[Chapter 15 – Back to Hunt]
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Well Vix, your time has come too, drink the glass of water and fulfil our deal.]

I said, inviting her to sit on the chair, still dripping from the fluids of Zaha's transformation.

[W-What will happen to me? Will my body become like this?]

She asked me, pretty worried. Since I didn't remove the remains of the previous body of Zaha.

[You can just stand up or sit on the table if it disgusts you.

About what happened to you you can just ask her]

As I said this I pointed over to Zaha how was standing at my side.

[Don't worry Vix, you should see this more as a test the master is offering to us.

Dominate the beast and demonstrate your worth, then you'll have nothing to fear]

Zaha responded to Vix's anxious questions, as I placed the glass over the table, gesturing for her to pick it up.

She gulped it up and sat on the table, waiting for it to take effect.

Meanwhile I took out the body of the thug and cut it vertically in two parts.

I think I won't use this place after this, since it became pretty disgusting in there, even for me.

Then I gave on of the halves to Zaha to eat.

While waiting I thought about one or two things to do.

After the hunt I wanted to come back at the exchange district.

I need a [tool] that could be used as a form of mapping, since I didn't want to get lost once more.

Maybe two, since Vix threw her bag to escape she probably had her map inside it.

Then I wanted to buy a sort of armour, not something very big, just to cover my vital points.

I'll go for a top like protection an helmet, hoping to find something. I know my elongated head is pretty unusual.

Finally I wanted to see if it was possible to buy the permit to advance on the next level of my occupation.

To achieve it I needed to have a sufficient main [rank], peasant should enough.

Obviously I needed the right amount of [coin]s too.

"GHAAAAAH"

As time passed the the process started to take place for Vix too.

But it was very different from what Zaha experienced.

Vix suddenly felt on the ground rolling in pain.

We could clearly sense big movements inside her abdomen. The embryo seemed more furious and powerful than Zaha's.

Nonetheless I could see Vix gritting her teeth, trying to resist the pain.

Gradually her body started to get more and more skinny, condensing its mass on the abdomen.

Vix had already lost consciousness, now was probably fighting with her beast.

I could sense the thick purple veins forming under the cocoon going bigger, pulsating faster.

Then something very strange happened.

I could clearly understand it since the cocoon started to manifest a reaction that a servant of my species shouldn't be able to do.

The veins of the cocoon started to change in colour, from deep purple to crimson red.

Then then cocoon started to slowly absorb

nano-energy from the environment.

It wasn't anything of the calibre of my own cocoon. I only sensed small quantities getting sucked in.

[Aiduth wake up, what do you think?]

I probed the raspy voice, wating for an explanation.

[Uhg?! This is a very rare case indeed. It may happen that once turned lesser may become of another type, such as this case.

While Zaha is clearly on the norm, Vix will become an half-Azot.

A much more powerful variant of lesser, but she will have an harder fight for the owning of the body.

You should be careful to, in case the beast win over her it will most likely rebel to you.

It is a baby, obviously you shouldn't have problems.]

Interesting! What about there are other variation of lesser? I certainly wouldn't disdain new powerful servants.

But at the same time I can feel a bottleneck about the numbers of my slaves. Maybe it is related about the evolution Aiduth talked about.

[I see, thank you.]

As we ended the conversation the cocoon started to get thorned open, from its inside.

Sticky liquids started to fell over the floor, two small hands pushed to the side the skin of the cocoon. Letting the rest of its body out of the cocoon.

"KIIEEEEEK"

"We are finally free, we thanks the master for this opportunity"

Preceded from a scream of pure happiness, what should be Vix's new appearance presented herself to me.

Her voice was similar to mine, raspy, unpleasant but distorted at the same time.

I could feel something different coming from her.

She was indeed Vix, but almost as if something new was added to her very mind.

She instantly recognised my as her master, meaning that the beast didn't win over her.

Even more shocking was that she could speak without a problem.

[Vix explain better, who really are you. I also would prefer for you to speak telepathically with me.

Just to remind you, this ability of yours will be very useful for us to communicate with others.

But it is more vulnerable too, as someone could eavesdrop on us]

As I said this I felt her liking to my mind.

[It is very simple master. We became one, we can explain it with your terms if you don't understand.

There is no more Vix, nor beast, only 'us']

She said this, giving me a beastly smile.

[I get it. Good, now eat the thug's half I prepared for you.

