and extremely unpleasant voice I gave her my ultimatum.

Yet her face full of disgust was starting to curve into a smile.

What? Thought I wouldn't dare to actually hurt you.

My tendrils unwrapped from my forearms and exploded in a myriad of colours culminating with nano-energy.

In a matter of seconds the female ended up in mid air, trapped within my tendrils and with my tail's blade a few centimetres from touching her neck.

"I'm sorry she's been extremely disrespectful to you.

Cough! Cough!

Please spare her and I will do everything for you!"

Said her, her pleading expression clearly genuine, she cared about her sister.

Under the pale gaze of the mortified owner and the sorry look of the impolite lady, I started a telepathic conversation with my new future slave.

I was more incline to respect the deal she just kinda shouted.

I can't waste an easy agreement like this one.

1