I can feel that you two want some action, we'll take a nap and depart at dawn]

As I said this I leaned over the wall, giving a quick glance at Vix's new appearance before putting my body into torpor.

She was ten centimetres taller than Zaha, she had the usual skinny physique and elongated head.

Her skin colour wasn't pale white but light red.

Her mouth was larger than mine and Zaha's, on her neck she had a rainbow coloured collar-like tissue.

Wrapped over her right forearm she had crimson coloured tendrils.

Sensing Ultar II raising over our heads and the room consequentially heating up, we started to move.

I probably won't return here for a while, or even won't return at all.

We left all the mess as it was, reducing the cocoons into a random pulp of flesh.

I didn't want someone too stick their nose too close on my actions.

Well Zaha and Vix were clearly still stinking from the fluids, but I'll make them roll on the grass once at the evergreen plains.

I have noticed that my status has been updated too, displaying Vix and Zaha as my servants just under my name.

[Lesser: Zaha (enhanced – Xenomorph),

Vix (Demi-Azot) ]

We walked over to the shuttle stop and embarked towards the hunting grounds.

[You two, work together and distribute the prey equally among yourselves.

Obviously if you kill one entirely by yourself you can take it for you.

Don't go further than 2 Kilometres from the stop.

We'll meet up here in two days. Good luck.]

I made a little speech for my servants, they indeed needed to grow as they resembled two alien brats right now.

But I wanted them too coordinate as well.

KIEEEEEK!

KIEEEEEK!

Just as I ended my speech they screamed out loud and in a quadrupedal position rushed towards the tall grass ahead.

I didn't need to replicate their deed to give me

courage, I was quite confident already.

Like this I pumped nano-energy into my legs and departed to the deepest part of this hunting ground.

During my rush I sensed a groups of canine like beasts, maybe even of the same specie I encountered on my last hunt.

But this time I progressed straight, deeper.

About ten kilometres from the stop I sensed a potential prey.

I activated my stealth perk and leaned my torso near the ground, slowly advancing.

The beast seemed to be a two meter long feline, it had a grey fur with black stripes all over it.

It had two tails that ended in a bony spine each.

As I got closer the beast pointed up its hears, its senses seemed sharper than what I thought.

I needed to strike, any further and it would discover me.

I unwrapped my tendrils, with their support and by enhancing my legs I leaped forward.

I prepared my tail to pierce directly into its belly, but as I was about to accomplish the deed the beast reacted.

It had incredible reflexes, as it quickly twisted its body to dodge. Only to get scratched on the flank, receiving a light long cut in its skin.

GROWWL!

It roared fiercely at me, trying to seem intimidating.

I didn't flinch and rushed forward, infusing my tendrils and aiming at its legs.

I wanted to try to immobilize it, then block its mouth with my claws and throw my tail into its belly.

As I approached it, the beast jumped high avoiding the hold of my tendrils.

Then it directed its tails towards me, trying to strike exploiting its momentum.

I parried the tail with my forearms, letting the two long spines penetrate from side to side.

It did hurt a lot, but now the beast had its mobility restricted.

Unable to pull them out I coiled my tendrils around its hind legs.

Enhancing my tail deep blue I forced it inside the soft belly of the feline.

GROWWL!

It definitely hit the spot, I continued to ravage the inside of the beast. As it started to bleed profusely.

Feeling cornered it rapidly contorted its body trying to hit me on the neck.

KIIIIIIEEEEEK!!

As I saw it's jaws dangerously near my head I infused my voice with nano-energy and emitted an high piercing scream, empting my lungs.

The beast that seemed to be particular sensible to sounds stopped its attack howling in pain.

Soon after blood started to flow out of its ears.

As such, I distributed most of my energies onto the still ravaging tail, lacerating entirely its organs.

A few seconds later I sensed it exhaling its last breath.

[Beast killed, 400 MP gained]

Then I quickly munched on the tails and pulled the spines out of my for arms.

Even a few tendrils had been damaged in the beast attack.

It surely shouldn't be underestimated.

Nonetheless my resistance to pain has greatly increased since becoming a juvenile.

Then I roughly cut the fur of the beast, conserving it in my space.

Soon after I started to eat the body of the feline.

After taking a quick nap, I noticed that my body had undergone another growth sprout, reaching 2 metres of height.

Once again it was only a quantitative change.

Hoping for the next time to finally enter the adult stage, I hurried myself in search of the next prey.

1